Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed my scan gauge yesterday, where did you route the cable, especially with the big plug to lengthen the cable? The plug in my cruiser ended being above the windshield and stands out like a soar thumb.
I've got some pics in my build thread. Pull the a pillar, remove one or two of the screws holding the visors in, and fish the cable from under the dash.

Updated Make 5 "Combo Mount". The major updates include:

1. The position and orientation of the pocket for Scangauge is optimized for better visibility.
2. The walls that separate the switches and the Scangauge are trimmed also for better visibility.
3. Print orientation is optimized for cleaner finish.

If you ordered Make 5 and want the latest version, PM me. I will send you one for free.

1577128644655.png

1577129028864.png

Last edited:
Updated Make 5 "Combo Mount". The major updates include:

1. The position and orientation of the pocket for Scangauge is optimized for better visibility.
2. The walls that separate the switches and the Scangauge are trimmed also for better visibility.
3. Print orientation is optimized for cleaner finish.

If you ordered Make 5 and want the latest version, PM me. I will send you one for free.

View attachment 2164377

View attachment 2164383
Does the switch locations support the OEM style push in/out switches? Rather than the rocker style?

Make 18: Third Row Cup Holder Replacement Panel

18.1 Overview of the Final Product

1577219466529.png

1577286249607.png

18.2 Introduction

This make is to utilize the third row cup holder on the driver's side for power distribution.

18.3 Design and Fabrication

Most of the early design effort was on matching the contours of the factory panel. More than 10 prototypes have been printed to get that right.

V1, aesthetically, is my favorite design. But when I tried to put it back on the truck, I realized that there is literally no space behind the cup holder. One part of the subwoofer sits directly behind that panel. So V1 only works if yo have already removed the factory subwoofer.

1577220165067.png

V2, is designed to clear the subwoofer. This is achieved by moving out and tilting both the 12V and 120V sockets. For both V1 and V2, an opening needs to be cut. Note: The rough finish is only on early prototypes to save print time.

1577220749851.png

18.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

12V Socket

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

Switch

120V Outlet: 85530-35050-C0
Wire Harness (Toyote OEM 12” In-Cab AC 120V 400W Power Outlet Plug-N-Play Wire Harness | KTJO 4x4 - https://www.ktjo4x4.com/product/toyote-oem-12-in-cab-ac-120v-400w-power-outlet-plug-n-play-wire-harness/56?cs=true&cst=custom)

18.5 Purchase Link

PM for Direct Paypal Payment

Price:
$75 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Make 6 V6:
1 Overview of the Final Product

1577996486816.png

1577416942657.png

Note: Ram ball mount CAD credit to Neal@grabcad.com (Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library).

2 Introduction

The original pocket cover only snaps into the main panel. If you fix a Ram ball mount directly on the original cover, with some load like an iPad, it tends to pop out. With this two-piece design, we should have a more secure fixture.

3 Design and Fabrication

The fasteners used will be provided. For reference, they are listed here.
Steel Narrow-Base Weld Nut
Alloy Steel Low-Profile Socket Head Screw, Black-Oxide, 10-24 Thread Size, 1" Long
Note: The measurement was taken on my 2000 LC. The pocket contour may be a little off from a LX. A little bit of sanding or trimming of the part may be needed.

4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

RAM Diamond Ball Base

5 Purchase Link

Price:
$40 + $8.3 (USPS Priority) for printed in ABS.

Last edited:
Make 16 V1: Third Row Ashtray Replacement Panel V1

16V1.1 Overview of the Final Product

1577419329976.png

1577420347504.png

16V1.2 Introduction

Make 16 V1 is a simple solution for a 12V outlet at the third row. It mounts one 12V outlet and one switch.

16V1.3 Design and Fabrication

It is a simple project. The only thing I need to say is that the switch can handle 10 amps. If you need larger current, do use a relay.

16V1.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

12V Socket

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

Switch

16V1.5 Purchase Link

Price:
$30 + Shipping (USPS Priority).

Last edited:
Make 16 V2: Third Row Ashtray Replacement Panel V2

16V2.1 Overview of the Final Product

1577420719143.png

1577421788391.png

16V2.2 Introduction

Make 16 V2 mounts one breaker to protect the inverter circuit.

16V2.3 Design and Fabrication

This is a two-piece design to mount the circuit breaker securely.

1577421193144.png

16V2.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

Circuit Breaker
(Select the current based on the wattage of your inverter).

16V2.5 Purchase Link

Price:
$20 + Shipping (USPS Priority).

Last edited:
Stoked to get this! Don't need a whole lot of power or anything in the front so this will be perfect. Once I get my new stereo the USB plugs will plug right into it and I can use as the Apple CarPlay attachments!

what type of stereo / head unit are you looking at? I’ve been looking at several of the Alpine Halo units. However, it says that it won’t fit the 100 series space. Also looking at some of the double din alpine units. My 2 priorities are Apple Play and Backup Camera.

what type of stereo / head unit are you looking at? I’ve been looking at several of the Alpine Halo units. However, it says that it won’t fit the 100 series space. Also looking at some of the double din alpine units. My 2 priorities are Apple Play and Backup Camera.

I have had good luck with the chinese brand JOYING Auto in the past. Had one in my 60 that did quite well, had an issue with it and their customer service was awesome and sent me a new "metal box" to replace my old one. Ended up being the updated version of the headunit with a better internal chipset and inclusion of DSP audio, so I came out ahead.

Will be getting this one as the 7" screen will be perfect (what I had before) and still has a bit of retro styling to it.

I don't have a need for this myself, but I often see people talking about how the wheel center caps fro Tundra Wheels don't fit on LC/LX without cutting a hole in them or using spacers on the wheels. Maybe a replica version with a deeper well to accommodate the center caps and with pin holes so you could swap your emblems over to the 3D printed versions would be nice.

I don't have a need for this myself, but I often see people talking about how the wheel center caps fro Tundra Wheels don't fit on LC/LX without cutting a hole in them or using spacers on the wheels. Maybe a replica version with a deeper well to accommodate the center caps and with pin holes so you could swap your emblems over to the 3D printed versions would be nice.
That’s actually a brilliant idea and would probably be a pretty good seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom