FJ45 Troopy. What does this knob do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You should be able to find parts for 79+ 40 series to fit (door handles, etc). Couple places to look would be 1) Cruiser Outfitters 2) City racer llc. other would be Cruiser Corps or CCOT.

I wasn't aware that the 45 was made in 1985 but I am not an expert on those coming from South America.
Thank you.

made till 10/85

Sorry, I should mention Matt has line on several very hard to find items along with some common things. I have purchased several items from him for my various rigs. Thanks for the info I will say I dont recall too many 40's series with production of 1985.

there should be a small spring on the latch assembly for the spare. does it have the rubber thingy along the sill?
carbed rigs a bit more tempermental to cold than fuel injected rigs, you may need to leave the choke out 1 notch until it warms up.
the freezing antifreeze happened to a guy in ID, ended up cracking the block. that's where my heads up came from.
squeals from the engine are generaly belts, either loose or glazed which will need replaced.

Regarding the ride quality of a long wheel base 40 thru 75 series.... load it up with 700-1000 lbs of firewood, camping gear, extra U joints, maybe a spare driveshaft for crawling, beefy tools, etc. Then it will ride beautifully

The wobbly tire may just need to get some highway heat-up after sitting chilled in winter . Of course do not attempt with chains in a blizzard! Enjoy the adventure

Illuminated knobs

I am full throttle after the new year !

Here is a taste of some BLISS

You should PM me now ..

Happy 2022 illuminated KNOBS new year !

Super easy and cheap

C17183DF-EA94-4DD3-AD6C-8D3FEC2581E1.png

I actually had to swap some antifreeze yesterday in my troopy after seeing its going to be negative 11 tonight. Out of all the cars the troopy didn't measure up. Regarding your new rig and build. My FIA has purchased several vehicles many high dollar from Barrett Jackson. I was under the impression they should be perfect without any flaws. Reality is most had significant issues, ironically my 79 ford f150 I purchased there only had a single minor flaw.

My point is you have a beautiful starting point but there are many sellers out there who will brush over flaws just to get something sold. Keep your eyes wide open and expect to fix some things and in a few months and few more dollars you will have a squawk free troopy.

I actually had to swap some antifreeze yesterday in my troopy after seeing its going to be negative 11 tonight. Out of all the cars the troopy didn't measure up. Regarding your new rig and build. My FIA has purchased several vehicles many high dollar from Barrett Jackson. I was under the impression they should be perfect without any flaws. Reality is most had significant issues, ironically my 79 ford f150 I purchased there only had a single minor flaw.

My point is you have a beautiful starting point but there are many sellers out there who will brush over flaws just to get something sold. Keep your eyes wide open and expect to fix some things and in a few months and few more dollars you will have a squawk free troopy.
I appreciate the insight and encouragement.

What does FIA stand for?

@Hendlerj using that knob you asked about in your first post will help with your runtime cold engine issues.

@greenbeast I still can’t get my head around Steamboat having a Walmart.

@Hendlerj using that knob you asked about in your first post will help with your runtime cold engine issues.

@greenbeast I still can’t get my head around Steamboat having a Walmart.
@middlecalf is correct and raises excellent point. Pulling that not only help ya start your troopy as it warms up you can eventually slowly push it back in once warmed up. The engine will tell you by running rough if its not quite ready.

Well it is one of the last smaller Wal Marts I bet. Some reason I never even go to it, unlike in Oklahoma where It seems I live when we go to the farm.

Question on buying parts. When I go to websites looking for parts (a right exterior door handle, for instance), they all seem to think the FJ45 went out of production in 1984. Mine is a 1985 from Venezuela. Is there a model designation somewhere that will tell me which parts I should be buying? Is a 1985 from Venezuela the same as a 1984 on the websites, or is a 1985 from Venezuela using parts that were 1955 according to the websites (because they are probably talking about US spec)? How does one know which door handle to buy for a 1985 from Venezuela?
ToyoDIY shows one model being made through 09/85. No idea where it was made other than it was a van body, General Countries spec, LHD.

ENGINE:2F:4200CC
GEAR SHIFT TYPE:4F:MTM, 4-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
ROLL BAR:WORB:WITHOUT ROLL BAR

Search Results
�����
VIN*Model codeFromToFrame Characteristics
..FJ45L-K08/1980 -09/1984FJ45GENTPLHD2F4FCBUWORBTPS
..FJ45L-KC08/1980 -09/1984FJ45GENTPLHD2F4FCBUWORBTPC
..FJ45LP-K08/1980 -09/1984FJ45GENPICLHD2F4FCBUWORB
JT1P0FJ45..FJ45LP-KW08/1980 -09/1984FJ45EURPICLHD2F4FCBUWORB
..FJ45LV-KC08/1980 -09/1985FJ45GENVANLHD2F4FVKCCBUWORB
JT1V0FJ45..FJ45LV-KCW08/1980 -09/1984FJ45EURVANLHD2F4FVKCCBUWORB

Day Three. The adventure continues.

Troopy was parked outside. It rained.

Entire back of the interior is wet.

Then, I went to fill it with gas. A strong gas smell became apparent. Gas was pouring out of the tank!

Seller says customs inspected the tank for drugs when imported. Maybe they didn't put it back together correctly. 🤦🤦🤦

Squawk list grows. (Although one squawk disappeared. I let it warm up a while today and second gear was fine.)

20220101_154922.jpg

On the positive side, in about eight minutes of driving around town, we had about seven people hoot and Hollar about how cool the car is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom