How is everyone doing? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How could M&D not eligible 🤔
Good morning!

BC is doing age group vax, they started with front line workers and care home residents, right now it’s older than 85, I think next age group will catch them. Supposedly we will be closer to July, but I’m mostly interested in M&D getting sorted for now.

:pig:

Fortunate to get my Moderna shots due to the first responder classification. Wife is in the medical field, she was slightly ill (1/2 day) after the second shot. I was ready for it but did not experience any side affects.

No vaccine updates for me.

I was supposed to meet up w/ @Lifelong40Fan this weekend, but the snowstorm changed plans.

It is coming down pretty good here - snowin' and blowin'. It snowed all night and they are calling for 5 to 9" today. The boy is hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

Getting ready to head out and shake off the trees and start shoveling.

Happy DST!

Some snow pics...

Dog is ready!
IMG_9387.JPG

Neighbor's 60:
IMG_9399.JPG

Wow! I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t travel to Denver this weekend since my flight was one of the 1000s that were cancelled. Still a bummer not to be able to hang out!

Yep! We have 10-12" and 30+ MPH winds today.

I inflated some inner tubes and fired up the LX to take the neighborhood kids tubing in the snow. Fun times!

Hopefully this is an ok place to post this...

I currently have a long term store/borrow on a nice bench grinder...that I never use.

Decided what I want is a belt grinder, anyone got one they like?

Kinda like

1616122544913.jpeg

Or

1616122579943.jpeg

Cheers

anyone got one they like?
I bought a Reeder 2X72 belt grinder with a 3HP motor, my only regret is I didn't buy one sooner. One of the most used tools in the shop.

This is a link to the Reeder but any 2X72 will basically be the same so just buy the flavor you like best, https://reederproducts.com/

second, never used, but seems more versatile, still can do flat, but looks like the belt has more flex to do rounded pieces - I think the first is more of a woodworking tool. Are the belt speeds the same?
I bought another angle grinder today and they had a cabinet mount belt/disk machine displayed on the floor, it’s the bigger hp one with metal work in mind...nope, too big for my little space.

I’m leaning towards the Trick tools 4” kit, I can throw a wire wheel or stone on the other end, most versatile for footprint is a requirement.

Let's hear the story, what did you break?
Shake down run of my '76 FJ40. Got it buttoned up on Tuesday, loaded on trailer Wednesday. Didn't have time to build silly things like skid plates...

Last trail of the weekend heading back to camp, and was blocked in by broken rigs, so was told to take a side trail that would loop me around to the road back to camp. My 40 is stock-ish with 35s, so I was just doing medium trails. Side trail turned out to be an extreme waterfall/staircase that I had to go down. Went well for the first part, so thought I was ok, but then gravity took over... driveshaft went through th350 transmission pan, think I cracked t-case (but already had talked to @orangefj45 about building me an Orion), sliders bent up and creased side sheet metal, rear corners behind wheel wells were smashed, front differential cover got pushed in, exhaust smashed shift linkage, so I had to go under truck and manually shift to reverse, get in truck and back up, climb under to shift into drive, etc all while pissing transmission fluid and getting burned on exhaust. Once I got back onto the main trail I flew like a banshee back to camp praying I made it before the transmission lost all fluid. I'm sure going 60mph on trails where people were driving 15mph probably pissed off a few people, but guessing they understood the reason when I was given the award later that night. Overall not a huge deal, just need new transmission pan, shift cable, and retube front shaft with small diameter tubing. I need to tie sliders into frame, and fab up a cross member and skid plate. Also need to get the exhaust tucked up to protect it more. It was the ultimate shake down run. And I got a cool trophy out of it. Best of all is my 17 year old son had the time of his life, and now thinks the 40 is a beast. And I have determined that I need to mount my son's Go-Pro before the next time I go do something stupid/fun, because we had no time to take pics or videos.

:)

Edit: here is a pic of my 40 from earlier in the day, so you can see what I mean by stock-ish on 35s...
A82C4FEF-3ED1-4EA3-B10C-31F5CAAFED1A_1_105_c.jpeg

Only bad thing is that I now have rock rash on 3 of the wheels, and they are my FJ45 wheels & tires, so I have to figure out what I want to do. I have a set of the same wheels in black, so I'm thinking I'll get these 35s remounted on the black wheels to go on my 45, and leave these wheels on the 40. I was wanting to put 37s on my 40, but couldn't fit them without cutting the body. Now that the body is damaged I don't feel so bad about cutting it. 35s are definitely too small for this park.

Sad day yesterday.

McMurtry was a legend. We discussed Lonesome Dove sometime ago and the "we don't rent pigs" saying or sign that you'll occasionally see. Still my favorite novel!

@PabloCruise have you read it yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom