Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It well reside where the Viare was, but its larger size required more custom fabrication .
View attachment 2668557
I well retain the Viair mount but it needs to be beefed up. It also a bit wide to fit so I cut into the panel and made a cover. The cover gives it the room that it need and will allow plenty of airflow.
View attachment 2668581
For the record, As much as I like all the upgrades, the dam Beer virus canceling a lot or runs and people just staying home. I really need to stop working on this thing and just go wheeling !!!!!!!!!!

Loving this design. I will be copying. Ordered my PUMA this week after my Viair pooped out when trying to fill up the 37s. It was a little one so I was pushing it and expected he outcome.

Believe they are foam insulators that were around the OEM battery. At least that's what I decided when I ordered my battery box. I didn't order them, and with a Group 27 in there, not sure there's even room for foam.

Jason
I run a group 31, so definitely not going to fit. Ha ha

Pure copper welding cable, I have been advised to use # 4 Gauge AWG. I well be testing some #6 Gauge if i don't get satisfactory result #4 gauge it well be. ;)
Curious minds want to know.
My extreme air kit came with 4 ga copper welding wire and an 80 amp bussmann c/b. Your motor appears to be similar in size to mine, I’d go with 4 ga from the start.

Remember that my compressor was cutting out periodically as we aired up after running the Dusy Ershim? I tracked it down to a failing c/b. I sent it back to extreme air, he tested it and agreed that it was popping too soon and he sent me another. If this same issue arises again in the future I’ll go up to 2 ga wire and a 100 amp c/b.

what size cable and how long is the run to get those numbers ?
I'm running #6 AWG from RH battery box (my aux position) in engine compartment through my rear fusebox (Bluesea 6 position) located behind access door in PS rear panel above wheel well, so approx 15 ft. from batt to Anderson connector. I also run my fridge and inverter through that fusebox.

Edit: That should read #8 AWG

Last edited:
a
My extreme air kit came with 4 ga copper welding wire and an 80 amp bussmann c/b. Your motor appears to be similar in size to mine, I’d go with 4 ga from the start.

Remember that my compressor was cutting out periodically as we aired up after running the Dusy Ershim? I tracked it down to a failing c/b. I sent it back to extreme air, he tested it and agreed that it was popping too soon and he sent me another. If this same issue arises again in the future I’ll go up to 2 ga wire and a 100 amp c/b.
Extremeaire Magnum pulls 82amps so easy to see why you were tripping.
There is a direct relationship between amp draw and performance. In most cases higher amp draw will result in higher performance.
The Extremeaire is an excellent compressor and much faster than a Puma with higher amp draw but the price reflects that.
The Puma maxs out at 50A prior to shutting off.
I have seen guys run Pumas with #10 to #2 I recommend #4 for most.
Me I set my RPM at ~1400 use #4 and my compressor is under 2' from my battery. I see almost 13volts at the compressor when airing up.

a
Extremeaire Magnum pulls 82amps so easy to see why you were tripping.
There is a direct relationship between amp draw and performance. In most cases higher amp draw will result in higher performance.
The Extremeaire is an excellent compressor and much faster than a Puma with higher amp draw but the price reflects that.
The Puma maxs out at 50A prior to shutting off.
I have seen guys run Pumas with #10 to #2 I recommend #4 for most.
Me I set my RPM at ~1400 use #4 and my compressor is under 2' from my battery. I see almost 13volts at the compressor when airing up.
He says 80 amps. Seems like he would send the kits out with bigger wire and breaker if he was having an appreciable number of warranty issues with this. I will expect this to happen again. I took a little over one year for the problem to begin.

He says 80 amps. Seems like he would send the kits out with bigger wire and breaker if he was having an appreciable number of warranty issues with this. I will expect this to happen again. I took a little over one year for the problem to begin.

Specs:
-1.5 HP Motor
-82 amps draw @ 100 psi
-Continuous Duty Rating @ 150 psi, 200 psi max pressure
-6 CFM @ 0 psi
-2.6 CFM @ 100 psi”
-Weight: 20 lbs.
-Dimensions: 16″ long x 6″ wide x 9.5″ tall

No I don't remember, what I do remember is my Viair was not doing anything and and I drove down the mountain loaded with gear and only 12 to 14 PSI in each tire. That's the best I could do with my setup. With the group ready to go and the impending Danger I would have rolled on the rims if I had too to get off the mountain.
And the main reason for the upgrade.
I was unaware that you have the EA please post pics of you setup and how you have it mounted

On board Air is done
1621521213134.png

Air line and power switch
1621521306922.png

50 Amp CB for the power
1621521426068.png

The mounting bracket
1621521530590.png

installed
1621521580547.png

I ran a #4 wire 2' long from the battery to the 50 amp CB, I ran a #6 wire 15' long from the CB to the switch. At start up I have 13.78 volt at the motor running, non stop by the third tire it droped to 13.7 volts. aired up all 4 tires and the wire was still cool to the touch. The Puma was warm but not to hot.
1621522543144.png

The system is tank less and free flow with a Jaco Lightning S-Series Air chuck, I utilized the copper pipe with the cooling Finns and the blow off valve.
1621523080364.png

And then plumed to the rear bumper.
1621523171891.png

Theirs no pressure Gauge in the system. Just hook the chuck to the first tire start the Puma wait 1 minute 45 seconds, pull it go to the next tire do the same tell and 4 tires are done turn the puma off. All 4 39s aired up from 12 PSI to 25 PSI in under 8 minute. not bad 🤷‍♂️ ;)

I ran a #4 wire 2' long from the battery to the 50 amp CB, I ran a #6 wire 15' long from the CB to the switch. At start up I have 13.78 volt at the motor running, non stop by the third tire it droped to 13.7 volts. aired up all 4 tires and the wire was still cool to the touch. The Puma was warm but not to hot.
View attachment 2679240
The system is tank less and free flow with a Jaco Lightning S-Series Air chuck, I utilized the copper pipe with the cooling Finns and the blow off valve.
View attachment 2679242
And then plumed to the rear bumper.
View attachment 2679244
Theirs no pressure Gauge in the system. Just hook the chuck to the first tire start the Puma wait 1 minute 45 seconds, pull it go to the next tire do the same tell and 4 tires are done turn the puma off. All 4 39s aired up from 12 PSI to 25 PSI in under 8 minute. not bad 🤷‍♂️ ;)

Great use of space....did you make me an extra bracket :)

Definitely copying this, thanks!

Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I brought this home yesterday.
It's a locked 95 clean title and runs good, definitely rough around the edges but I got it for a song and it's a rust free Calif car. That i think could be brought back :rofl:
1621948255066.png

I took the hose to it, Wife said that it doesn't look as bad as I made it sound.
1621948501823.png

Let me know what you-all think.

Spare parts at the least for your main and awesome rig. Good bones for a trail rig.

Wish we got clean triple locked 80s over here for a decent price

I usually like to fabricate my own stuff, but I really liked the way the Delta VS storage rack looked. It was a bit spendy but I am very impressed with the fit and Finnish of this product,
Top notch service and excellent Packaging. ( yes I payed full Price and not affiliated with Delta in any way)
1622209686352.png

1622209729065.png

I also did some more testing of the rear sway bar.
1622209917948.png

1622209994066.png

1622210076636.png

1622210143865.png

I very happy with the way the truck flexes, it feels way more stable when doing these tests with the new sway bar then previous test in this same spot with out the sway bar.
The problem is that it look like the top Heim Joint was maxing out, I was following the lead of another member and turned the Heim 90 degrees for more clearance between the tire and frame ( see the last picture )So i pulled them to check sure enough both top heim joints are damaged. Unfortunately both the arms have been modified, so now I either buy new arms or cut and modify the ends in a way that they will fit and be in the correct orientation.:bang:🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom