Carolina Relic Run 2017 - June 9th-11th 2017 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will do. Next is reprogramming my digital brain BACK to an analog world so I can work on this beast. I will start a separate thread, as to not pollute this fine thread. 2F mated to H55F is what I think I saw.

Great tranny and engine combo. Looking forward to seeing it progress. Another one saved!

Came from California several years ago. Is it yours? Wait, you have one just like it! Either way, once I discuss with the war department, I plan on digging in Monday night. Super nice couple who currently own it.

H55F was listed on the Paperwork provided with prepurchase inspection. I will know more on Monday. If all goes as planned, separate thread outlining the challenges and victories for "Buster Brown".

Well guys, my Fan Favorite Award from the Relic Run is now proudly on display on my office shelf. Sorry about the changes David, red is a nice color on an FJ40 but I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I did a frame off restoration which included the needed color change, switched out those 76 model year doors for ones with bug catcher windows, moved the spare to the right side, which is the right side, replaced the barn doors with a hatch and a few other changes to bring it closer to the 72 model year. I kept the 2F engine though. Looks good on the shelf in front of my TLC Baby Book.

DSC02890 sm.jpg

H55F was listed on the Paperwork provided with prepurchase inspection. I will know more on Monday. If all goes as planned, separate thread outlining the challenges and victories for "Buster Brown".
Let me know when you get it home and I'll ride up and check it out.

Well guys, my Fan Favorite Award from the Relic Run is now proudly on display on my office shelf. Sorry about the changes David, red is a nice color on an FJ40 but I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I did a frame off restoration which included the needed color change, switched out those 76 model year doors for ones with bug catcher windows, moved the spare to the right side, which is the right side, replaced the barn doors with a hatch and a few other changes to bring it closer to the 72 model year. I kept the 2F engine though. Looks good on the shelf in front of my TLC Baby Book.

View attachment 1483811

That looks outstanding, Dean! I'm really glad you and your FJ40 made the trip from FL. My family and I enjoyed getting to know you and flipping through your "baby book" of photos covering the first 40 years with your truck. I'm glad that our event will be noteworthy in Volume 2.

Let me know when you get it home and I'll ride up and check it out.
Will do. It may take some doing. She is a diamond in the rough. Anyone know if the gas tank recall covered 1982? I will approach the dealership.

Will do. It may take some doing. She is a diamond in the rough. Anyone know if the gas tank recall covered 1982? I will approach the dealership.

lots of discussion in the 60 series section about this....not as straightforward as one might think, and be prepared for a fight. Most dealership parts guys don't understand that a 1982 truck will be still eligible for a recall, and many claim parts are no longer available (and may not be)

62 tanks are gone. Onur has confirmed several times that 60 tanks are still available. Local stealerships will try to tell you they can't get them. The stealerships don't want to do this recall and will weasel out of it if you let them. From what I've read, the tank issue is caused not by faulty tanks as much as it is caused by a busted check valve in the charcoal canister. When that valve goes bad, the tank pressurizes and pops the spot welds and begins to leak. The easiest solution is to swap the hoses on the top of the canister, one for the other which basically disables the check valve in the canister. That solved my tank pressurization issue. The only downside is that you will get some gas fume smells from time to time. It's not bad. Better than the alternative IMO.

It's been a while since the event, but we finally got our donations out!! Due to the OUTSTANDING raffle ticket sales, we were able to donate a whopping $2200 to charity!! $1100 went to BRC and $1100 went to Tread Lightly.

This brings our total $$ donated to charity by the club to ~$8500!!! Just incredible.

Thank you to everyone who supported the event!! Make sure you are able to come out to the event next year, it'll be in April or early May.

:cheers:

For those still subscribed to this thread, below is a link to the thread with Alex’s incredible photos, including many which were included in this most recent issue of Toyota Trails. We hope to see you at this year’s event in April.

2017 Carolina Relic Run - in photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom