Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The project sure looks great for not being full blown. I appreciate your reply. I understand Aqualu is closing the doors in 2024 and I will be needing a 3/4 tub for my 76'. I'm looking into this new product Toyota FJ40 - https://tpautoparts.com/collections/toyota-fj40
I'm not sure if anyone has experience with the quality? I was planning to go with aluminum as well being my restoration will be LS swapped and more of a restomod. I also have a stock 69' I'm doing a patina restoration / drive it now approach.
Keep up the impressive detailed work!
ZFJ40,
Sent you a PM

Good dogs, crappy shooting.

I spent all day sitting in ā€œThe Boxā€. Nine does and I couldnā€™t grow a horn on any off themā€¦

I never want to do this againā€¦šŸ™„

Sneaky suspicion the ā€œMrsā€ will lay a marital ownership claim to the newly Gentrified Mule (Thanks Mark).
Iā€™ve been eyeballing that stack of parts, pieces and otherwise perfectly good Mule bones, and rolling a semi inspired plan around in my little Infantry head. Storage building has a few boxes of ā€I may need that one dayā€ parts too.

Then I made the colossal mistake of lurking in threads I have no business emulating. You see where this is going?

Well common sense and discretion are often overrated, so weā€™ll see how this pans out. Son of Mule?
Shortly after joining the online community in 2003, @Mark W introduced me to the acronym MVS: multiple vehicle syndrome.

Itā€™s ok here; youā€™re among friends. šŸ˜‰

In the last 34 years I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had less than 7 trucks. They didnā€™t all necessarily run; thatā€™s not the point. We all have dreams. I think it was the philosopher Schopenhauer who said we buy books with the illusion that we are also buying the time to read them.

There's a corollary for landcruisers.šŸ˜‰

Shortly after joining the online community in 2003, @Mark W introduced me to the acronym MVS: multiple vehicle syndrome.

Itā€™s ok here; youā€™re among friends. šŸ˜‰

Hello, my name is Jeff, I have MVSā€¦Iā€™m the victim of an overzealous imagination and I may have drifted out of my lane.šŸ¤Ŗ

Some threads should come with warning labels.

The transition continues.

848E0817-8A7B-4AE4-BD7C-180F8F9C3D40.jpeg

82E4A1A9-7FE7-4C6A-B634-35248E410B47.jpeg

Funny you mentioned this MVS problem. I wondered what was going on. Once it takes hold, you can really head down the rabbit hole. This has been my 2nd year onlyā€¦ took this photo a few days ago.

@Chungas Revenge by the wayā€¦that truck is going to be spectacular

IMG_0982.jpeg

I donā€™t need a 45, I donā€™t need a 45, I donā€™t need a 45, I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45. šŸ™„

Once it takes hold, you can really head down the rabbit hole.

I donā€™t need a 45, I donā€™t need a 45, I donā€™t need a 45, I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45,I donā€™t need a 45. šŸ™„
Thatā€™s what I saidā€¦now there are 2!

When I got my first 45 I considered myself lucky. When I got the second, I thought I was blessed. By the 3rd, I knew I was cursedā€¦but for the fact that I had started a Landcruiser business to support my habit.

I wonder how far you would be at this time if you had decided to fix the steel tub.

A. Not very far.
B. Thrown hands up in confusion and despair.
C. Put off till spring/summer (non heated storage bld/workshop).
D. Blew it off all together.
E. All the above.

Iā€™ve been watching Aq projects (yours and others) for some time now. Here on the East Coast/MOV rust repair is not a matter of if, itā€™s a matter of when. I limped the Mule along for a number of years ref: the ā€œbody panelā€œ repair. The TopN was appealing too. But in the end the Aq is the right call. And like your pointing out. Itā€™s moving alongā€¦

Now this pipe dream ā€œFranken 45ā€œ is a Mule of a different color. A little something to tinker with, without getting in too much of a hurry.

"Need" is such a subjective word...

Reusing the front bumper and stinger. Mods on the fairlead location, clevis mounts and winch plate are on the ā€œwhite boardā€ too.

38FC2D7D-B92B-4CE7-8385-36FEB41E0FFD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom