Are any of you daily driving their 80-Series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drive my 80 daily and love it! proper maintenance is not cheap, nor is the gas, but it's the best vehicle I own, I feel completely safe in it, and there's no monthly bank payment on it.

Reactions: RFB
3o miles each way in traffic, used to drive buick la sabre .but La traffic has gotten so bad I want a box around me and beside the buick is so low its needs a snokel and a periscope, and you get nose bleeds from being so low to the ground.

I walk to work more days than not, but my 94 is my main vehicle and is driven at least a few days a week. I agree with many of you that half of the reason I own the 80 is because I identify with it and feel at home in it. For years I drove a Scion tC and just felt so misrepresented by my vehicle. Even if I had the money to buy a $20k commuter, It'd be a huge internal battle as to whether I should spend that money on the commuter to "save" the 80 or just spend that cash maintaining the 80. I'm thankful it's a moot point right now.

I am DD my 80, although I have only had it for a week. I had a 100 (LX470) for years and made the terrible mistake of selling it. I have a BMW 4 series and '96 Mercedes C36, but there's something about the 80 that makes me feel comfortable. Yes, it is very difficult getting used to the lack of cupholder space, no backup camera or parking sensors, and no bluetooth...but I guess that's also part of the reason I love it. I also only have a 20 mile round trip commute, so that helps.

I am DD my 80, although I have only had it for a week. I had a 100 (LX470) for years and made the terrible mistake of selling it. I have a BMW 4 series and '96 Mercedes C36, but there's something about the 80 that makes me feel comfortable. Yes, it is very difficult getting used to the lack of cupholder space, no backup camera or parking sensors, and no bluetooth...but I guess that's also part of the reason I love it. I also only have a 20 mile round trip commute, so that helps.
I’ve been able to easily solve all but the parking sensors pretty cheaply! Thankfully it’s not too difficult to modernize these babies!

:bounce:I daily mine, but I did the dirty diesel swap and get a solid 20mpg and I enjoy it more than ever

My 80 has been my daily driver since about 2011 when I first got it. It had 505 k km's when I got it, now it's up to almost 650 k km's. All on original 1hz motor. It's come out of DD service soon though as I need to pull the entire dash, etc. out to replace the air box assembly and deal with the non-working AC that's been non-functional the whole time I've had the vehicle.

3o miles each way in traffic, used to drive buick la sabre .but La traffic has gotten so bad I want a box around me and beside the buick is so low its needs a snokel and a periscope, and you get nose bleeds from being so low to the ground.

LOL in my DD I look up at the door handles on Buicks! The 80 feels like I'm perched in a fire tower, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Yes, I drive my ‘97 FZJ80 daily. Awesome vehicle!

I'm driving mine every day since I changed jobs and lost my take home ride. I only do about 14 miles a day since I live so close to work and usually fill up ever two weeks.

For the past 17 years I'll drive 10-30 street miles to a job site and then all day around these guys. My truck has taken a beating over the years and held up just as you would expect!

I daily drive it on 40's...

51882890_10211442742538657_2442053773837729792_o.jpg

It's all about smiles per gallon for me. I have a 62 but since I bought the 80 I am getting even more spgs than I was with the 62. 80s are just a happy way to travel.....

I drive mine every day. I didn’t spend all that money on Slee 6”, 5.29s and Toyo 37s to have it not be used.

Thread bump. Last week traded in the LS430 on another vehicle and now the 240k mile 80 Series will be the DD. Nothing drives like an 80 and I can now actually see around things. 4.88’s help but I find that I enjoy the truck a lot more if there’s no talk about gas mileage. Logically none of this makes any sense, but I wanted to drive the 80 more and life is too short to drive boring vehicles. Plus, the dog loves it.

CDF383E3-7A7D-444E-91AE-D624202AEB13.jpeg

B94C6504-F81C-41F8-AAB9-7DEFFA5E7E80.jpeg

B195D131-6027-4D6D-B37C-49EEFE3974F5.jpeg

61381556-2663-49F5-8587-25A7A4FD9D0F.jpeg

D304C94C-2F31-4949-9025-B5099A5163EC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom