FJ60 (FLYBOX) -> 2F -> 13Bt -> 15BFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Off the top of my head the 15BFT factory setting is ~8PSI so that sounds about right

@Redbj40 should be able to give some tips on dialling some more fuel into it!

Just have to watch the little CT12B isn't working too hard, there might be anecdotal tuning info from 1KZT applications as to what max flow/pressure they can be pushed to, etc
I am happy with it. I rather keep it working less hard and living a longer life. Not planning to tow heavy loads. It’s just a daily driver and carry loads sometimes.

IMG_1903.jpeg

Time to go back to my troopy build. 😀

25mpg is pretty awesome, 3.73 gears?

So, as I needed another project.... The heater core dumped coolant on the passenger floor. How fun!!! Now have to take the dash off and deal with it. Real PITA. For now I just bypassed it, and got the OEM 'O' rings. I'll take it to a radiator shop for repair if needed assuming it's not the 40 years old 'O' rings. With the new rings I'll put FIPG 00295-00103. Probably find a bird nest like I did in my 80. My guess it will be less messy then the 80.

It's all done. Drove 1500 miles to Flagstaff and back towing a trailer with the mint troopy body. 22 mpg. Always in 5th gear cruising 60-65. Engine does not accelerate great but has tons of torque. EGT never exceeds 800. Boost max is 12psi with this tiny turbo. :)
IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

It's all done. Drove 1500 miles to Flagstaff and back towing a trailer with the mint troopy body. 22 mpg. Always in 5th gear cruising 60-65. Engine does not accelerate great but has tons of torque. EGT never exceeds 800. Boost max is 12psi with this tiny turbo. :)

Nice, 22mpg ~10.7L/100km is awesome mileage for a brick towing an even less aerodynamic brick!

At that speed/RPM, the little turbo is probably screaming along making full boost with the pump compensating? I wonder if installing a VSV on the boost reference line could further improve economy while cruising?

Nice, 22mpg ~10.7L/100km is awesome mileage for a brick towing an even less aerodynamic brick!

At that speed/RPM, the little turbo is probably screaming along making full boost with the pump compensating? I wonder if installing a VSV on the boost reference line could further improve economy while cruising?
On the flats even at 75mph turbo is working maybe 50%. 7-8 psi. Goes to 11-12 only on the climbs. I got 24-25 mpg going 55 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom