Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@BenCC
Random question here. I have a 2008 4th gen 4runner with sunglasses holder in the overhead console. I'm looking to install a scangauge II there. Do you know if your product would fit?

I know it's a long shot but thought I would ask. Thanks.
Short answer is no. It will not fit. It is vehicle specific. I made scangauge mount for Tacoma before. If you want one, you need to mail me your overhead console or I buy a 2008 4th Gen 4Runner. Let’s take the former approach.

If I mail you an overhead console you would be willing to measure and design one for the 4th gen?

Yes, I will message you and get out of the 100 series forum before I start taunting their torsion bars too much :p

Wow this is great stuff!
LOL... been watching all your videos on different stuff. Good job man, entertaining too! Didn't realize you were a MUD member.

LOL... been watching all your videos on different stuff. Good job man, entertaining too! Didn't realize you were a MUD member.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I think I see some 3D printed stuff in my channels future.

Make 1: Scangauge II Mount for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

1.1 Overview of the Final Product

1588957777755.png

1578680632553.png

Figure 0 Final Product.jpg

1.2 Introduction

First thing I made is the Scangauge II Mount for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series. I have been trying really hard to mount the scangauge in my 2000 Land Cruiser. Before I had the mount, it was on my dash behind the steering wheel, attached by a Velcro strip. But it blocked the very bottom portion of the dash. And most importantly, it did not look factory. At the same time, the blank panel on the overhead console has been there forever. It might be a good location for the scangauge.

1.3 Design and Fabrication

The most challenging work is to match the curved surfaces on the bottom of the overhead console.

Figure 2 Curved Surfaces.jpg

Multiple parts have been printed to perfect the fitment.

Figure 4 Pink.jpg

1.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

To complete the installation, the following items will be needed.

Ethernet Cable Extender Adapter

Ethernet Extension Cable (Up Angle)

For a smooth finish, you will need:

3M Bondo 801 Professional Glazing and Spot Putty, 3.0 oz.
Note: Dry sand only. The printing material will warp if exposed to excessive water.

Paint

1.5 Purchase Link

$75 + USPS Priority. PM for Direct Paypal Payment.

Last edited:
Received the Make 6: Change Pocket Mount V6 - the one that uses the RAM Diamond Ball Base - yesterday from @BenCC.

Just went out and installed it before it got dark and wanted to quickly report back that it looks like it is going to work out perfectly.

Seems pretty solid and secure. Off-road test will tell. I'll take some photos tomorrow when it's light and post later.

The main reason I decided to give it a try was to move the tablet down lower into the cabin vs. using it up on the dash with a RAM Mount Double Suction Cup Base (see below).

samsung-galaxy-tablet-s2-1-jpg.1868068

samsung-galaxy-tablet-s2-3-jpg.1868069

So I hate to ask a dumb question, but seeing the posts in the classifieds made me question myself before purchasing - Do the overhead console makes also fit the overhead consoles with the garage door remote holder (with the rectangular cut out)? They look identical to the sunglasses holder consoles to me, but wanted to verify with someone who knows better. Thanks in advance!

All right, here's what the center stack looks like now with @BenCC's RAM ball change pocket mount.

The tablet seems really secure and solid although I haven't driven it with it mounted off-road yet.

Maybe we'll find out at that infamous road out to the playa in Death Valley.

Land-Cruiser-Center-Console-Tablet-and-Ham-Radio.jpg

Last edited:
Another thread today suggested a delete kit for LC wind fairing. I’d be all over one for a whale tail delete on late model LX. I can’t open my hatch with a surfboard on top. Maybe exterior parts can be a new joint operation w/ @suprarx7nut?

Another thread today suggested a delete kit for LC wind fairing. I’d be all over one for a whale tail delete on late model LX. I can’t open my hatch with a surfboard on top. Maybe exterior parts can be a new joint operation w/ @suprarx7nut?

Yeah, @BenCC and I have been in communication a few weeks back. My materials are too expensive for low stress interior parts, but they'd be perfect for exterior parts where some strength is needed.

Yeah, @BenCC and I have been in communication a few weeks back. My materials are too expensive for low stress interior parts, but they'd be perfect for exterior parts where some strength is needed.
I have been working on one of my journal papers these days. It is almost done. We can work on that soon.

Any work on the subwoofer panel.

So I hate to ask a dumb question, but seeing the posts in the classifieds made me question myself before purchasing - Do the overhead console makes also fit the overhead consoles with the garage door remote holder (with the rectangular cut out)? They look identical to the sunglasses holder consoles to me, but wanted to verify with someone who knows better. Thanks in advance!
It fits.

Did that mount replace a sunglass holder or Homelink?

I have the homelink and am trying to figure out if the Scanguage II mount will work or not..

Sunglass holder, but I think it has some kind of HomeLink type bits on it. I honestly don't know what it was for. I just took the whole thing out.

20191122_134613_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom