How is everyone doing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sad day yesterday.

McMurtry was a legend. We discussed Lonesome Dove sometime ago and the "we don't rent pigs" saying or sign that you'll occasionally see. Still my favorite novel!

@PabloCruise have you read it yet?
Sad news indeed.

I have not! Instead of reading actual literature I have been trying to learn new tricks

Last Picture Show was a pretty significant film...

your Ham dinner is on the way...Happy Easter!

901442B0-E280-4C81-9CB1-41D65B16DBAA.jpeg

Years back we sold a couple goat kids to a family and when they picked them out the SHTF. They hog tied them and threw them in the back of a pickup, kids screaming, their Does screaming and my wife crying. Ever since then we sold to a sale barn, dropped them off and didn't hang around.

Years back we sold a couple goat kids to a family and when they picked them out the SHTF. They hog tied them and threw them in the back of a pickup, kids screaming, their Does screaming and my wife crying. Ever since then we sold to a sale barn, dropped them off and didn't hang around.
SHTF? One acronym you are down w/ that I don't have...

We are headed home in less than a week. Already dreaming of bacon every morning......and I mean the fried crispy, in the pan, bacon. Wife ordered a Honey Baked Ham to be delivered the day we get home. Definitely pork on the brains.

How long will you be home and what plans do you have for your pig?
We are coming home for a niece's wedding on May 1 in Oxford. No real plans for the pig other than repair the passenger door inside latch. Oh, and drive it to and from Publix, etc.

We were planning on 3 weeks but I don't think we will be able to get back into Saudi in early May unless we go somewhere else that's not on their restricted list for 2 weeks first. The restrictions are supposed to lift in mid May but could happen anytime. Just have to play this one by ear. Looking into places other than Bahrain that I might want to go for 2 weeks (or places). The trick is you can't fly through any of the restricted countries. It's a bit of a moving chess board with flights, restrictions, etc.

In other pleasant news, :princess: told me two days ago that we needed a new SUV to take to the wedding. She doesn't want to make another road trip in the 80 and two of our sons are riding with us so her car is out unless we take two vehicles; and of course the pig or one my sons' Tacomas are non starters. Did a quick search and found exactly what I wanted in Auburn of all places. Sometimes it's good to be lucky. Made the deal before she could change her mind. ;)

Wife and I just took our umpteenth Covid PCR test. Heading to the US tomorrow night. Arduous journey but really looking forward to being home for a few weeks.

Happy flights WDE
Thanks Rush. Minor correction for you - 3 flights this time. :cheers:

Four if you count the one from the northern border area to Riyadh this morning.

Last edited:
My wife was working on getting her book published before her stroke in 3/18. It’s a movement based reading program for kids as young as 3. She had used it with success at her preschool in Colorado, as well as here in Missouri with our grandchildren. It took me awhile to settle into our “new” life before I felt I could get it done for her. It turned out to be 720 pages in 2 volumes. Originally she planned on a workbook style with blank pages for kids journaling. Presently no blank pages, but a spiral notebook works as well. So proud of her and this accomplishment.

2B1519A4-FD12-494E-90EB-F9275FF0E5DB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom