Buyer Beware-- Landcruiser Heaven (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me start off by saying I never leave bad reviews but hopefully someone reads this before spending their hard earned money with this shady business... I ordered some Scheel Mann seats for my 80 back in August from Frank at land cruiser heaven. I have received little to no communication from them this entire time, the only way I could get a update is if I call them and ask what's going on, seemed like every time I called there was some issue with this or that and it'd be 3 weeks. 3 weeks later same thing over and over again, after talking with frank and sharing my concerns we came to an agreement that if I didn't have them by January 15th he'd refund my money. Well they did call me ON THE 15th TO TELL ME IT'D BE 2 MORE WEEKS! Nope I'm done, so they "supposedly" issued the refund and said it'd take 5-7 business days to process back to my account. I called 3 different times because it hasn't gone back in my account every time I call it just rings and rings so after the 3rd time I immediately called from a different number (out of state) and they answer on the 1st ring huh, funny how that happens.... She looks into it and asks me again "are you sure you don't want them? You've already waited this long..." That leads me to believe they never processed anything.... Now its "we couldn't put the money back on your card so we are going to UPS a check... Oh God I'm praying I get my money back from this place and really wish I would have looked him up on here before... Maybe their covers are nice but their service is appalling.

Scheelmann is probably one of the easiest vendors to work with.....I'd be shocked if this was an issue on their side. We have been moving a fair amount of these seats.....we're doing custom inserts on seats now.....you can basically build ANYTHING you want with these guys(obviously a little longer lead time if materials are supplied to the guys in Germany). It's quite a bit of fun building these one-off seats.

Last edited:
I should also state he was supposed to make custom covers for them, I wanted them to match the rest of the interior. I thought they made them in-house and would have all the materials to make them match perfectly. And thanks @xtremeVA I will probably reach out to him once/if I get my money back.

So over the last year I have had 3 companies take advantage of me blaming covid on their issues of taking my money quick and either not delivering or under delivering. I hate complaining but when you steal from me its on. all 3 times I got immediate refund and full attention by filing complaint with their local bbb. They send the complaint direct to owner and it's public, so they find out real quick their lack of attention will hit their bottom line if they don't fix the issue.

Let me start off by saying I never leave bad reviews but hopefully someone reads this before spending their hard earned money with this shady business... I ordered some Scheel Mann seats for my 80 back in August from Frank at land cruiser heaven. I have received little to no communication from them this entire time, the only way I could get a update is if I call them and ask what's going on, seemed like every time I called there was some issue with this or that and it'd be 3 weeks. 3 weeks later same thing over and over again, after talking with frank and sharing my concerns we came to an agreement that if I didn't have them by January 15th he'd refund my money. Well they did call me ON THE 15th TO TELL ME IT'D BE 2 MORE WEEKS! Nope I'm done, so they "supposedly" issued the refund and said it'd take 5-7 business days to process back to my account. I called 3 different times because it hasn't gone back in my account every time I call it just rings and rings so after the 3rd time I immediately called from a different number (out of state) and they answer on the 1st ring huh, funny how that happens.... She looks into it and asks me again "are you sure you don't want them? You've already waited this long..." That leads me to believe they never processed anything.... Now its "we couldn't put the money back on your card so we are going to UPS a check... Oh God I'm praying I get my money back from this place and really wish I would have looked him up on here before... Maybe their covers are nice but their service is appalling.
Easy solution, if you paid with a credit card, just call your CC company and tell them, and they’ll do a charge back...

So over the last year I have had 3 companies take advantage of me blaming covid on their issues of taking my money quick and either not delivering or under delivering. I hate complaining but when you steal from me its on. all 3 times I got immediate refund and full attention by filing complaint with their local bbb. They send the complaint direct to owner and it's public, so they find out real quick their lack of attention will hit their bottom line if they don't fix the issue.

The Covid-19 thing has turned into a "convenient excuse" for many vendors lately it seems (not talking bout ih8mud vendors but just in general). It is just a matter of how long you want to wait and when to say "enough is enough".

BBB really does work at getting a response unlike other options but sometimes the owner can even lie to BBB if your own sided of the case is not backed up with documentation and get out of it with the case being closed before it is resolved on your end. Understandable as they shouldn't be a platform to attack business owners without good reason.

The Covid-19 thing has turned into a "convenient excuse" for many vendors lately it seems (not talking bout ih8mud vendors but just in general). It is just a matter of how long you want to wait and when to say "enough is enough".

BBB really does work at getting a response unlike other options but sometimes the owner can even lie to BBB if your own sided of the case is not backed up with documentation and get out of it with the case being closed before it is resolved on your end. Understandable as they shouldn't be a platform to attack business owners without good reason.

Covid has been a major default. With a heavy heart I exhausted all avenues before turning to bbb but all 3 were opened and in my favor and closed. I’ve gotten used to logging into bbb wherever I’m about to do business and checked their history. Saved myself a few times. Everyone is under enormous stress on one level or another but if you’re going to take my money you’ve signed up for whatever level of hellfire you got coming when lay down on me. It’s a bad harmonic balance rn unfortunately

Did you get a refund after filing complaint with BBB? Perhaps that is a good approach.

Did you get a refund after filing complaint with BBB? Perhaps that is a good approach.
I ended up calling my bank and disputing the charge, they credited my account but are still "investigating" they are suppose to notify me by April 28th of their conclusion. So while I received a "refund" they could at any moment decide that it was a valid transaction and debit my account. I can still appeal and send evidence but not until I get denied so this very well could drag on another several months.

How many times can the same vendor get a thread in bad sellers?
Yup. I had an issue with LCH 5 years ago. Took over 6 months and then gave up and took forever to get a refund.
LCH's got countless hits in the bad seller section over the years. Don't know why people still buy from LCH.

I'll say it again. I will NEVER do business with Frank at LCH again. Ever. His excuses sound good but his results are poo

I bought a new leather console armrest cover in gray. I was very specific about getting gray, even noting it on my order. What did I get? Oak. I was told to send it back and they would replace. I HAD to PAY the return shipping charges, even though it was clearly their mistake. They eventually shipped me the correct one. I even challenged them about having to pay the return shipping. Nothing. Lesson learned, I will never buy anything from them again. Steer clear of LCH.

I will never buy anything from them again. Steer clear of LCH.
Same here. Delays, attention to detail severely lacking, poor quality. Sad.

Same here. Delays, attention to detail severely lacking, poor quality. Sad.
Unfortunately same story here. No attention to detail. Scratches in the brand new leather, many deep gouges to the dash and other areas where they were doing work inside, several significant bolts were never replaced, microphone to Bluetooth was not even connected ( I found it in the glove box) I could go on and on. The paint looks good but his shop didn’t do that. Really poor quality , extremely poor response time, my car was there for a full year for a resurrection each time I got excuses and the runaround.

Buyer beware.

Complicated web they weave. Seems the international shipping biz didn’t work out well either. BBB 0 comments or complaints, Google reviews 5 star with a few 1 stars. The 5 star reviews look a little odd.

0123E3A7-AED7-4B62-A499-0BE8E1272558.jpeg

4D2D74D5-D0E8-4CDC-AD12-5B9767E71A90.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom