Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really like this idea. My current truck has my ham radio head mounted on the ashtray, but I'd prefer a switch and constant power USB port there.

I'd like to move the ham radio head to the overhead console. Any thoughts on making a universal mount for something like that?
Send me your radio head, I will make a mount for it. I will try my best to make it look factory.
Universal mount is opposite with looking stock.

I'd like to move the ham radio head to the overhead console.

I like this thought as well, which ham radio are you using?

Should be opposite. I change the mount based on the LX overhead.

I believe he is saying he has this overhead console (pre 2003 homelink):
1573253487681.png

Send me your radio head, I will make a mount for it. I will try my best to make it look factory.
Universal mount is opposite with looking stock.

I'm assuming you need the actual head with mount and not just measurements. How much down time are we talking for an estimate? I have a handheld and I still have to move the radio from the old truck to the new, do there will be downtime anyway.

I'm assuming you need the actual head with mount and not just measurements. How much down time are we talking for an estimate? I have a handheld and I still have to move the radio from the old truck to the new, do there will be downtime anyway.
Can you send me a photo of the radio head you want to mount with some rough dimensions?

Kenwood TM-V71A

I was thinking Yaesu FT-8800R, but the Kenwood TM-V71A would probably make more sense for Ben, as it's still in production.

Make 5: Scangauge II and Rock Switches Combo Mount for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

5.1 Overview of the Final Product

1591338087802.png

1577130256830.png

1577130223017.png

5.2 Introduction

The combo mount is modeled based on members' requests. Two pockets for rocker switches are added. The rocker switches are fully recessed to protect it from accidental activation.

5.3 Design and Fabrication

The rocker switches are tilted by 15 degrees for better visibility of the stickers. Space is added behind the blades for wire connections.

2019-11-09_14-09-18.jpg

5.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

To complete the installation, the following items will be needed.

Ethernet Cable Extender Adapter

Ethernet Extension Cable (Up Angle)

For a smooth finish, you will need:

3M Bondo 801 Professional Glazing and Spot Putty, 3.0 oz.
Note: Dry sand only. The printing material will warp if exposed to excessive water.

Paint

5.5 Purchase Link

$75 + Shipping (USPS Priority). PM for Direct Paypal Payment.

Can print in Grey, Tan, or Black.

Last edited:
Oh boy I really like that😍

Working on one of the requests - rocker switch mount at the center console pocket.
There is space for only one rocker switch.

2019-11-10_0-27-41.jpg

Or a USB charger in the form of a rocker switch.

USB charger from Blue Sea:

2019-11-10_15-31-15.jpg

Last edited:
Working on one of the requests - rocker switch mount at the center console pocket.
There is space for only one rocker switch.

View attachment 2129337

Or a USB charger in the form of a rocker switch.

USB charger from Carling (Note: This is not in the form of the standard rocker switch.)

USB charger from Blue Sea(Note: Standard.)

View attachment 2129339

Great use of that space. Sign me up for one, please.

BenCC awesome work, what a great product. I can see a company spinning off from this. There are so many different platforms that if have a need for custom plastic panels. I don't know if other people are already doing this. I don't own a ScanGauge but have considered installing one because I tow a trailer. Now that there is a clean way to install one I think I will pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom