80 vs 100 Google Trends Global Shootout: And the Winner is... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought you were a wheeler:rolleyes:...what were you doing on trails with 100 series:flipoff2:

This is how 100 ownership went back in the day:

Sister rolled 80 ---> insurance check came in ---> purchased 100 5 speed ---> entered depression ---> traded in 100 for 200 ---> No longer depressed
:p

This is how 100 ownership went back in the day:

Sister rolled 80 ---> insurance check came in ---> purchased 100 5 speed ---> entered depression ---> traded in 100 for 200 ---> No longer depressed
:p

Smart man 200 series is an awesome vehicle...one day

I couldn't decide which is better so own both
105 could of been the best all round cruiser but was only released here with the gutless 1hz or gutless thirsty 1fz
Why didn't 105 come with the 1hd-fte!

I love the 80-series.

What exactly "grenades" inside the front diffs of the 100's? Or are you talking about the actual pumpkin/outer casing cracking on those?

Are there no aftermarket diff options that are stronger if this is such an issue?

We've gone down this road before...80 vs. Jeep, 80 vs. 100, 80 vs. 200, 80 vs. Godzilla...

"If you're the kind that showers everyday go for the 100. If you haven't camped since 1982 go for the 100. If you own a Tommy Bahama shirt go for the 100. If your arms don't fill out your polo go for the 100. If you own a "labra-doodle" go for the 100. If you prefer green tea over beer go for the 100. If you are prone to tennis elbow go for the 100. If you now eat gluten free go for the 100. If you wear gloves whilst driving your Miata go for the 100. If you cover up after showering so your wife doesn't see your private parts...you've got issues. If your wife never lets you forget the time she found that starched sock under the bed go for the 100. If your food can't touch the other food go for the 100. If you get Starbucks giftcards go for the 100. If you wanted to be a cowboy as a kid...the 80"!

Zona

We've gone down this road before...80 vs. Jeep, 80 vs. 100, 80 vs. 200, 80 vs. Godzilla...

"If you're the kind that showers everyday go for the 100. If you haven't camped since 1982 go for the 100. If you own a Tommy Bahama shirt go for the 100. If your arms don't fill out your polo go for the 100. If you own a "labra-doodle" go for the 100. If you prefer green tea over beer go for the 100. If you are prone to tennis elbow go for the 100. If you now eat gluten free go for the 100. If you wear gloves whilst driving your Miata go for the 100. If you cover up after showering so your wife doesn't see your private parts...you've got issues. If your wife never lets you forget the time she found that starched sock under the bed go for the 100. If your food can't touch the other food go for the 100. If you get Starbucks giftcards go for the 100. If you wanted to be a cowboy as a kid...the 80"!

Zona
F'in Epic!

Not interested in the 100... ask any 100 owner who wheels what they think of their front diff....

I sold my 2003. Honestly, so much about it is better. That motor is just so much better in every way. Maintenance, reliability, longevity, and power. They are so clean underneath. Those CVs need 1/10 the attention the birfs do. Big strong drivetrain. CVs are cheap to repair/replace. They're great rigs.

But there are trails I wheel frequently, like Elephant Hill in Utah where I NEVER pick up a wheel in the 80 and the 100 was damn near a tricycle the whole day. There were a couple points where a rear tire was 5' in the air. Just incredible what a difference that geometry makes.

But that 100 cruises across country effortlessly and will pile up 1/2 million miles. I like 'em a lot, but I love my 80.

How about "80 Series Over Heating"

That's hilarious. Yeah, factor out these searches and there is virtually no interest in the 80 ;)

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Just trying my best to get this relegated to chat...where it belongs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom