Builds Cara the white '84 FJ60! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a half-hour highway stint today (60F outside, cruising between 60-70mph) and was in the 180F to 200F range, largely regulating around 190F. Going to call this one good and proper. ☺️

The float bowl was full enough to allow the engine to run without missing a beat.

I replaced my fuel filter before the gas tank replacement and was surprised that it was so clogged up after possibly only 5000 miles.

Curious to hear if you have any noticeable drivability improvements.
I did a half-hour highway stint today and I might have had a small amount more power, and the throttle might was a bit more responsive. But if there was a difference it wasn't much.

Hey folks, sadly I've listed Cara for sale. I just don't have the room or space for her anymore, and Yoshi my HDJ81 is living up to what I need right now from a Cruiser.

If you're interested in this fantastic FJ60, take a look below! Would be a great candidate for some bodywork fixing to be a gorgeous garage queen (thanks to mileage), or for a LS swap and suspension but everything else is sorted, or just driving around and enjoying it.

5BE3DBAB-BC41-4C4B-BA81-3F1D75C96261.jpg

@kenavt looked through the photos, that’s a good truck that will make somebody happy. Best of luck.

But I noticed something … factory non-AC, huh? I haven’t seen to many like that, just my tomato truck.

@kenavt looked through the photos, that’s a good truck that will make somebody happy. Best of luck.

But I noticed something … factory non-AC, huh? I haven’t seen to many like that, just my tomato truck.
Thank you! I hope so too... it's a bit heart-wrenching for me to actually do this, since it made me so happy, but sometimes bigger life things call 😭

And yes that's right, factory non-AC! I should add that to the listing. A couple of experienced folks in the community said probably only 10% or so of 1984 model year trucks were lacking it. Even more of an odd unicorn. It was pretty annoying in the California heat... and sometimes with defogging in the Seattle drizzle... so I installed an engine mount that includes the AC compressor bracket when I did my engine swap. With the idea that if I wanted to, I could put in the rest of the AC components later. So that might be the hardest part of installing it, done!

Thank you! I hope so too... it's a bit heart-wrenching for me to actually do this, since it made me so happy, but sometimes bigger life things call 😭

And yes that's right, factory non-AC! I should add that to the listing. A couple of experienced folks in the community said probably only 10% or so of 1984 model year trucks were lacking it. Even more of an odd unicorn. It was pretty annoying in the California heat... and sometimes with defogging in the Seattle drizzle... so I installed an engine mount that includes the AC compressor bracket when I did my engine swap. With the idea that if I wanted to, I could put in the rest of the AC components later. So that might be the hardest part of installing it, done!
On the up side, it's one less drag on the motor!

Cara hasn't sold yet - haven't listed her widely and been busy with life, but that'll change soon. I'm dropping the asking price to $12k.

I did go and replace the driver's window weatherstripping and the outer window felt/seal, as the driver's window has always been really hard to crank open/closed. Works much better now. For the weatherstripping I followed Replacement window run source for 60-series trucks - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/replacement-window-run-source-for-60-series-trucks.1213597/ and got some generic weatherstripping from Amazon from a listing similar to what's in that thread, that is no longer available. For the outer window felt/seal I got OEM PN 68210-90A02, and transferred the old clips over to the new felt (learned from Builds - Rediscovering an '87 FJ60 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rediscovering-an-87-fj60.1244381/page-2#post-13891211). The whole thing was pretty straightforward. It's the small things that can really make a truck feel put together and polished!

Cara sold to a lovely local couple who used to have a FJ62 a long time ago and are excited for new adventures. I think it'll be a great home. Even though it was the right thing to do, I'll miss her greatly.

Here end the adventures of Cara the Cruiser with me, but I wish her many more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom