Bad experience with CruiserParts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sig line material there....:lol:

IDK who it was, but “back in the day” - there was someone who sent me pics of their yard operation.

I hate to badmouth whole companies but they need more covered vehicles to support what they claim are ‘warehoused & cataloged’ -inventories.

I bet there are great people working for poor leaders, and vice versa.

The photos showed a yard tripping over dollars to sell a dime part:
- hoods unbolted on roofs, motors getting rained on b/c of that.
- doors not even shut, or windows down where tucking a trashbag in works if you sold the glass.
-simple things like that - basically the reason wrecker yards now are “closed” to patrons.

I still have yard privileges at all my local places, because they know I follow what Dad taught me (a snot-faced kid he drug to all places I didn’t want to go) — unknowingly learning along the way:

— Treat the car you take parts from like your own personal parts car, as you may need more later.
— Don’t chop crap if it wasn’t part of what was wrecked.
— Look out for it as if it was on blocks by the house shop.

Thx for pointing out the funny, but I seriously hope maybe Cruiser Parts sees my exact post & can see where what I said is true & helps their yard.

We need every wrecked 80 to get used & recycled into our runner 80’s, so every yard that has one, I hope success by not leaving i$ht out to rust.

:::Steps off soapbox:::

@OP - you can try legal recourse, but we’re such a litigious-crazed country as is - do you really want to waste minutes & heartbeats when you now know better & can advise friends?

You survived a crap deal with a crap-rep company.
IDK your weekly income but you may want to think you’re investing at least another 40hrs in a lawsuit - as lawyers say - ‘frame the issue’ like that & do you really want to bother? (rhetorical question)

Unless you signed an agreement that made New Hampshire the court of jurisdiction, you can sue them in federal court. If you did, you would get all costs, including travel and related costs folded into any award given. It's a lot of costs up front, I know. You could always contact an attorney in New Hampshire and most, if not all, stuff including depositions could be done online. You have a good case here. You reasonably relied upon their professional judgement in installing the engine and you have documentation. You did this prior to installation. You would likely win. If you pursue this, you'll probably get your money back.
This is accurate. Also, you probably qualify to run this through small claims court with much lower costs. Have your attorney send a demand for payment letter, and in 30-days sue them in their state's small claims court. I sued a local Toyota dealer this summer and they finally settled with my attorney before it got to court. Got all costs and fees and some pocket change left over.

This is accurate. Also, you probably qualify to run this through small claims court with much lower costs..... I sued a local Toyota dealer this summer and they finally settled with my attorney before it got to court...

While nowhere close to anything legal myself (I just do a ton of holiday parties with everyone from traffic LEO’s to the county prosecutors staff) - a ton of his phrases ring from my stories I hear.

Legal stories & proctologist stories - both are the best fodder for awesome stories, either way you’re getting the “butthole” of society :p

What Linus said above: visited a nearby pick and pull salvage yard to check out a couple of 80's, they were trashed; windows and hoods missing, head missing and cylinders full of water, parts that had been taken off just tossed
into the back, carpets and interior covered in muck and mold (Florida).
Every interior part ruined. Sad.

Got some things from them way over priced rusted and wrong parts for a 60 never again ever ever ever they suck donkey balls

It belongs here because more people will see it here, and outing a bad company is more important than following "the rules."
BTW, "7 pin" gets the same information across as "pin 7."
I agree my dealing with them was about 7years ago up until my customer i am doing an lsswap on got an fj62 tank from them i didn't know at the time thats were he got the tank from until it showed up it must have been sitting outside for years with no fuel pump module in it didn't have one they ripped him off i had to use solvent and a couple of chains inside to beat the rust out then also seal ot with por tank sealer all of witch took hours to do cost way more than it should have in the end almost to the point of could have put a new long range tank in. (Stay clear from cruiser parts. Net unless you just enjoy getting ripped off anyway they fell like sticking it to you) op i feel for you i live much closer than you do to them if they got me that bad i would drive there and throw the fraudulent engine they sent you through their shop two times!!

It belongs here because more people will see it here, and outing a bad company is more important than following "the rules."

It absolutely doesn’t belong here in tech. There is a specific section for Bad Sellers. It belongs there.

If someone can’t Google-Fu themselves to end up at one of those threads (see attachments), then I have no pity for them.

None of this is rocket science in today’s business environment.

95E4A290-AAF5-470B-905B-B9FA8987215F.jpeg

2C2E0AF8-2FD4-4721-ADE3-2506F2E87C6D.png

You're wrong on both statements.
There are forum rules for a reason. If you feel like you don't have to abide by them, you are free to leave.
"7 pin" implies that you are modifying 7 pins. "Pin 7" specifies what you're modifying.
If you think these are the same, then I can't help you.

Last edited:
It absolutely doesn’t belong here in tech. There is a specific section for Bad Sellers. It belongs there.

If someone can’t Google-Fu themselves to end up at one of those threads (see attachments), then I have no pity for them...

What, a Google search? Blasphemy, but I can understand why because the bad sellers section is "badly" set up for MUD searching and doesn't get many views.

OP, I've had one bad experience and a handful of good ones with them, FWIW. Best not to take your chances with them unless they're your only option.

What, a Google search? Blasphemy, but I can understand why because the bad sellers section is "badly" set up for MUD searching and doesn't get many views.

OP, I've had one bad experience and a handful of good ones with them, FWIW. Best not to take your chances with them unless they're your only option.

I’m not here to say how one searches, or what the results are, or how the SEO for MUD works. That’s not my area of expertise.

I just know that I want to always interact with people I trust and like and that I see and interact with on the trails i ride.

Personally, the interaction matters to me. :meh:

I buy from businesses I know and have a personal relationship with. Names such as Cruiser Outfitters, Slee Offroad and Valley Hybrids come to mind instantly. Business relationships and more importantly personal relationships are built up over time. My boat guy that I have used for 27 years is casting off for the last time at the end of September. I now know how some of my clients may have felt when I retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom