Cruise Moab 2024 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stepmurr

Lookin' fer the end of that old white line
SILVER Star
Threads
Registration is going on right now!
Cruise Moab 2024 is now sold out.
We sold out in 1 hour, 6 minutes this year.

You're in! Your registration for Cruise Moab 2024 is complete.​

Thanks for registering for Cruise Moab. It's going to be awesome with you there! Here are some things you should know:

Last edited:
I’ll be there as a vendor and participant

Ok, if you know me, you know I’m not a cheapskate, but I have alway had a hard time paying good money to go run trails like cattle through a chute. Is Cruise Moab really worth the price of entry?

Damn, just sold out. joined WL. Please let me know if you can't make it. Thanks!

Ok, if you know me, you know I’m not a cheapskate, but I have alway had a hard time paying good money to go run trails like cattle through a chute. Is Cruise Moab really worth the price of entry?
I don't see it as paying to run trails. I pay for supporting Rising Sun and their good works, attending an interesting event (what are Stupid Bowl tickets going for this year???) with lots of Land Cruisers, and reconnecting with my brother and grand nephews. This year's bonus is I will see my niece for the first time in 15 years and her 16 year old son for the first time ever.

For me, yes it is worth the price of entry.

That is my position as well. Not just CM but any large, organized event. I would rather go with smaller groups. I get the point about supporting the organizers though.

I went to CM a few times in the early-mid 2000's. Was fun for a bit but waiting in line to wheel suuuuuucked.

After that, it was all small group runs to that area. And now, Moab area is so overrun that I skip all of it altogether.

I'm in as well. Logged in with 1 second before the window opened and when I refreshed I was number 222 o_O. Clearly it's popularity speaks to the quality of the event. The Rising Sun and Wasatch club members are awesome, selfless people that pour countless hours of their own time into planning and carrying out CM.

If you are anti-social then don't sign up for CM. It's way more than about the money or a larger group on the trails. (BTW most runs are limited to 15 vehicles and some up to 20 but those are the easier trails.) It's about coming together and sharing this hobby with people from all of the world, not just the US/CAN. I've made great friends from all over including Europe. The diversity of rigs, mods, wheeling philosophies, talking 1:1 with top venders, post trail beverages, solving world hunger back at camp ... so much more than just some trail rides.

I can remember in 2010 we had 11 or 12 Copperstate Cruiser members on some trails that were limited to 15 trucks. We'd often take over half the runs. In the early to mid 2000s CSC used to be kind of the 3rd club and we'd help with trail fixes, trail support, spotting, etc.. Now it seems were down to a hand full of members that regularly attend, which is all good. At the end of the day you get it ... or you don't. It's 'Merica free to believe and chose as you wish.

I'm in as well.
Glad you made it!

I hope you have an epic post for your next one - 1000 post milestone!

1707770870179.png

Glad you made it!

I hope you have an epic post for your next one - 1000 post milestone!

View attachment 3556899

Kinda seems like his next post should be a thread. Maybe a 'Post your best CSC Member Cruise Moab photos from years past' thread that could grow and grow over time. Post 1000 and thread 100 all at once and a long lived thread into the future.

My first was with this guy camping at slickrock cg

good times

March 9 rip brother

rc4wd-rtr-marlin-crawlers-trail-finder-2-2-jpeg.3268516

"I can remember in 2010 we had 11 or 12 Copperstate Cruiser members on some trails that were limited to 15 trucks. We'd often take over half the runs. In the early to mid 2000s CSC used to be kind of the 3rd club and we'd help with trail fixes, trail support, spotting, etc.. "

I was there, it was pretty cool to convoy up there and back, and arriving in Moab after Lockhart Basin dirty as hell. And we made it a point to choose the same trail runs. We owned the Golden Spike and Fins trail!!

Might be there as part of Grand County SAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom