FJ55 year by year differences listed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what year is that?
Both pigs have that clamp style rear seat hold down. The metal hoop is the same. Chester didn't have one when I bought him - the old holes were bondo'd over. After a long time looking I found a replacement on sleebay from OZ. Drilled out the bondo, chased the holes and it's back to looking original. Original pig parts are getting more and more difficult to source.

Last edited:
Both pigs have that clamp style rear seat hold down. The metal hoop is the same. Chester didn't have one when I bought him - the old holes were bondo'd over. After a long time looking I found a replacement on sleebay from OZ. Drilled out the bondo, chased the holes and it's back to looking original. Original pig parts are getting more and more difficult to source.
So yours are both '78, I know my '74 has a latch mechanism for the rear seat.

So yours are both '78, I know my '74 has a latch mechanism for the rear seat.
there is an activation lever/handle on the PS side of the rear seat to release the hold down. Arnold has a Dec 77 build date while Chester has a May 78 build date. Both were originally Cali emissions (Arnold still is - thermo reactor and all while Chester is desmogged)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom