Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric remembered about the horn just a moment to late. It was part of the inspection! Anyway, it does get the attention of the idiots out on the roads.

I also want to add my appreciation for the way the event was administered. Johnny, David, John and all the others who I can't name did an outstanding job keeping the event on track and running smoothly. To have the camp host say what they did about the club is high praise indeed. Acting like adults isn't that hard and I am impressed with the manner the club members operate and act. No one is a stranger and everyone knows everyone else even if they haven't met before. I loved the trail rides. The next time I do this I will have goggles and a mask, my eyes are still moving out the dust and my nose is still clogged with Uwharrie dust. My 40 performed better than I expected and seeing the diverse LC's in all manner of build is quite a sight to see. All are different while still retaining the same quality.

Thank you for a stellar event! I look forward to other club events!

Great job on the video Jay! I can't believe you caught the moment of Deo introducing his running board to the rock during the trail ride. I like to turn up the video at that point (1:41) because it makes me cringe every time I hear it hit. It sounds just like he described it. I only wish we had a dash cam pointed at his face to go along with the footage you posted. That would have been priceless!

Forgot something - This is the place my Grandson said the Relic Run sticker should go, drivers side of the hood under the ONSC sticker. Good place!

DSCN0379.JPG

While I'm still reflecting on the events of this past weekend for a longer post to come, I did not want to delay posting the image below of a Facebook post that was shared with our club. Land Cruisers attract a diverse crowd, but we seem to all share certain characteristics that make us feel like family at a family gathering. The camp host clearly saw evidence of this during his visits and I'm grateful he shared these thoughts.

View attachment 1477028

View attachment 1477069
Kings Mountain Point Day Use Area-Badin Lake Recreation Area

We had an Awesome time, and meet a lot of great people this weekend, and caught up with some old friends as well. I would call this another ONSC Success !!

Thanks to everyone who attended and participated in the "Carolina Relic Run". I would like to echo a special thank to all our supporting vendors who not only enhance our club, but enable us to pursue our passion buy allowing us to tap into their knowledge and craftsmanship. Without them many of the upgrades and customization's we do to our cruisers would not be possible.

Thanks again Eric.

When I saw the host taking pictures, I was afraid that it was going to be bad press for some reason!! I'm having a hard time believing they think this highly about us, but over the moon at the same time.

Maybe we can use this as a way to gain access to the center section for our events only :hmm:

somehow i don't think a picture of cruisers parked in a no parking area posted on the web is going to help prevent the initial problem but, i like they way you think.

Awesome event. Me and the kids had a great time. ONSC is on top of their game.

Most memorable moment was walking into Jim Cirbos camp Saturday night and coming away 15 min later thinking it was an awkward conversation with them. Only to be told by another group that they loved my wolf ears. Was one of those ah hah moments when I realized I tried to have a serious conversation with furry ears on my head. Kids loved it though. I talked with the camp host saturday for a good 20 min. Gave him an eye opener as to why Uwharrie has become so popular due to all the other trails we used to go on being shut down. He was great though. Loved our event and felt welcome. You keep the camp host happy everything else will go well. Piss him off and he will make the call and it goes downhill when the man shows up. Show respect and leave no trace.

I took a grand total of ONE picture this weekend, and it was before ever even arriving at the event. Eldorado Outpost where we were grabbing last call supplies on Friday. The RHD, non-turbo diesel, blue Hi Lux was from the UOFTC across the street.

IMG_8645.jpg

I think @FJinTegaCay did a great job managing the event this year, especially given the massive increase in size over CRR2016. The powers that be had a great meeting, after everybody left on Sunday, to discuss improvements for next year and ways to engage all attendees even beyond what was offered this year. You're gonna like what we're thinking... Please reach out to any of us if you have concerns or desires that you might not want to publicly address here. We are @FJinTegaCay @GLTHFJ60 @fourtrax @blue98stang @JohnVee @forrest5000 @Fort Knox.

Thank you to the volunteers, especially @little_joe @erymer @gaap master and Marie Shandor for spending so much time suffering through the heat of the sun in the field and the heat of the grills at dinner. That's not to slight any of the other volunteers, but I feel that they need special recognition for the physical hardships they endured for us.

We had a record number of supporting sponsors (for any ONSC event) in attendance this year. It was so cool to announce them at the raffle and actually lay eyes on them and their crews. Thanks go out to each one of them for the support they are showing this club. Please consider that when you are looking to make a purchase or get some work done. Each one of them offers high end, professional goods and services that rival anybody out there. A complete list of them can be found in post #1 of this thread.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who left the camp site a little cleaner than it was when you arrived.

Looking forward to doing this again next year. See you then.

Thanks John. I really enjoyed doing it. I had not gotten a chance to hang out with Joe in ages so it was a great chance to catch up. @TB03 was hustling his tail off grabbing burgers and dogs as quickly as they were coming off the grill and getting them to the table. Karma rewarded him during the raffle it seems as everything he won, he truly needed for his 40 which I thought was awesome. Stacy and Court looked swamped running the food lines but I think everyone involved in the serving aspect of things did a great job. They even made a couple plates for Joe and I once the last batch of food came off the grills. Fantastic planning @FJinTegaCay. I had a blast and @JohnVee I thought did a great job with emcee duties. Overall my hats off to everyone involved between all the prep, the manning of the registration table, etc. Bang up job everyone. I loved seeing vendors in attendance. Makes it so nice to be able to walk up and bounce a question off of them.

As always I came off impressed with the caliber of people that come out to these. Kids seemed to play extremely well together and the 4 legged ones did too. And best of all no one made us 80 series guys feel out of place. lol. I find it amazing how when we meet someone new to these events how easily they blend in with the flow of things and how their personalities go along with everyone there. Met some wonderful new faces and was fun seeing a couple of them get their true first taste of wheeling. As much as I like the rides, I think I enjoy seeing the new guys excitement levels when they see what their trucks can do out there.

Thanks again for a fantastic event. :clap:

The level of sponsorship was simply unbelievable, and I look forward to spending some coin with them as my project moves along.

I would like to suggest that for next year (and all events), we toast all of the sponsors: bring them up in front of the crowd so everyone can show their gratitude. I'd also suggest they + their guests/families get fed first, cos they likely missed out on the filet, caviar, and fresh local greens @erymer and I prepared.

+1 on the vendors. I made a purchase from one while I was there Sat and plan to spend $'s with others in the coming months. Good idea about having them come up front to be introduced, I believe it is fitting to have them recognized for sponsoring the event and maybe allow a representative from each sponsor actually give their raffle prize away. Again, thank you to the workers and organizers, you did a terrific job and made me feel as welcome as anywhere I have been in a long time!

+1 on the vendors. I made a purchase from one while I was there Sat and plan to spend $'s with others in the coming months. Good idea about having them come up front to be introduced, I believe it is fitting to have them recognized for sponsoring the event and maybe allow a representative from each sponsor actually give their raffle prize away. Again, thank you to the workers and organizers, you did a terrific job and made me feel as welcome as anywhere I have been in a long time!

One thing I would add to anyone looking to purchase from one of our sponsors is let them know how you heard about them. They need to know their sponsorship dollars are well spent.

As a complete outsider to ONSC, I was made to feel right at home for my first time wheeling Uwharrie. I got to run off two vendors (trollhole and LC Heaven) from parking in Jay and Gunner's camp site and feed John Vee crappy food (thanks again John, you will eat anything! I promise to make it up to you sometime in the future). Eric, Stacy, Brian, Greg, Juan, and countless others made driving seem easy. Brian and Greg really saved my cats! Met @bronxzoo26 , who is local to me. I have never seen so many incredible rigs from so many different series in one place. Thank you vendors and volunteers for putting on an event that made an old fart like me giggle like a school girl while I was wheeling through the woods. Great memories were made this past weekend. And nothing broke........

The level of sponsorship was simply unbelievable, and I look forward to spending some coin with them as my project moves along.

I would like to suggest that for next year (and all events), we toast all of the sponsors: bring them up in front of the crowd so everyone can show their gratitude. I'd also suggest they + their guests/families get fed first, cos they likely missed out on the filet, caviar, and fresh local greens @erymer and I prepared.

Just so you know I asked no to be made a big deal at the raffle as I'm pretty sure everyone knows who I am by now. Wolf ears or not.

Such an incredible event!!! I've got to say, I did not expect that this event would more than DOUBLE in size in it's second year. Final numbers aren't in, but we did have 57 registered drivers this year!! Holy cow. We are definitely in the black for this event from a financial standpoint thanks mostly to our incredible sponsors inspiring everyone to buy tons of raffle tickets!! Just an incredible showing of support.

As with events of years past, we will be donating excess proceeds of the raffle to charity. Once the BOD has had a chance to review the final numbers and decide on the charity, we will post up announcing how much we're donating, and where we're donating that money.

As everyone should know, Carolina Relic Run is the brainchild of our own David Miller @FJinTegaCay . This year he single-handedly ran this event, delegating certain tasks to many volunteers in the club. While we will be making improvements in some areas for next year to better position CRR as our "keystone" annual event, none of this would have happened were it not for David, so let's make sure to recognize him appropriately. Thank you David!!!

bravo.jpg

As with all events, the BOD does a ton of work behind the scenes as well. I'd like to thank the following people specifically. Although this is not an exhaustive list, this is a good start:

• Stacy Rymer @blue98stang - Stacy helped organize sponsors, nail down details around food and other needed supplies, then helped coordinate the food line for Saturday night (among other things)
  • Allen Dickenson @Fort Knox - Allen, aside from his normal financial duties (paying vendors, reimbursing expenditures, keeping track of finances) brought the first aid kits and fire extinguishers, then also helped conduct inspections
  • Eric Johnston @fourtrax - Eric also helped run inspections, spent a bunch of time talking with the campsite host and is the new caretaker of the club generator, extension cords, and lights!!
  • Eric Forrest @forrest5000 - Eric helped run inspections, and helped run registration
  • John Vargosko @JohnVee - John was the CRR 2017 Master of Ceremonies, running the Raffle!
  • Jonathan Jones @lumbee1 - Jonathan loves graphic design and graciously offered to design the t-shirt and banner for CRR 2017, much the same as prior events. Jonathan also worked with our t-shirt and banner printer, Raleigh Screen Printing, to have the shirts made up just in time for the event. They look awesome Jon and I love wearing mine!!
  • Alex Cortani @Green Hell Mustang - Alex worked his butt off for this event. For those who don't know, Alex is a professional graphic designer, so naturally he's excellent at it. Alex designed the sticker that's on everyone's truck now (in 4 different colors mind you) but also designed and published all of our social media posts via Instagram and Facebook. I believe this is a huge part of the reason why we got such excellent participation! Instead of accepting money, Alex elected to become a sponsor of the event. I can't thank you enough!
  • Joe, Eric, Marie, Jay, and Rob - @little_joe, @erymer @gaap master @mtnbike28 - Huge thank you guys for running the grills. That's a hot and sweaty job but I heard the end result was delicious :D Running the registration line can be tedious, but it's essential, so thank you for that as well!! Jay, to you specifically, thanks for taking pictures of our raffle winners!

To wrap up this post, we will be sending a survey to attendees of CRR via email. Please keep an eye out for it and give us another minute or two of your time so that we can improve on the event moving forward. Many exciting changes to come!!! Thank you to all of our sponsors, especially those who were able to attend the event and thank you to all of the participants. I cannot wait for next year!!

k0nPSHuDW6UBs-yzpzrO57H7AkP6oAUV-KgxRdYReFps7dz5eEIhh64xaDGiRoeDanUcDyrvtOP-fW3dXOxZSVkDzLbPttpRXMS--4zgvHCeTubzkNjHRF3cm7pVz4z_DCCTarweWpdUl6FCFTQXNalBF7XTc0aEP5dNxnx6QGJI50TUC5ktrATDUxWXA7LO_GuOene-kBiB2i_9ZOvvH0me6sfYkowK29PiNEmzYq-LjLl7AjlsVnvH1eFsO1DL2i-MJZud1wZeezFye_gQXcVFTg4uIPahICXDMc-LjF9zqW_Kn5JYdVHQUAH1-dOFDz7KYUBtSr7nZPR2zVeeZDd2U36XMIRay5FCt9NJdcc3fIvaLBArJUBO4-V8VBbmSLI8-TIYx_NMCxd5InqZr2j8AnJ1icRxEuAfPzWXWQJqoHo2iQ5TCw_UK6y5gk2Fr64OQnMDZ9NevIp3GCBz5crDVUaam267ovc7MOjawH8jkNnkglsMxPTpgZjg42cRElZSt7AF-NpLDzqsmgnNY_foB8u_LKoop3HjtYumUZMaBF8jZiWteaLN9AYagYfKKx11zRjrqF5u8bosDU7FuwAY_73WevEuo7M67UiXgd6qqBDIAVm5nQ=w2600-h1930-no

@HENDOG

uiKEBJh-MFzduqZ0hx3E-KbbT9raPlu_5cAahpTswB0XEmjXzMO5ZCzb4L_81csH_Uxk2pVYu2UMEQ2TvgFnNKpiApbeQgHjFehaBw8BXzNAgtldaig5Zkc0Jr_UM3QG5BpenorllwYaJ7A3OIq2CmJAI-Nk38iSmq8xTorMgdNje74XqmOaO-YxkpvyCDSSCudMaVYMIJs_B5F38G9UKWzK5V0QmvIxMNOWI-LuC3WdLR-NhnvLOCcHPmfGmttahoQ4105Nd5SKlQykjR-FBgbzqub9d5l9jMoCX-CHKxilVRhlUHKm1VfEJ4-F64T1tCvukPeKuO3JzL3wP4ldLD2xANZ19RtHBu512OmBGrcu4tJBlPOXK9cMOGVu33mLigWuj5RQeo9sZnYeYyVFy_W0gr8E8wkNnqRkg-lHw8If2xKK9lEdUa6XnSNlqOARZsBLjkw91YRINIo5PKM84qSaCumKGbOoiRIK10mWvmdexsJ2O_y9w3Q-PuOjH-MC0kQ3ct-2KN_smHBsPXI-2wY-PIoUuZ7v4CcYaJzakvrkG674-bw-wthGeXAoARzSU8a9BKHgJ1zetIBv6hYsBVcbY1UPsyQoqHGB1zBKOaY33nARgbA69A=w2600-h1930-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom