Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be there tomorrow morning driving the Double 40.

I heard through the grapevine you were going to join us. Glad to have you. I heard your brother and family might be coming as well. Any truth to that?
I am not sure if they're coming I have not heard anything so I doubt it

Enjoy the ride all! Wish I could attend in person and get to meet some of you all, but I sent some hardware in my stead for now. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing how it goes.

Positively awesome vendors!

Thanks for having Lumberjaxe out at the Relic Run today. I'm sorry we could not stay longer but with my brother graduating this morning and a wedding in Boston to attend on Sunday, we had to keep our stay brief.

I'm positive @FJinTegaCay called my name for the Driver's Raffle prize, so I hope to hear about delivery when I return from my travels.

Lining up for the first trail ride of the day.
DSCN0369.JPG

A minor problem but it was taken care of by some very competent hands. I believe it was a stuck carb float. Allen said he will have a new card on the 40 soon.
DSCN0372.JPG

The line up of some 30+ relics. A convoy through the Uwharrie trails.
DSCN0376.JPG

The second ride of the day. I took my 40 up and down the back side of Daniel. My 40 did very well. Except; I turned off the engine once I was half way up waiting on others to make it to where we were. Once the engine stopped, all the gas drained out of the carb, the pump and back into the tank since I was on a steep incline. It took a little bit of doing but with the help of some able hands I started the 40 and continued the climb.
DSCN0377.JPG

I want to thank, David and all the volunteers,for organizing the Carolina Relic Run ,also the vendors for their support. Thanks Scott for bringing your axe throwing rig ,that won't be the last time I throw ,had a blast ,can't wait for the next event .

While I'm still reflecting on the events of this past weekend for a longer post to come, I did not want to delay posting the image below of a Facebook post that was shared with our club. Land Cruisers attract a diverse crowd, but we seem to all share certain characteristics that make us feel like family at a family gathering. The camp host clearly saw evidence of this during his visits and I'm grateful he shared these thoughts.

IMG_7256.jpg

Capture.JPG

Kings Mountain Point Day Use Area-Badin Lake Recreation Area

We had an Awesome time, and meet a lot of great people this weekend, and caught up with some old friends as well. I would call this another ONSC Success !!

Thanks to everyone who attended and participated in the "Carolina Relic Run". I would like to echo a special thank to all our supporting vendors who not only enhance our club, but enable us to pursue our passion buy allowing us to tap into their knowledge and craftsmanship. Without them many of the upgrades and customization's we do to our cruisers would not be possible.

Thanks again Eric.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can't say enough good things about this event. David, as others have said....outstanding job organizing everything. I had a terrific time hanging out with some old friends, but also had a blast meeting some really awesome new people!!

The Cruiser made it back home without incident. Not even one symptom of what was wrong on Saturday.

Thanks to all who came! I can't wait to see everyone again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom