'86 FJ60 moving to Munich but, first... . (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you putting it in a container or going RORO? I don't think they'll cover it with RORO but I could be mistaken. Good luck with the import and registration. Having also lived in Germany I don't envy you at all with that process.
Will be in a container. Luckily my guy in Wuppertal is going to handle the heavy lifting on the importing process, and I have to say, I'm happy just throw him my money at him for handling that.
You’re in good hands with Daniel behind the wrench on this rig. Live just down the road and been to his shop many times. What a story and definitely understand the sentimental value. I checked out your truck when I was there last month. Look forward to following your progress.
That's great to hear and it all felt kind of fated. I got an immediate and good feeling from him and we sealed the deal with a hand shake. I've been hanging out in and around Wimberly since the early 70s and my father and mother both had property/house out that way. (If you 've lived near Danny for long, you might have heard of my father, and perhaps, unfortunately, my little brother, lol.)
It's CRAZY that you happened upon Danny's shop in Wimberly while looking for your 60 on your brother's land. It's not like he's on the side of a major highway, or even a farm-to-market road. He's one of 4 or so guys in central Texas to go to for this type of project, and the fact that your truck was already there is just nuts.

I appreciate and admire your passion about importing this truck, but you'd be way ahead to just find a 70 series to drive while you're over there. A <25 year old 70 series pickup would be fun and could keep up with traffic. When you come back to the states, import it here (assuming it's >=25 years old at the time) and make a profit. They're going to be crazy popular over here in the next few years.
Yeah, as I mentioned above, the whole thing felt fated. I thought about going the 70 route over here and my good friend actually has one. But, to be honest, I don't really like the looks of them. Of, course, I'm a bit biased since I think the FJ60s are some of the most handsome vehicles ever made. If that makes sense. And even though they're just fast tractors, I love driving them. :) Plus, I don't ever see us moving back to the States.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom