FYI - Kenda Klever R/T KR601.....NEW size on the way..... 33x9.50R15LT (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

anybody having issues balancing with OEM 15” steelies? I have serious vibration from 55-65 its horrible.

Big-O put lots of weights on mine…take em back for re-balnce? My cruiser sat for 15yrs so i have no reference for before this tire/wheel setup…

anybody having issues balancing with OEM 15” steelies? I have serious vibration from 55-65 its horrible.

Big-O put lots of weights on mine…take em back for re-balnce? My cruiser sat for 15yrs so i have no reference for before this tire/wheel setup…
Mine had the clip on weights pop off on the right rear, but the sticky weights stayed on. But mine were clipped on the inside of the wheel and not outside/face

Were/are they new steelies, or 50 year old used ones?

Were/are they new steelies, or 50 year old used ones?
they are brand new with oem new hub caps.

ive put about 300 miles or so on the truck since back on the road

LS put lots of weights on mine to get the balance on point. Hate the look, but they said it was necessary because they wheels were out of round... 45+ year old 40 wheels on a 38 year old 60. Guess that's just what it is until I buy new wheels.

My truck drives exactly the same as it did before. I think one of the four tires required a lot of weights. The other three all look pretty normal.
You probably have underlying death wobble issues.

Don't see it done much on car/truck wheels but in the motorcycle arena it is often done. Balance the wheel by itself to locate the heavy side. Mount a tire and find the heavy side. Air down and rotate the tire and rim so heavy sides are opposite then add weights to balance. Takes less weights to get things in balance.

not sure about “underlying death wobble” guess i will search that. My knuckles have been redone recently and this does not effect steering.

i have 3 wheels with 3 weights and 1 (DS, RR) with only 1 weight, maybe they flew off? none on outside
A302D166-4626-4438-B851-F2B8EC174B89.jpeg
A114E1B8-DED3-4F67-BB15-300837915B0F.jpeg

My Kenda's required fewer weights (less than 1 oz/wheel) than the 33x9.5 BFGs before them and the truck rides smoothly on OEM wheels (that are straight). No complaints here.

if the Kenda vehicle tires are anything like their bicycle tires--you can keep them--I put a new set on my grand-daughter's bike-dry-rotted in less than a year--no thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom