Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patiently waiting for the Yaesu FTM-400 mount. These got super popular last year due to the instant rebate and the Wires-X.
IMG_0341.JPG

What filament are you using for the tan parts? It looks like a near-perfect match!

What filament are you using for the tan parts? It looks like a near-perfect match!
Paramount 3d military khaki ABS or PETG

They have best color match with tan interior. I probably have tried 20-30 different tan, brownish, khaki colors.

For the grey interior, Kodak grey ABS fits best. Toyota grey is kind of on the dark side. Most of the grey filaments have blue hues. They don’t fit.

Last edited:
I’d love to see an integrated trailer brake controller housing, and a smaller 4 rocket switch panel to replace the homelink in 04-07 lx470s. Hoping to find a trailer brake controller able to fit in the ashtray

Well through the ingenuity and collaboration with @BenCC i was able to take the braking controller *Out* of my ashtray and get a much more functional controller along with some space to re-do my legacy Luna dual battery controller. switched out to the ML-ACR and now I have a much cleaner cockpit!

Looks simple from this before and after - but I spent much of the weekend gutting the dual-battery system and installing the ACR, and swapping the trailer controller. Redarc makes it easy to go from the Prodigy to Redarc with a power/interface cable matching the Prodigy wiring - just plug and play.

Thanks to @BenCC for working with me to create this configuration! Hopefully this doesnt put too much stress on him for more!!
Before:

cboyd-benCC-ACR - 2.jpg

cboyd-benCC-ACR - 1.jpg

Cant wait for the next iteration of something to remove my ashtray again - agree with the comments for a switch bay, and more USB outlets!

Cant wait for the next iteration of something to remove my ashtray again - agree with the comments for a switch bay, and more USB outlets!
Every time I get an alert about this thread I am hoping to see something about an entire ashtray panel replacement with all the goodies. I am still hopeful the head to my ham radio can be fit into that panel when it comes out.

Every time I get an alert about this thread I am hoping to see something about an entire ashtray panel replacement with all the goodies. I am still hopeful the head to my ham radio can be fit into that panel when it comes out.

This is what I went with for the ashtray mount..... 100-Series Ash Tray Mount — CRUISER GARAGE Figure, I can work out a way to mount my HAM to it.

I'm doing several mounts from Ben the moment the new lower passenger side dash panel RAM mount gets released. I'm doing that, the center arm rest rear console, the 3rd row ashtray replacement and the overhead console Scangauge mount.

This is what I went with for the ashtray mount..... 100-Series Ash Tray Mount — CRUISER GARAGE Figure, I can work out a way to mount my HAM to it.

I have my Ham above in the sunglass / homelink spot - i hacked together something for my 610 a long time ago. I already have way too much going on on my lower console and looking down while driving isn't a great idea... so I like the HAM high! I'll probably get the new 610 mount shown above since it increases the viewing angle to what I did.

I'll be patient on something truly transformative for the ashtray area!

Well through the ingenuity and collaboration with @BenCC i was able to take the braking controller *Out* of my ashtray and get a much more functional controller along with some space to re-do my legacy Luna dual battery controller. switched out to the ML-ACR and now I have a much cleaner cockpit!

Looks simple from this before and after - but I spent much of the weekend gutting the dual-battery system and installing the ACR, and swapping the trailer controller. Redarc makes it easy to go from the Prodigy to Redarc with a power/interface cable matching the Prodigy wiring - just plug and play.

Thanks to @BenCC for working with me to create this configuration! Hopefully this doesnt put too much stress on him for more!!
Before:

View attachment 2294860
View attachment 2294861

Quick hijack
@cboyd
What did you do with the old controller? PM me if you want to sell it.

I have my Ham above in the sunglass / homelink spot - i hacked together something for my 610 a long time ago. I already have way too much going on on my lower console and looking down while driving isn't a great idea... so I like the HAM high! I'll probably get the new 610 mount shown above since it increases the viewing angle to what I did.

I'll be patient on something truly transformative for the ashtray area!
My radio head is currently attached to a Ram ball mount on the center console (me screwing a ball mount to the OE cover blank, not the @BenCC design) and sits right in front of the ashtray. I like the radio head down there versus above the rearview mirror as it is in my Jeep.

Quick hijack
@cboyd
What did you do with the old controller? PM me if you want to sell it.
Sweet tits.
This is how this site works. cboyd and I struck a deal and I bought his controller.
Keep up the good work Ben. I need my BTB. :)

Make 2 V2: Ram Ball Base Mount

1. Overview of the Final Product

1593141347114.png

This is the final product, M2V2, installed on my truck.
1588956143778.png

2 Introduction

The design has two parts, the backing bracket and the face panel. The backing bracket is to reinforce the factory panel. Three existing fixture points are used.

1588955627785.png

The following figure shows the whole assembly (Ram ball mount is not included in the order).
All fasteners are 18-8 stainless steel and will be provided.
Three #4 Flat Head Thread-Forming Screws for Plastic
Two 10-24 Nylon-Insert Locknuts (Black-Oxide)
Two 10-24 Socket Head Screws (Black-Oxide)
1588269396457.png

1588270189047.png

3 Fabrication

The face plate is printed using chopped carbon-fiber nylon. It has a matte black surface finish. No painting/sanding/prepping is needed.

The backing bracket is printed with ABS.

This is the first project that I cooperated with @suprarx7nut utilizing his fantastic Markforged printer. The chopped carbon-fiber nylon has very high stiffness and high toughness compared to ABS I used on most of my makes.

4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

RAM Diamond Ball Base:
1590006064896.png

5 Purchase

$100 plus shipping.
PM for direct Paypal payment.

Last edited:

1. Overview of the Final Product

This is the final product, M2V2, installed on my truck.
View attachment 2299627

2 Introduction

The design has two parts, the backing bracket and the face panel. The backing bracket is to reinforce the factory panel. Three existing fixture points are used.

View attachment 2299616

The following figure shows the whole assembly (Ram ball mount is not included in the order).
All fasteners are 18-8 stainless steel and will be provided.
Three #4 Flat Head Thread-Forming Screws for Plastic
Two 10-24 Nylon-Insert Locknuts (Black-Oxide)
Two 10-24 Socket Head Screws (Black-Oxide)
1588269396457.png

1588270189047.png

3 Fabrication

The face plate is printed using chopped carbon-fiber nylon. It has a matte black surface finish. No painting/sanding/prepping is needed.

The backing bracket is printed with ABS.

This is the first project that I cooperated with @suprarx7nut utilizing his fantastic Markforged printer. The chopped carbon-fiber nylon has very high stiffness and high toughness compared to ABS I used on most all my makes.

4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

RAM Diamond Ball Base

5 Purchase

$69 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). PM for direct Paypal payment.

I'm really excited how this turned out. The design work from @BenCC is spot on and it's a perfect fit for the YotaMD printer since it calls for high strength and a great surface finish. It's a rock solid mount and you could convince a lot of people this was an OEM option by the looks of it. Recessed and form fitted. Really well done, Ben!

$69 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). PM for direct Paypal payment.

You've got mail! So excited about this product! Thanks for all the work both you and @suprarx7nut put into bringing this vision to reality!

Me too. Just spent all my pocket money on a window motor
LOL.. soon as I get my stimulus check I am buying new axles so I can be done with the $#&% clunk! This will just be for fun! I haven't gotten to spend money on "fun" stuff in a few months because of this COVID s***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom