Builds 60 Frankenstein Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like you’re covering it. If fluid flows when you bleed the corners it might just be a faulty caliper. Not an expert on proportioning valves but if the front end is at least diving then it sounds like the valve is doing it’s job
Just remembered something: the front left caliper has a tough time bleeding, it comes out real fizzy. No leaks anywhere. I thought maybe the threads for the bleeder got tapped too far and it was sucking air in there and shooting it back out through the bleeder. But maybe it’s pulling air from a piston or somewhere. A gap not big enough to leak on its own.

If the front left brake is weaker it stands to reason that the truck would dive right under hard braking … which is exactly what happens.

Just remembered something: the front left caliper has a tough time bleeding, it comes out real fizzy. No leaks anywhere. I thought maybe the threads for the bleeder got tapped too far and it was sucking air in there and shooting it back out through the bleeder. But maybe it’s pulling air from a piston or somewhere. A gap not big enough to leak on its own.

If the front left brake is weaker it stands to reason that the truck would dive right under hard braking … which is exactly what happens.
Bingo. You’re on to something Jim.

Almost done with the punch list for the SAS event. T-case feels great. Put it under load on the only obstacle on my place :) that’s accessible. Front locker would not engage. Had to undo the cable and manually move it back and forth. I think I had the cable it in a bind when I remounted it after installing the trans. Both function now. Had two wheel studs fubarred by my local tire shop a few months ago. Will never let them use air tools on my truck again. Trimmed the stud on my front left wheel and cleaned the threads on both sides of the mating surfaces (all 6). Will tackle the spare tire carrier next. Last task is putting in a new (aftermarket) starter relay. Wiring is not my strength, but mulling through it. Also added a new air filter. Can’t believe the truck actually ran as dirty as my old one was. I tinker with a lot of sh**, but it’s funny how I overlook such simple maintenance. I believe this old filter is the second one I’ve put in this truck in 7 years. Also changed the oil. Again…simple stuff

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

IMG_1121.jpeg

38 pages of pure bliss (2 weeks worth of reading)! Great job Jimmy! Love everything you’ve done with Frankenstein!

38 pages of pure bliss (2 weeks worth of reading)! Great job Jimmy! Love everything you’ve done with Frankenstein!
Than you Cody. It’s been what I call an “evolution build”. The education is priceless.

I missed a milestone but it’s close enough. Hard to believe I’ve been able to enjoy 30k miles on this drivetrain since 2017.
IMG_4215.jpeg

It's Hard to believe how much time and stuff has happened since 2017! Frankenstein is one of the best builds I have seen, and you use it!!! I hope all is well down south Jimmy!

It's Hard to believe how much time and stuff has happened since 2017! Frankenstein is one of the best builds I have seen, and you use it!!! I hope all is well down south Jimmy!
Thank you Tucker. Hard to believe we first met in 2016 when I was heading to the FJ Summit (with Mcguire). And that week was when the whole idea of doing the Solid Axle Summit originated. And as you said…”A lot of stuff has happened since then” :).

Just finished plowing through this thread.
So fun to see the evolution.

See you soon,

Ian

Just finished plowing through this thread.
So fun to see the evolution.

See you soon,

Ian
Oh man…so now you understand my attention deficit disorder:)

Oh man…so now you understand my attention deficit disorder:)
I thought, in your case at least, that ADD stood for “Awesome Decision Dude”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom