Cruise Moab 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what are the trails CSC members have already signed up for?

roger roger KF7GBB

Very sorry to waste bandwidth but....when I meet you guys I will be after 3 days of driving stright. So I need clear consice two pieces of information:

1. Saturday evening/night - Where do I meet you guys. If I come later, I will just pull next to your trucks and will sleep in the back of my truck. Wake me up in the morning.

2. If something happened on the Road and I meet you Sunday at trail head. Where exactly should I meet or wait for you.

If there is a repeater that coveres you both Moab and the town south, I can try to contact you on the repeater. Last year I did Elephant Hill, and if I remember correctly as soon as I drove south of Moab, I lost cell coverage. So I don't want to rely on cell reception.

Many thanks for adopting me.....

On Saturday night we will be staying at the Four Corners Inn, 131 E. Center, Hwy. 191,Blanding, UT 84511. There is a "back area" in the parking lot and they are pretty accomadating, so my not have a problem with you sleeping there? Will likely meetup for the trail at the Visitor Center across the street in the morining? It also has a pretty big parking area, not sure if they allow overnights, but have 24hr bathrooms, etc.

Four Corners Hotel in Blanding, Utah – FourCornersInn.com

There are a couple of camp spots in the trail head area: If you turn south on Comb Wash Rd, there is a well established one (valt toilets, etc) a bit south and to the west, just off of the road at about 37,30.212N 109,39.462W where the yellow tent is on the map. The other one is north on Comb Wash Rd, close to the opening, trail head, for Arch Canyon, at about 37, 32.705N 109,39.982W close to where the red tent is. These are from memory, putting dots on the map, so "close to there".

We will air down at the turn off of 95 onto Comb Wash Rd, so meeting there or further along the road is possable. One note, a short section of that road, crosses private property, it is posted, so respect their wishes, don't stop, camp, etc, in that section.
hotel_sm.jpg
camp_sm.jpg

... Where exactly should I meet or wait for you. ...

Wait is likely the key word!:hillbilly: On Saturday there will be people coming from all over including Canada and meeting at the Four Corners Inn. We will likely tour Snake House, Valley of the Gods, or something on the way, so timing is; sometime in the late afternoon/early evening. As for trail departure in the morning, this is set in stone, will be leaving exactly a few minutes after everyone is ready!:hillbilly: It is vacation, that said we will need to get going relatively early, to be back before they roll up the town for dinner!

Drew also does the ham thing and maybe camping?

Last edited:
... interested in the talk of White Rim on Sat?

Called the park service on it, they said it's a go if we want. A permit is required, free and available at any of the visitor centers, with no limit on group size, etc. The permit is temporary, only till the end of May and just to give them an idea of traffic during the construction.

... Friday is undecided. Supposed to rain. John

At this point I'm leaving it open. There are plenty of good rain trails, no issue.

Meet at the gas station on Carefree HWY for a 9am departure?
9 is :clap:good, but earlier is OK:bounce::bounce2: if it gives us more time for sight seeing/tourism :princess:when we get up north. Whatever works best. Rumor has it that 80's get better gas mileage:bang: if ya don't hafta run 90 in the left lane all day:hmm:

Gas update
Cheapest gas in route in flagstaff is Safeway but a PIA, very busy. Tuba city same price $3.69/gal for reg. 198 miles from starting point so even if you get the worst MPG you can make it to Tuba City.

Blanding $3.95
Monticello $3.92
Moab $3.77

Prices are for reg add .30/gal for prem

We're departing Sorry Vista in the morning and will wander a bit on our way up there. Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday.

Departure T minus 12 hours and I have to pull out :bang:
Huge bummer. Oh well... how long till next year? :crybaby:

9 is :clap:good, but earlier is OK:bounce::bounce2: if it gives us more time for sight seeing/tourism :princess:when we get up north. Whatever works best. Rumor has it that 80's get better gas mileage:bang: if ya don't hafta run 90 in the left lane all day:hmm:

I was thinking a 9am'ish pullout, so if you need to gas, shop, etc, get there earlier and be ready to leave about 9. If everyone is ready earlier can leave earlier or do we prefer an earlier meet time?

I was thinking a 9am'ish pullout, so if you need to gas, shop, etc, get there earlier and be ready to leave about 9. If everyone is ready earlier can leave earlier or do we prefer an earlier meet time?

I suggest we shoot for 8:30 and leave at 9AM no matter what, if you are running late you catch up. We are ~350mile from our 1st dirt or 4pm with stops/lunch as it is.

I will arrive in Moab Tuesday night

everything in between is still up in the air - my plan right now is to go left of the river ;p

Bummin deal, didn't get much wheelin in last year, now miss out this year.:frown:

No joy in Normville today :frown:

I'll have to live vicariously through you guys' pics, so take lots. See you next year (I hope!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom