Builds First Toyota... 1983 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really appreciate everyones help so far with this.

Can someone point me in the right direction for the best place to source wheel bearings and oem locking hubs?

thanks all
Georg at Valley Hybrids or Cruiser Outfitters are two good places

More parts ordered… getting the rotors turned, waiting on Toyota tune up kit to arrive. Cut off rusty bumper yesterday. Not much left to salvage. I keep hearing about the FSM. Does some have a link to one?

Thanks
Chandler

A21AACD9-6E6B-45D4-8936-F23458B46FA7.jpeg

@chandlerhayes01 Resources - https://forum.ih8mud.com/resources/

There are three main FSMs:
1. 2F Engine
2. Emissions
3. Body & Chassis

They're all located in the resources section. Keep in mind that there were a couple different revisions of some of those. I like the 1980 2F Engine manual and the earlier Body & Chassis manual but others might like something different.

There are alot of good led sources. I used SuperBrightLEDs.com . I was looking at your list and wondering if you considered rebuilding the knuckles up front while you are doing all this other stuff. The front wheel bearing kit is good if thats all you want to do, but the knuckle rebuild kit rebuilds everything from the inner axle seal out. I'm just saying.......Most of us get our new cruiser messy knuckle job, intro to ownership, right up front. Worst part is cleaning all the parts.

There are alot of good led sources. I used SuperBrightLEDs.com . I was looking at your list and wondering if you considered rebuilding the knuckles up front while you are doing all this other stuff. The front wheel bearing kit is good if thats all you want to do, but the knuckle rebuild kit rebuilds everything from the inner axle seal out. I'm just saying.......Most of us get our new cruiser messy knuckle job, intro to ownership, right up front. Worst part is cleaning all the parts.
I am working on rebuilding the knuckles now. Just cleaned up everything today. Waiting on the wheels bearings to arrive. Rebuilding the knuckles is like the Toyota baptism for land cruisers from what I gather. Lol

EC1D1CAA-5887-495D-BC24-C0FEDE453C5E.jpeg

7A31FF4C-8C32-4958-988D-CB55F014F094.jpeg

Looks like a fun project! Lots of us here get our trucks mechanically sound and worry about rust later (or never). Once you start cutting rust you'll find more and she'll be down for months. 60's look good with patina and warts.
I dig a little rust and patina. I am thinking about cutting the bottom rockers out and putting in rockers guards.

@chandlerhayes01 Great work getting after those knuckles. It's a pretty satisfying, zen-like piece of work.

@chandlerhayes01 Great work getting after those knuckles. It's a pretty satisfying, zen-like piece of work.
It’s very satisfying. A lot of cleaning. I ended up buying a whole case of brake clean. And I’m happy I work at a paper mill so I could get all the paper towels I need. 😂 waiting on parts right now. I’m thinking about making a YouTube channel to document the build 🤔

Few things done today….

1. Oil pan has been removed. It’s trashed
2. Instrument cluster removed for new lights
3. Oil cooler removed with old hoses
4. Drained coolant

Need to find another oil pan and order some hoses. Still waiting wheel bearings to . Also, waiting on rheostat for dash lights. I still can’t figure out why the fuse panel is missing the link for the dash lights. Hopefully I will start putting together knuckles this week. Got to go get some dry ice to help with that.

😎🤙🏼

272F1E69-D1BF-4AC2-A738-A73B81B61DF3.jpeg

06FBAD78-9E8A-44C7-84B3-254DA61CFE33.jpeg

1C832755-D7F0-4EF1-B3CA-45E18A1682CF.jpeg

BA659296-BD95-4C55-B3A2-12CC95A41725.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom