Got burned by Wits End (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just sharing my experience and if this should be somewhere else please advise…..

I had a bad experience with Wits’ End. I went on his website to buy new Kioto headlamps for my FJ60 and his website was having a glitch where I could not check out. So, I reached out to him and he explained there was a temp problem and to venmo him directly the items I wanted . So i did and well the rest is history. Despite numerous emails and messages, I have been totally ghosted. It was only 40 dollars but doing something like is not cool. Just passing along my experience so you don’t also get suckered.

Just sharing my experience and if this should be somewhere else please advise…..

I had a bad experience with Wits’ End. I went on his website to buy new Kioto headlamps for my FJ60 and his website was having a glitch where I could not check out. So, I reached out to him and he explained there was a temp problem and to venmo him directly the items I wanted . So i did and well the rest is history. Despite numerous emails and messages, I have been totally ghosted. It was only 40 dollars but doing something like is not cool. Just passing along my experience so you don’t also get suckered.

When did this happen and how did you "reach out to him"?

I was going to place an order for a thing or two but I'll just hold off for an indefinite period of time...unfortunate...good luck to all parties...

@ravenplague Sorry to hear about this, what a bummer. For what it’s worth I occasionally have stock of those Koito headlight kits. I used to have them all the time but supply from Toyota has dwindled to almost nothing from the late summer onwards. Every couple weeks or so I get maybe five from them.

Once a crook, always a crook! Amazing with the heat being applied that I read about and this scumbag douchebag pulls trick like this. Karma is a biatch!

@ravenplague Sorry to hear about this, what a bummer. For what it’s worth I occasionally have stock of those Koito headlight kits. I used to have them all the time but supply from Toyota has dwindled to almost nothing from the late summer onwards. Every couple weeks or so I get maybe five from them.

Interesting. Ordered 10 and received in 3 days.

Interesting. Ordered 10 and received in 3 days.

Ditto, we just got another 20+ last week on a standard order. They were hard to get 5 years ago (when we had to import them from overseas). Now that they are in the US parts system nationwide, they got super easy and subsequently super saturated in the market :D

Over the years I've bought several things from absolute wits end. In all my dealing w him I've had nothing but great interactions. I'm sure there's an acceptable solution. I'm sorry you had that encounter but I think giving a bit of understanding having to go outside of his ordering/shipping system and payment would definitely take more time. Not to mention the time and effort it's gonna take to remedy the original issue you mentioned.
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Gotta keep the Cruiser family together! It's the season.

Nuff said

Over the years I've bought several things from absolute wits end. In all my dealing w him I've had nothing but great interactions. I'm sure there's an acceptable solution. I'm sorry you had that encounter but I think giving a bit of understanding having to go outside of his ordering/shipping system and payment would definitely take more time. Not to mention the time and effort it's gonna take to remedy the original issue you mentioned.
You obviously haven’t been paying attention…

Why would you not just buy them directly from Toyota or another reputable dealer? I don’t understand people who work so hard to buy stuff that’s available elsewhere.

Why people would pay more for OEM parts from that turd than you can get them at many places cheaper is beyond me🤦‍♂️

What the hell are you smoking?

He is being forced into involuntary bankruptcy due a large number of creditors.

Now that’s just funny. Tell that to the people who have been waiting years now for a turbo kit that aren’t even able to reach him anymore and are out 6k.

I guess you have been living under a rock.

It seem Joey stooped to a new Low !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom