72 FJ55 rebuild begins.....I'm going to have questions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know an easy source for the stupid phillips head bolts that secure the drums to the axle flanges? The asshat prior owner before me tossed them.

I recall getting some from SOR ar one point in my life

I'm also missing the two spring clips that hold the drum shoes in place and of course the hardware kits don't come with them! And the two new shoes that came with the rig when I bought it aren't the right ones lol. The previous owner wasn't the best.

PXL_20210511_022543971.jpg

Does anyone know an easy source for the stupid phillips head bolts that secure the drums to the axle flanges? The asshat prior owner before me tossed them.
Doesn’t the wheel do that, with proper use of the lug nuts?

Yes the wheel holds the drum on lol. But the screw is there from the factory I'm just trying to keep it OG. And the truck had orange wheels when I got it so just trying to keep that 70's trend going.

Once upon a time I heard that screw was put on at the factory to aid in the assembly and isn't necessary. I'm not even sure if that conversation was actually about a Toyota vehicle but it came up as an aftermarket part didn't have the screw hole. Going by sketchy memory here though.

Rotate those tires a quarter turn on the wheels and you probably won't need as much weight on 'em.

You're probably right but considering it won't go over 55mph probably anyways I'll just paint the weights orange, eventually some will fly off. The tires are experimental at best so I don't expect them to be on there long which is why I didn't care about matching the tires. They are VERY soft hence the bad balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom