35"+ Tire Roll-call... (200's only) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered methods 17” x 8.5” 35 offset.

Time to order 35” tires. Km3 or kenda, I get a decent discount on the kenda. Not sure I can get a deal on the bfg. Assume extra $130 for bfg and it’s a 12.5 which I wanted to avoid, for ease of install

Last edited:
My Kendas have been great.

I run 285/75/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Rock Warriors with 1.25” hub-centri spacers. Have run these spacers for year with no issue. When to this tire after running 12.5” 35’s for several years. Dropping let me get rid of my KDSS relo kit (which leads to tweaked end links without some other custom tweaks).

m
Mark, which spacers do you have, I'm not opposed to spacers as long as they are done right.

Posting here for posterity. I cupped my 295/70/18 Falken wildpeaks due to an ignored alignment issue. The price difference between 295, 305, and 35x12.50 was a wash so I went all in. Full fat.

Here is what I considered

View attachment 3519110

I have talked plenty of smack about KO2s but they ultimately were my preferred option.

View attachment 3519111

View attachment 3519112

View attachment 3519113

View attachment 3519114

In terms of fitment, I already done most of the work to fit 295s on these 25mm methods:

1. I’m running extended @PerryParts LX specific bump stops all the way around. These have totally made the truck more complaint off road even in normal height. Totally solved smacking my rear bumper with the outside edge of the tire.

2. I hammered pinch weld back and notched the body Mount and hammered back about 1/2”. I do intend on welding it up solid. I also took a heat gun and worked the fender liner back pretty good.

View attachment 3519121

View attachment 3519122

Ride characteristics from the 295s so far are identical. Love the look 🥩
LOVE IT!!!

Mark, which spacers do you have, I'm not opposed to spacers as long as they are done right.

Spidertrax 1.25” HubCentric.
Slee sells them, as do other sources, but if you want to be sure you grab the exact set, calling Slee would simplify.

For a time, I ran .75” Bora spacers. If you use Bora, make certain they send stainless bolts, nuts etc. Mine Boras apparently weren’t and they rusted horribly.

Spidertrax have been trouble-free for years in combination with Rock Warrior wheels, which are +50 offset (10mm farther inside the wheel wells than stock +60 wheels…so the 1.25” spidertrax bring tires outward again plus a bit (1.25” minus 10mm).

Thanks @Markuson - I'll just call Slee... I need to for some other stuff as well..
interesting the 1.25" = 31.75mm making the RW's an effective +18.25 offset..( I believe...) should be much better than the 0 offset my buddy is running with smaller tires, which does not suit it at all..

lining up a bunch of things to install over the coming couple of weeks including an OME +2.5 setup

Just saw portals on a LX on Instagram. 😭😭🤤
cap10berry is his handle.

lxportals.png

Ordered methods 17” x 8.5” 35 offset.

Time to order 35” tires. Km3 or kenda, I get a decent discount on the kenda. Not sure I can get a deal on the bfg. Assume extra $130 for bfg and it’s a 12.5 which I wanted to avoid, for ease of install
If you’re still looking at the km3s, or anyone else here, I’m looking to sell/trade mine. They have less than 5k miles on them and were installed last May. 35x12.5r17

Located in fort smith, AR

If you’re still looking at the km3s, or anyone else here, I’m looking to sell/trade mine. They have less than 5k miles on them and were installed last May. 35x12.5r17

Located in fort smith, AR

Shoot, I picked up some kendas.

I’m considering SCS F5s for my 200, but they only come in 18” so with a 285/70/18 I’m coming out to 33.7 inches on OE suspension. Guys on 35s, is it worth getting a different wheel to move to 17” and try to fit 35s? How noticeable would it be for a daily driver? Thanks!

I’m considering SCS F5s for my 200, but they only come in 18” so with a 285/70/18 I’m coming out to 33.7 inches on OE suspension. Guys on 35s, is it worth getting a different wheel to move to 17” and try to fit 35s? How noticeable would it be for a daily driver? Thanks!

Why would you need to move to 17” wheel?

Depends on your usage and tolerance for working out all the places where your 35s will make contact that a 33.7 doesn’t. You’ll gain about 1/2-3/4” extra clearance for all that work

I sold my OEM wheels when I went to 17s so the final cost to me was about $100 per wheel. If you want larger tires 17s do open up a lot of options you cant find in 18s currently. Even for 34s you’ll find a whole lot more in 285/75r17

Depends on your usage and tolerance for working out all the places where your 35s will make contact that a 33.7 doesn’t. You’ll gain about 1/2-3/4” extra clearance for all that work

I sold my OEM wheels when I went to 17s so the final cost to me was about $100 per wheel. If you want larger tires 17s do open up a lot of options you cant find in 18s currently. Even for 34s you’ll find a whole lot more in 285/75r17
Thanks for the info, I’m just about to pull the trigger on the stealth custom F5s with a Yokohama Geolandar X 285/70r18. I always thought you could only fit 18s on the 200, and a few wheel manufacturers only make 18” in 5x150– assumed it was for a reason!

I’m not really rock crawling but I do drive off-road. What I really want to avoid is having an undersized tire setup after I lift it. Even with a 1.5” lift wheels and tires appear small… think I’d be ok with 33.9?

Thanks for the info, I’m just about to pull the trigger on the stealth custom F5s with a Yokohama Geolandar X 285/70r18. I always thought you could only fit 18s on the 200, and a few wheel manufacturers only make 18” in 5x150– assumed it was for a reason!

I’m not really rock crawling but I do drive off-road. What I really want to avoid is having an undersized tire setup after I lift it. Even with a 1.5” lift wheels and tires appear small… think I’d be ok with 33.9?
If you want to go right to the edge on an 18, the 295/70 is the way to go. It a +34" tire but still fits in the spare tire location .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom