72 FJ55 rebuild begins.....I'm going to have questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's an older picture before bumper, etc. You can see the extensions bolted on from the side. If you need close ups just holler.

IMG_2889.JPG

Hey do y'all remember if the factory winch needs frame extensions on a FJ55? Anyone have pics of one mounted?

You need frame extensions or you need to modify the factory bumper or use a non factory bumper. Those are your choices.

It's funny I totally already bought the frame extensions didn't even remember. I found them and ground off those stupid factory rivets.

Also I found myself looking at some of the factory welds with wire and splatter and I was like did someone repair this frame? Then I remembered.....there wasnt any robotic welding in 1972 lol. I'm used to newer cars.

The V12 fits in the 65 coupe R. They are going to be using that chassis for their next carbon fiber kit car, they showed it at SEMA I think with a LS based V12 from AUS. But I'm doing it with a proper 12.

Also feel free to post pics of original pumpkin/white trucks so I can get a feel for what everything is supposed to look like. The more original the better.

Well it looks like you might be able to splurge and go a tiny bit above the $5000 budgets we all have. Seein as you have a real Hummer, lambo motors sitting around and race cars.

Does anyone know what the paint codes are for my truck? I think the orange is called Polux Orange 304? But that paint code chart says 1972 was only solid orange, but my truck I'm fairly sure was factory two tone? So I dont know what the white color is?

Polux Orange 304? But that paint code chart says 1972 was only solid

In 1973 I bought a 1972 55 with 3500 miles on it. Stock color Orange and white. At the time I was told the orange color was described as Ochre or red ochre.

ooooh the memories. My girlfriend had a T-shirt printed that said “when the toyo’s rockin don‘t come knockin“

Maybe it was the same pig I have......hah. So is 304 the correct orange paint code? What is the white paint code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom