74 PA PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Necessity is the mother of invention...
Or maybe, necessity is a mother...

Looks like it could double as a gallows. Maybe you can make your money back on the supplies?

Hmmmmm interesting thought. My home was previously a grist mill and I'm told the garage was an ice house. That theme would fit right in. Property dates back to 1850.

When I repaint- I am more than likely going with the Pueblo Brown Or Australian Bronze Olive version. Looks great.

All great choices, slightly nerving picking the paint color. Can't go wrong if it's what you want. Anxious to see your color choice.

Hmmmmm interesting thought. My home was previously a grist mill and I'm told the garage was an ice house. That theme would fit right in. Property dates back to 1850.
They use to cut a lot of Ice up here! My house was built in the 30s and believe its an old ice house. They still cut ice nearby as a tradition and store it in a shed! Believe it or not it lasts until July 🤔🍺

They use to cut a lot of Ice up here! My house was built in the 30s and believe its an old ice house. They still cut ice nearby as a tradition and store it in a shed! Believe it or not it lasts until July 🤔🍺

Bob I was fortunate to meet you and visit your place by the lake. Great spot!

Here's a few pictures of my setup. Impressive that 170 years ago someone decided to dam a small stream to power the Grist Mill and collect ice in the winter. More amazing is the engineering and construction back at that time. The dam elevations and placement of the large stones is something to marvel at. Those guys were smart and hardworking.

Dam 3.jpg

Dam 1.jpg

Dam 2.jpg

From a recent rain storm. It becomes about a 60 ft long waterfall when mother nature pushes it.. Lived here through through some severe weather including a hurricane. The dam continually shows it's resiliency. Probably will here in another 150 years.
Dam 5.jpg

Beautiful place!

Thanks scrapdaddy. If you're ever passing through northeast Pennsylvania stop by. I'd love to see your ride, have a beer and show you around. We have some common interests, I'm a gentleman farmer with a bunch of rescue animals and a few tractors. Of course this invitation goes out to any MUD member especially those from the PIG family.

Some more "leaked photos".

Working in a standard garage has it's limitations. Slightly narrower than we'd like but workable. What is not workable is the height clearances for painting.

The wife was not happy about the slapped together structure that suddenly appeared in the driveway. Had to do some fast talking. As mentioned didn't have enough room to paint the roof inside so we built a paint booth outside. It doesn't look like much? But it did the job. Found some lumber laying around, constructed a frame and wrapped it in plastic.

View attachment 2560978

View attachment 2560980

View attachment 2560981

View attachment 2560983

I'm sure some of you may be laughing but I'm calling it ingenuity!
Oh yeah! Getting things done!!!

Wow... what an awesome job, and it must be an awesome feeling to have it done this far! :)

I'm stripping paint for a bare metal respray on my interior and block sanding the roof after major repairs... but my mate said.. painting takes patience, take your time and done rush it and you'll get good results..

Wow... what an awesome job, and it must be an awesome feeling to have it done this far! :)

I'm stripping paint for a bare metal respray on my interior and block sanding the roof after major repairs... but my mate said.. painting takes patience, take your time and done rush it and you'll get good results..

Any progress is good progress but there are certain milestones that are rewarding. Your mate was right, "you get out of it, what you put into it"

Back to some bodywork. Still have to do the upper front fenders. Before I started the project I was looking for replacement body parts. Fortunately I was able to get many items from Bob. I also purchased these fiberglass replacement upper fenders from SOR.

We tried the fiberglass fenders and didn't like the quality or fit! We've come this far, better off repairing the originals. Looks like have some souvenirs for a wall mount.?

IMG_4006.jpg

Once again, I never said I was smart. These are in rough shape.

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg
IMG_4120.jpg

237.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom