Bad experience with CruiserParts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These guys are criminals I bought a wide body front clip for the newer 70 series to put on my 92 7O series from them for a customer of mine. Everything was supposed to be included I specified everything bolts hood latch inner outer fenders fender wells. Well after $3k it showed up the way they shipped it looked like a tepee with a mile of shrink wrap after unpacking I noticed new condition actually looked like they drug it in gravel every panel had body work to do. The list of what I didn’t get is crazy. No hardware no bigy I said. No latch I have one of those then it got ugly no valance no inner fenders no fender wells and the core support looked like a pretzel. After contacting they said they would pay for the body work. Craig I guess he is the manager lol told me I was to use my old inner fender and wells after they were supposed to be included they aren’t even close and the core support he said I can’t get anymore. Seeing how this new front and the frame needed modified to fit and I didn’t have a good starting point because inner fenders bolt to core support.So I get ahold of my very trustworthy friend Dave Martin at Back 40 Imports and got inner fenders for $300 A piece and a valance. I couldn’t spring for fender wells but I’ll rig something together. I sent them the bill for $1400 for body work like agreed that was just body work no primer or prep. They get on the phone with my body guy that I’m close with that gave him a great deal and cuss him out and sent me a email telling me to return everything and they will refund and they won’t pay for body work now Take in mind if I were to do that I would have to pay the $1400.Now this was a customers rig we waisted 3 months going back and fourth it was just them jerking my chain I was beside myself I have never delt with a more Unprofessional business in my life I called their local police department tried to press charges all that ended up Happening was a upset customer I’m just a small shop I pride myself on doing quality builds and they made me look like an absolute jack ass they are definitely lucky COVID-19 came around because I was already planning a 3000 mile journey to let them see the whites of my eyes. I’m so glad we have this resource to warn people about these guys.

Okay, so if I complain, only right to post if they make good. And, they they did come back and made a fair offer to fix it. They are going to sell me an aftermarket/new panel and pay shipping to me. They'll apply the credit from the broken one. I'll send back this one at my cost (cheaper because it's going to be folded in two!).

All's well that end's well in this case.

It will be when I get the panel. Still don’t have it.

I may need a 1fz engine, glad I saw this thread.

The rebuild shop was talked to and they actually have this engine to the side to re test and figure out the noise when they get a chance because we and they want to know what happened. We will update this thread whenever we get that result.

Coming up on a year and a half since this post, any word back from your engine builder guy?

Coming up on a year and a half since this post, any word back from your engine builder guy?
It's been just over a year since the poster has logged in. I doubt you will get an answer.

:meh: Maybe.

My take on Cruiserparts

1) Expect the box to be void of packing insulation. They know they can do better.
2) I have bought $3,000 worth of "take off", NOS container parts, and 70 series/diesel parts over the years and been VERY satisfied with the products and prices and even shipping costs.
3) The few used parts ordered from US cruiser donors were not worth the freight cost. Unless uber rare, don't purchase these- and get a photo first.
4) I would hesitate to buy any large body panels, etc without knowing that body work correction on receiving end was necessary.

in summary, if you want a hz/h55 bellhousing, NOS parts smaller than bellhousing, or up to take off 76/79 driveshaft they will survive transit and get you down the road. I'd love a "take off" VDJ79 hood, but know it would be dragged thru gravel before it arrived across the country. I will continue to use James and his shop for specific parts and can recommend. Just for gods sake would you spend some money on peanuts and bubble wrap and wrap things a little better. Packaging has been a problem for 20 years. Last box DEC 2020 included an alternator, splash pan and shot electrical wire and had 12 holes in box from the alternator smashing around. I actually took the alternator to shop to confirm it still worked and had to de-burr mounting surfaces.

@rick_d

Glad your post wasn’t a new “CP screwed me“ -post.

CP rip-off stories as old as the 1st “knock-knock“ jokes :confused:

This is the stuff that law school exams are made of. Contract law governs, what is agreed upon by the parties (price, liabilities...) with some exceptions such as fraud, breach of implied warranty etc...

I'm curious to know the result of something like this in court, there's probably a thread out there already on this.

Well, I wish I would have found this thread before ordering from these jokers a few weeks ago. I found some braided stainless brake hoses on their website and ordered two seperate sets on 2/18/21. They processed the payment via Paypal and then radio silence for over a week. I called them up to ask for tracking info and was told that the products were actually manufactured by Slee and one set was out of stock. The website never mentioned low stock or no stock, nor did they send any notification of such when the order was placed. So I asked for them to credit me the funds for the out of stock set and send tracking info when Slee drop ships the other set. Another week goes by and still nothing...

So here I am with no brake lines. They have $232 of my money and my phone calls and emails with Craig and Ronnie are getting nowhere. Ronnie told me today that refunds can take up to ten days to process. I informed him that I requested the refund over ten days ago and his response was that the owner had to process them. Total run around....

Had I known this was going to transpire, I would have looked elsewhere for the parts. Thought I'd give an East Coast shop some business...guess I should have stuck with the known and reliable parts entities. Steer clear of these guys, totally unprofessional and shady!

Edit with update - After a few calls and emails, the refund was issued by Cruiser Parts for the cost of the brake lines that were not in stock. The other set arrived from Slee late last week. While I appreciate the fact that they eventually did the right thing, the way it was handled really turned me off to ever considering buying from them again. Lots of vendors out there that provide excellent customer service, timeliness, and good communication. That's where my money will be going in the future. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
For those wondering… things have not gotten better in recent times. Been more than 10 days since I placed an order and no communication other than taking my money.

Wish I would have found this thread before I ordered!

Reactions: jdt
Cruiser parts has always sucked but it seems like more and more parts places are sucking. I cant speak to FJ40 vendors recently, but I am restoring an old z car and its really hard to get people to follow up on parts. Between supply chains, inflation and labor issues people just cant get it done.

Agree to BEWARE of them. I also had a really bad/expensive experience with cruiserparts LLC. I bought injectors from them, which are clearly and repeatedly advertised and OEM ones. THEY ARE NOT. Not realizing this at first, I had the injectors installed for 20 minutes and the truck was running awful. So pulled them out, and tested the pressure and spray pattern. Discovered 1) they were the wrong injectors (or wrong tips/springs in the injector body, at least) , and 2) one of them had a terrible spray pattern and was clearly damaged/not working. So I contacted cruiserparts, following up with many emails to get them to respond. They insisted I had 'used' the injectors cause they were installed in my truck for a few minutes/kilometres to the shop. How else were we to know they were wrong injectors without installing them and seeing how it ran? To make a long and sad story short, they changed me 20% restocking fee AND their shipping costs for shipping the injectors back to their supplier, for sending the wrong injectors to me, one of which was bad besides! I followed up again with them to try and have them make it right, but they are not communicating back any more. So I feel the right thing for me to do now is to let others know about my experience.

I have had nothing but good experience with them, parts I couldn't find anywhere else, now it seems as if they have taken a covid hit and their website is a fraction of what it once was.... even with all these bad reviews, I always got brand new parts, possibly just the type of things I ordered.

cruiserparts review
cruiserparts.net review
cruiserparts scam
cruiserparts.net scam
cruiserparts engine
cruiserparts.net engine
cruiserparts rebuilt engine
cruiserparts.net rebuilt engine
cruiserparts BBB review
cruiserparts.net BBB review
cruiserparts issue
cruiserparts.net issue
cruiserparts problem
cruiserparts.net problem
40 series
FJ40
55 series
FJ55
60 series
FJ60
100 series
Land Cruiser parts
Landcruiser parts
Toyota parts
cheap rebuilt toyota engines:lol:
Cruiserparts.net New Hampshire

12 Land Cruiser Drive
Sullivan, NH 03445
888-941-3450

TTT google bots:hillbilly:
I new to this plat form so I'm not sure how to put up a review on this cruise parts company but I ordered from them and it took them 3 months to receive this part that was damaged we delivered and then I found out it was never rebuilt it was just cleaned nicely. My truck is my legs and this is not ok to do to people the core charge was 900$ and they only refunded 400$... 9 months after I purchased this has anyone else had such a hard time with this company as I have?

28119.jpeg

28121.jpeg

Snoodly,

I'm sure someone will likely censor this, but I'm from a time before wokeness, where you respect a lady and always treat anyone kindly who could use an extra hand. There is a special place in Hell for whoever treated you this way.

You will find 99.99% of Mud members to be honest and helpful. Just keep reading as much as you can here, ask for guidance and suggestions and recommendations and hopefully you never run across another crook like this again. Sorry this happened to you. Best of luck to you.

Amen, hard to believe those days seem so distant now! Treat people how you would want to be treated. Don't say anything you wouldn't say around your Momma, its the simple respectful qualities of humanity that seem to be disappearing.

Karma is a biatch, If you haven't already posted in the appropriate section I bet a good person will step up to help. Wish I had what you all needed.

I new to this plat form so I'm not sure how to put up a review on this cruise parts company but I ordered from them and it took them 3 months to receive this part that was damaged we delivered and then I found out it was never rebuilt it was just cleaned nicely. My truck is my legs and this is not ok to do to people the core charge was 900$ and they only refunded 400$... 9 months after I purchased this has anyone else had such a hard time with this company as I have?

View attachment 3281140

View attachment 3281141

This is very unfortunate. If you still need a front axle check with @slow95z as he parts out 80 series and may have what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom