72 FJ55 rebuild begins.....I'm going to have questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I am ok with it not being mecum auction 100% pristine OEM I just wonder if they will work correct.

Yeah I am ok with it not being mecum auction 100% pristine OEM I just wonder if they will work correct.

Got it!
parking brake cable,
Lots of options here just about any automotive cable place could get you something made with ends that are close, we also have a few guys parting out a few rigs and there is a good chance one of them have something usable.

speedo cable,
I believe @LAMBCRUSHER converted a 60 cable to work, hopefully he'll be along shortly and get me straightened out, if not I know I've been looking for some hard to find speedo cable ends for one of my projects and I'll post the links here to a few of the companies I've found that make custom cables.

oil pump,
Completely out of my wheelhouse, sorry.

and body mounts. I know I can substitute 4runner mounts

The 4Runner mounts work great.

I don't know how to (ping?) someone, but I think Tucker had a e- brake cable custom made, too.

I want to say California Push-Pull makes custom cables...

1598011598033.png

Thanks for the info I'm sure I can get something to work. I dropped the springs off to be rearched and cleaned up Friday. I'm putting a powerslip locker in the rear end just for the F of it. I know these are some of the weaker axles but I'm running stock tires.

Did they come with whitewall tires from the factory? I'd love to get my hands on a brochure from 1972 anyone know where I can download one?

Did they come with whitewall tires from the factory? I'd love to get my hands on a brochure from 1972 anyone know where I can download one?
I do not have a link but there is a site out there with some brochures, might also be some in the picture thread here?

Look at post 55 in this build thread.

Thanks for the info I'm sure I can get something to work. I dropped the springs off to be rearched and cleaned up Friday. I'm putting a powerslip locker in the rear end just for the F of it. I know these are some of the weaker axles but I'm running stock tires.

Not sure people feel the 40/55 axles are "weaker", but I guess everything is relative!

I have an Aussie locker in the rear of my 40 and I did the 2-Lo mod (not to be confused w/ the J-Lo mod) to the t-case shifter. I routinely wheel in 2-Lo, not worried about snapping an axle w/ a stock 2F.

What part of the E-Brake are you looking for? I just removed mine and I am going to put in a custom Hand brake. I am going to splice into the cable at some point but everything that is on the firewall is in a pile in the back of the pig.

I think I am ok on the e-brake cable. What I do need is the pot metal land cruiser cursive emblems that go on the fenders. Also the side marker amber lenses not sure where mine went. I have the fender mount turn signal lenses but not the smaller ones on the side.

The lift is a full rise 9k lbs. Which most diesel trucks don't even weigh that. I love it. When it's all the way down it's totally out of the way it goes just as high as a two post lift but is more stable and less likely to drop something. The only downside is trying to work on rocker panels or fuel/brake lines that run the rockers. It is an Atlas which is the Chinese copy of a Rotary product. Saved me about $6000 over the rotary and works exactly the same, no quality issues yet. Good warranty too.

The frame I used rust bullet. Same thing I used to coat my concrete floors. Don't get it on your skin because it is not coming off fast. It's awesome for floors because you don't have to prep them. Just blow off the dust and lay it down. Doesn't pull up or chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom