Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Working Friday until noon (in Archdale) if that's better for you.

I'll be there before noon. Thanks Mike.

Stupid me, I didn't read your last post.

@FJinTegaCay suddenly my ability to volunteer has been expanded. I'll be rolling in Friday mid-afternoon in my Creampuff GX470.

After getting most of my prep done tonight, I took a test drive, everything was fine. Parked the 40 in the garage and blurp - right front wheel cylinder dropped that circuit's fluid on the garage floor (mind you, I hadn't touched that). Since I have neither the parts nor will to fix at the moment, I'll be rolling in luxury this weekend.

Mike, Friday is going to be crazier than I expected. So I will try to get down later this afternoon.

@FJinTegaCay suddenly my ability to volunteer has been expanded. I'll be rolling in Friday mid-afternoon in my Creampuff GX470.

After getting most of my prep done tonight, I took a test drive, everything was fine. Parked the 40 in the garage and blurp - right front wheel cylinder dropped that circuit's fluid on the garage floor (mind you, I hadn't touched that). Since I have neither the parts nor will to fix at the moment, I'll be rolling in luxury this weekend.

Sent you an email. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

I started the relic run early. Just hanging out in the yard

IMG_2604.JPG

Im in the same boat. Drove 40 home last night and it died a mile from the house. I think it's a fuel pump relay or pump. Just no time to figure it out. So I'm bringing the 470 and my two girls and maybe Blue. Going to give my wife a weekend to herself. So I'll be free to help if there is a need.

Anyone leaving from CLT Saturday am super early?

I plan to be cruising about 40 in my forty.... with the hop of not breaking down and getting to outpost in time for. Trail pass. And to campsite in time for an inspection.

Hit me up if any one wants to do a convoy, but willing to go at Relic speeds. Cheers

Just pinch off the front right circuit and remember to counter stear hard when on the brakes. You'll be fine.

I'm 1/2 joking.

Last edited:
Im in the same boat. Drove 40 home last night and it died a mile from the house. I think it's a fuel pump relay or pump. Just no time to figure it out. So I'm bringing the 470 and my two girls and maybe Blue. Going to give my wife a weekend to herself. So I'll be free to help if there is a need.

I really hate to hear this about your 40. I was hoping to see the shop truck at the event tomorrow.

We planned on some surprise attendees, so there will be enough food for the girls on Saturday night.

As a reminder, everyone who plans on taking their truck will need to purchase a trail pass. Daily OHV trail passes can be purchased at the Eldorado Outpost at a cost of $3 per day. Be sure to pick up a few additional supplies and top off your tank while you're there and support this local business.

IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0809.JPG
Thanks John Vee! Works way better than a pvc pipe. We are working to be ready when the Charlotte convoy passes our house. We will have an 18 month old copilot, our grand daughter Mollie. Should be an interesting weekend. See everyone soon!

View attachment 1475611 This is what it looks like when you own a 40, you're the event host, you've got the raffle items and your 10 year old daughter is your co-pilot.

Dang - I thought I was pressed for space and I'm bringing the Chevy 2500...but I am bringing the :princess:

We should be rolling in around 3ish.

I'm having a taco bar tonight. I brought 100 taco fixings. WIll eat till it runs out so look for the UC canopy tonight and if it smells good come over.

Ready to crash the party.

IMG_6376.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom