Builds I bought a Whale, now I gotta build it and use it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im no pro there but I never felt them slip in the snow.

Nothing works in the ice without studs or chains
Love those roads around the San Juans. Man, I think my 200 has been the best in the snow of all vehicles I have owned.

Good to know about the ridge graplers. I've been using KO2s which have (in my opinion) been better in snow than coopers, duratracs, wildpeaks, Hancooks, Toyos that i have tried over the years. Nitto is not one I have tried though, might have to give those a shot.

I'm impressed you towed the 40 that far in those conditions! It tows, but hard to keep up with traffic on the passes. It really surprised me how different it tows than a Tundra with the same motor.

Love those roads around the San Juans. Man, I think my 200 has been the best in the snow of all vehicles I have owned.

Good to know about the ridge graplers. I've been using KO2s which have (in my opinion) been better in snow than coopers, duratracs, wildpeaks, Hancooks, Toyos that i have tried over the years. Nitto is not one I have tried though, might have to give those a shot.

I'm impressed you towed the 40 that far in those conditions! It tows, but hard to keep up with traffic on the passes. It really surprised me how different it tows than a Tundra with the same motor.

Recon Grappler. I replaced a set of Ridge Grapplers of the same size.

I did not have any passes with the 40 on the trailer. I left it in Denver.

I really felt in in MPG this trip going uphill and into the wind all the way out though. I usually get 10 towing 40s in the flatlands of the south.

Recon Grappler. I replaced a set of Ridge Grapplers of the same size.

I did not have any passes with the 40 on the trailer. I left it in Denver.

I really felt in in MPG this trip going uphill and into the wind all the way out though. I usually get 10 towing 40s in the flatlands of the south.
Oops, yeah recons is what I meant.

I loaded up my 55 to tow down to SAS because I wanted to take my 200 too. Towing around the flats in the valley was fine, but the pass was very slow and I knew I had many climbs to make on the way to CO. Ended up not taking the 200. Hoping to take it down to that area with my son in in the 80 soon as he’s legal.

A guy put up a nice 2F on Facebook last week so I loaded up and went after it.
16B3B605-D793-449A-BEEB-48DC72F7F506.jpeg

Turns out he is a director of racing development at Toyota Plano.
DFF07BD6-7EB0-48E7-9281-6E8CA6D59122.jpeg

I snagged his 2F and he shared a FJ45 they have on deck to stuff a 5.7 into at the Toyota race shop
640FE15C-A39A-4692-A0F2-3E7CEA17BEB4.jpeg

The real reason I’m in Texas

The M416 is the perfect engine hauler
95EDBF49-CB02-4D34-90D3-D0FBEC288E07.jpeg

Another day, another snag. This time it’s a 1986 out of the Louisiana swamp. Got to see the Audubon bridge and eat a decent poboy.

B499509A-0F4F-490E-8158-8EE0BB1369B6.jpeg

0A32DEEF-ECE6-479C-9E11-E12134C38581.jpeg

44660A7C-99E1-4B8F-9348-F1913BD25BE2.jpeg

29C8A3FB-C7E6-4BBA-BF04-0DB989755AAE.jpeg

That shipping container pic makes me laugh.

When I was a kid and would get into trouble, my mom would always say “Johnny, you really pulled a boner this time.”

Of course that was embarrassing; my friends would die laughing and commence to teasing.

Now, I say it once in a while and make my wife and kids laugh. 😆

Best looking bumper for the 2016+ 200. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.
I’m a little scared to be honest. I like to swing hammers and s***. Reading this many directions is a bit frightening

I’m a little scared to be honest. I like to swing hammers and s***. Reading this many directions is a bit frightening
I’ll help you out. Put everything back on the pallet and send it to me. I’ll PM you my address.

You’re welcome

I’ll help you out. Put everything back on the pallet and send it to me. I’ll PM you my address.

You’re welcome

I constantly raz @cruiseroutfit about how much time I spend unpackaging parts from his shop.

@sleeoffroad is like….ha. Hold my beer.

Step One.

Organize your workspace took me a solid hour unpacking all the pieces.

Holler if we can assist. We've been installing a bunch of them as of late and Olly (our tech engineer) is dialed in on them!

They are sharp!

20230120_171937.jpg

20230120_171930.jpg

Last edited:
I constantly raz @cruiseroutfit about how much time I spend unpackaging parts from his shop.

@sleeoffroad is like….ha. Hold my beer.

Step One.

Organize your workspace took me a solid hour unpacking all the pieces.
Ironic for something that’s made to get the poop beat out of it.

Make sure you take a long swig of that beer before you start cutting your bumper cover. Helps to make it nice and straight.

Took most of the day but it was not hard at all. I think it takes me this long to install a 100 series ARB last time I did one.

I made the big long cut with the Milwaukee and tuned up the cuts and cut mudflaps with the body saw.

I’ll rate my bumper cut a B. Pretty consistent. The stinger kinda has me wonky. I could cut 1/8” more around that. Might.

Did. It really know it would look as empty as it does without the middle light bar. I am not a light bar guy but I might get one to compete the look.

The middle skid tucks in the ARB skid nicely.

As always. Beautiful product @sleeoffroad

3419E4DB-FB87-4040-AB5D-E045AEE2B5CA.jpeg

09FF9AAE-B04F-411A-BA7C-4824925A7A21.jpeg

477C7307-7455-4F1C-8BEB-9A90DE7BF55B.jpeg

0D9FE178-E75A-4BAB-B727-7C3A8AABC2E7.jpeg

0C4D1C20-93BE-4825-8DA8-E899DC6C579B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom