Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if it is possible to make a small pocket that can be inserted in the previous opening or if it's possible to make something that can replace the entire console insert to make one big area.

View attachment 2131260
From the photo, it is an easy project. It this black plastic liner removable? It is better that I take the measurement and test prototypes on it. I can make a pocket or a device-mounting panel.

Make 6: Change Pocket Mount

6.1 Overview of the Final Product

1577417924732.png

2019-11-12_10-28-43.jpg

The following prototype is printed with resin.
2019-11-13_22-46-26.jpg

2019-11-14_13-31-50.jpg

6.2 Introduction

The change pocket mount is modeled based on one of the requests. Variable mounting schemes have been developed.

Available versions:

V1: Mounts one rocker switch.
V2: Mounts one Blue Sea Dual USB Port.
V3: Mounts one rocker switch and one square single USB extension port.
V4: Mounts one rocker switch and one square dual USB extension port.
V5: Mounts one square dual USB extension port.
V6: Mounts one RAM diamond ball base.

Note: V2 can also mount a rocker switch.

6.3 Design and Fabrication

2019-11-14_14-41-16.jpg

6.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

Square Single USB Extension Port

Square Dual USB Extension Port

Blue Sea Dual USB Port

6.5 Purchase Link

PM for Direct Paypal Payment

Price:
$30 + $8.3 (USPS Priority) for ABS printed (V6 is $40 + $8.3).
Resin printed version is not available.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Make 5 - scanguage with switches. So excited for this. thanks for being easy to work with and how quickly youve put these products together @BenCC

Not sure if it is possible to make a small pocket that can be inserted in the previous opening or if it's possible to make something that can replace the entire console insert to make one big area.

View attachment 2131260

Yes. I'd like to remove my DVD player and repurpose that space in the console.

Want to gauge if there is interest on putting USB charging outlets at here, or other stuff you want to put there.

View attachment 2131528

Also very yes. I have the rear audio controls there and will never use them.

Yes. I'd like to remove my DVD player and repurpose that space in the console.

Also very yes. I have the rear audio controls there and will never use them.

I need the dimension of the opening after the DVD player is removed. That place is good for a storage pocket, or mounting a trailer brake controller maybe.

Reactions: KTP
@BenCC : Wanted to mention a 200 series suggestion while I was thinking of it. It seems that there is a lack of options (that fit nicely) for shelves in the Cool Box of the center console of the newer LCs. My friend ordered the most popular one only to find that it didn't sit quite right and got rid of it. Just a thought, great work so far!

I am thinking of stopping selling all PLA printed parts. The reason is that PLA is not durable, and tend to creep under summer heat. I am replacing all the PLA orders with painted ABS, with the same price. I am also going to confirm with every buyer on this.

Also I am testing on carbon fiber infused PC (poly carbonate). Hopefully I can get it printed nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom