Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Relics can wheel hard too!! Check this out:

Thanks again ONSC for another great time. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones is always fun. I also made yet another list of things i didn't know i needed! Ha!

I can not believe what Dicky Bell looks like - guess my Taco will never see that trail again : 0

Whew! What a great weekend! My biggest regret is I was often too busy to spend time looking at everyone's relics and have meaningful conversations. My family and I had a great time and are already looking forward to an even better event next year.

If my records are correct, we had 57 registered drivers, 30 passengers and 32 children in attendance. We drew people from several states in the region including NC, SC, VA, GA, and FL. Of the relics, we had 23 FJ40s, 3 FJ/BJ45s, 3 FJ55s, 5 FJ60s, 1HJ61, 1FJ62, 1 HJ75 Troop Carrier and 1 BJ74. I'm happy to report that no one had any major issues on the trails and I believe everyone made it home safely.

As has been expressed already, we had a wonderful group of volunteers without which this event could/would not have happened. I am grateful for your contributions of games, time, expertise and firewood and for your friendship. Several people paid me compliments regarding the volunteers and how each seemed perfectly suited for their roles.

As was mentioned, Alex and Jonathan both did outstanding jobs had showed great patience with me throughout the last several months. They are tremendously talented and real assets to our club.

Below is a list of the contest winners and a picture of those that were present after dinner.

1. Best Dressed - Erik (@ErikinSC) (Somebody get that guy a Mr. Microphone)
2. Oldest Land Cruiser - 1967 FJ45 lpb owned by Jim (@Cirbo)
3. Longest Continous Ownership - A one-owner 1972 FJ40 purchased by Dean (@Kayaker) This truck deserves its own thread and a feature story in Toyota Trails.
4. Best Overall Condition - 1977 FJ45 - Dale (@durabuiltdale) I'm hoping those that were there will post pictures evidencing how great this truck was, with A/C, power steering and impeccable paint.
5. Iron Butt Award - Dean (@Kayaker who drove more than 550 miles of back roads from Florida to attend and take his truck out of state for the first time.
6. Best Patina - 1979 FJ55 - Steve (@aquatech3) - From what I heard, it was all original.
7. Most Original - Deo (@mel lowe) - 1981 FJ40
8. Most Unoriginal/Modified - Keith (@NTAPHSE) - 1987 FJ40. I'm out of my element. Please, someone post pics and a description of this beast.
9. Best Overall Vintage Camping Equipment - Alex (@fj40alex) had a great collection. Still not sure how he kept it all from blowing out on his drive there and back home.
10. Fan Favorite - Dean (@Kayaker)

IMG_7261.JPG

For those that can't afford one of these relics, below is one to fit you budget. Thanks to Henry for inviting them to swing by.

IMG_7258.JPG
IMG_7259.JPG

If there is enough interest in hats like those won by the award winners, I'll see about placing a second order. Please PM me rather than posting in the thread.

Thanks to the BOD for making this an official club event in 2017 and for your support and advice along the way.

George and I had a fabulous time on such a short trip. All worth the drive and second everything everyone else has said. It's remarkable the level and friendship the group has. I always tell people the best thing about ONSC is that you can go years without catching up with someone at an event and when you see them you just pick up where you left off like it was yesterday. Same goes for the new members, everyone seems to fit right in and the club welcomes with open arms.

For me it's amazing where we started and how far we've come. Never did I imagine it would turn into such a large precisely organized yet free flowing organization, and that's due to every members effort and an amazing BOD that ensures everyone enjoys themselves. This was solidified by the campsite host comments.

Special thanks to David for an awesome event. No detail was missed and as with most it will only get better next year. Really enjoyed helping out those new drivers on the trails and seeing everyone. All those that volunteered to make this event what it was...Thank You.

Lastly-following Jeremy and Erik allowed me to see MPG numbers I've never seen on the 200.

We look forward to the next one.

IMG_4445.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

Well I cannot sit back and allow all the Relics to have the lineup shots.....Outcasts gotta stick together. :flipoff2:

Funny. I dont see the 200 in there?!? The one with the new lift and experienced pilot ya know.

Even as an outsider, your club appears to the group that all others should be measured against. :cheers:
Odd Iron Off Road / Thomasville, GA.

What an awesome event! When we moved here a couple months ago I was worried I wouldn't find anyone to wheel with and wouldn't be able to use my Land Cruiser. Little did I know...

It was great meeting you guys, and thank you to those who worked so hard to make it a great run. The wife and kids felt right at home and are already asking when we can go wheeling and camping next. This was the perfect shakedown run for my FJ60 too. Hope to do it again soon!

Keith

What an awesome event! When we moved here a couple months ago I was worried I wouldn't find anyone to wheel with and wouldn't be able to use my Land Cruiser. Little did I know...

It was great meeting you guys, and thank you to those who worked so hard to make it a great run. The wife and kids felt right at home and are already asking when we can go wheeling and camping next. This was the perfect shakedown run for my FJ60 too. Hope to do it again soon!

Keith
It was great to meet you Keith. If you want to do a bit more exploring, we have a trail workday this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom