Late 60 Series PTO pillow block brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
I'm looking for a picture, if possible, of one of the PTO drive shaft pillow block brackets from a late 60 Series.

There seem to be multiple arrangements of drive shafts and brackets. I'm not sure when the change occurred, probably late 87 with the facelift, but I have seen an early (1984ish) HJ60 with a single drive shaft, but later models with three separate driveshafts.
20231105_210915.jpg

This is the front bracket, which mounts to the LH chassis rail not far behind where the drive shaft passes through a front chassis brace (open C section). I have just taken this off a 1989 BJ60. The other bracket is missing.

My question is: What does the other bracket look like? According to the EPC, it does not have separate bolts which makes me think it bolts to an existing joint, such as the clutch housing to engine bolts - but that may be wrong.

I would really appreciate a picture of this bracket, in case you have it.

Thanks

EO

Would the 55 series be similar I wonder? Got a 3 link setup I was told was for a 55 but it's 3 shafts. I just propped it
into a corner. I don't get home for 2 weeks but when I do I'll drag it out and take a pic for you.

Would the 55 series be similar I wonder? Got a 3 link setup I was told was for a 55 but it's 3 shafts. I just propped it
into a corner. I don't get home for 2 weeks but when I do I'll drag it out and take a pic for you.
Thanks - the brackets are going to be different, but always interesting to post what these unusual parts look like!

I'm looking for a picture, if possible, of one of the PTO drive shaft pillow block brackets from a late 60 Series.

There seem to be multiple arrangements of drive shafts and brackets. I'm not sure when the change occurred, probably late 87 with the facelift, but I have seen an early (1984ish) HJ60 with a single drive shaft, but later models with three separate driveshafts.
View attachment 3473489
This is the front bracket, which mounts to the LH chassis rail not far behind where the drive shaft passes through a front chassis brace (open C section). I have just taken this off a 1989 BJ60. The other bracket is missing.

My question is: What does the other bracket look like? According to the EPC, it does not have separate bolts which makes me think it bolts to an existing joint, such as the clutch housing to engine bolts - but that may be wrong.

Tha

View attachment 3473489

Thanks

EO
m

View attachment 3473489

Thanks

EO

View attachment 3473489

Thanks

EO
Hey man, lousy pic my apologies, I’m in hotel lot with a dying flashlight. This is a bracket about 20 inches from the last shaft into the transfer. It’s on the LH frame rail, and from there towards the front it’s in a narrow tray hooked to the rail.
88 sixty one JDM. If that’s it, I can get better shots w/ daylight tomorrow

6012CA3F-4D54-49E5-B874-D3E7518E64FE.jpeg

m

Hey man, lousy pic my apologies, I’m in hotel lot with a dying flashlight. This is a bracket about 20 inches from the last shaft into the transfer. It’s on the LH frame rail, and from there towards the front it’s in a narrow tray hooked to the rail.
88 sixty one JDM. If that’s it, I can get better shots w/ daylight tomorrow

View attachment 3474738
Thank you very much - what model is this on?

View attachment 3473489

Thanks

EO
More pics- better shot of bracket near transfer, the protection plate, the bracket past the plate at the next shaft. Hope this helps

C97F4E92-35D3-4E0C-8A87-42955B2A76A6.jpeg

82C6FFF2-F642-4B19-8060-59CAC09216C2.jpeg

E3C332E4-6BF8-49D4-95B0-3D2A5D961D1B.jpeg

Wow, thanks for the pictures, appreciate the effort made!

I never knew that the HJ61s had a protective plate there. Seems the BJ60 did not get this. Now I want one!

Wow, thanks for the pictures, appreciate the effort made!

I never knew that the HJ61s had a protective plate there. Seems the BJ60 did not get this. Now I want one!
No problem. You reminded me that i really need to tear all that out and clean it up and replace the U-joints. And you build is quite inspiring BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom