1997 LX450 key fob help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. My recollection is that the PT398-07101 was 1998-up and PT398-07100 was 97-back.

I also have a vague recollection that the 07100 was forward compatible and the 07101 was not backward compatible.

Oh well.
You could be correct, number from the back on the fob is BAB237131-056.1 button works for lock and unlock.

You could be correct, number from the back on the fob is BAB237131-056.1 button works for lock and unlock.

My memory is the longest thing I own. Not that there is a significant benchmark available.......:lol:

:cheers: to CDan's memory

My memory is the longest thing I own. Not that there is a significant benchmark available.......:lol:
As long as you have at least 10% memory I’m still looking forward to bringing my build by the museum and getting the C Dan autograph and approval on the rig. So please don’t start soiling yourself in pubic. 😂

Just to update anyone that might stumble on this thread while searching.

I ended up buying this remote off of Amazon for $30 (Even though Amazon says it doesn't fit). It worked with my RS3000 system (part number in original post). A single button both locks and unlocks, so I ended up programming the remote twice. So each button on the remote can now lock and unlock. Programming was done by the standard RS3000 instructions. The remote came with the instructions printed. The remote has no markings anywhere on it, so no FCC ID.

One issue I've experienced, the "beep" on lock, and "beep beep" on unlock is intermittent. Sometimes it does it, and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think this is a problem with the remote. I believe this is due to one of my door lock actuators getting old / tired.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6E9UJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

remote.png

remote2.png

One of the "special features" originally touted for that two button setup was if you had two Toyotas with compatible systems you could have one remote work with both cars. One button for each.

I bought this back in June of 2021 and it worked great... Well, as great as the crappy range on the factory LX450 alarm can be:

I am looking at these:
Amazon product ASIN B01N6E9UJSor
I'm not sure if they will work, that is why I'm asking for a the specific link. I don't need answers I got mine from on ebay or amazon. I knew what to get I wouldn't be asking the question. Thanks for your understanding and help.

I am looking at these:
Amazon product ASIN B01N6E9UJSor
I'm not sure if they will work, that is why I'm asking for a the specific link. I don't need answers I got mine from on ebay or amazon. I knew what to get I wouldn't be asking the question. Thanks for your understanding and help.
WOW...

**EDIT**

Figure it out yourself...

Roll the dice... it's $25...

please provide a link to a aftermarket key fob for FCC ID: BAB237131-022
I understand you are not happy with the responses you are getting. However the members provided you exactly what you needed with the FCC code in in good cheer. Your asking them to provide you a link is asking them to google and search which is why your response after that was less than warm

I don't like it when members beat on people to search for the answers to their questions and I try and put a stop to that. In this case, the members 100% answered your technical question and didnt ask you to search even though there are many threads with the answer.

Shopping to find the part number after it has been given is something the reader should do. Otherwise they may complain if they blindly follow a link and it doesn't work.

You are free to keep asking for links, but I wanted you to know WHY you are getting the response you are

to illustrate what you can do, I copied and pasted key fob for FCC ID: BAB237131-022 into google and received pages of links to replacement parts. However, you need to validate the numbers match to ensure it will work as sometimes things are off a bit or similar items or ads. Asking people to do that for you is bad form so to speak when you have everything you need

key fob for FCC ID: BAB237131-022 - Google Search - https://www.google.com/search?q=+key+fob+for+FCC+ID%3A+BAB237131-022&sxsrf=APq-WBtktlIN2C6amgaCX6_FFAQgMVr8RQ%3A1644529781471&source=hp&ei=dYgFYpPSGtXP0PEPxpqdiAU&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYgWWhQ7ReUzUc5LRmC36-bGHwu8LUGdy&ved=0ahUKEwjT4Mfrjvb1AhXVJzQIHUZNB1EQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=+key+fob+for+FCC+ID%3A+BAB237131-022&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEKIEUABYAGCQA2gAcAB4AIABaYgBaZIBAzAuMZgBAKABAqABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Your friendly 80's section Moderator

I understand you are not happy with the responses you are getting. However the members provided you exactly what you needed with the FCC code in in good cheer. Your asking them to provide you a link is asking them to google and search which is why your response after that was less than warm

I don't like it when members beat on people to search for the answers to their questions and I try and put a stop to that. In this case, the members 100% answered your technical question and didnt ask you to search even though there are many threads with the answer.

Shopping to find the part number after it has been given is something the reader should do. Otherwise they may complain if they blindly follow a link and it doesn't work.

You are free to keep asking for links, but I wanted you to know WHY you are getting the response you are

to illustrate what you can do, I copied and pasted key fob for FCC ID: BAB237131-022 into google and received pages of links to replacement parts. However, you need to validate the numbers match to ensure it will work as sometimes things are off a bit or similar items or ads. Asking people to do that for you is bad form so to speak when you have everything you need

key fob for FCC ID: BAB237131-022 - Google Search - https://www.google.com/search?q=+key+fob+for+FCC+ID%3A+BAB237131-022&sxsrf=APq-WBtktlIN2C6amgaCX6_FFAQgMVr8RQ%3A1644529781471&source=hp&ei=dYgFYpPSGtXP0PEPxpqdiAU&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYgWWhQ7ReUzUc5LRmC36-bGHwu8LUGdy&ved=0ahUKEwjT4Mfrjvb1AhXVJzQIHUZNB1EQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=+key+fob+for+FCC+ID%3A+BAB237131-022&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEKIEUABYAGCQA2gAcAB4AIABaYgBaZIBAzAuMZgBAKABAqABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

BAB237131-022

Thanks for the link for the -022 (however that is for a Toyota LC) I need the -032 for my LX
I have done my due diligence searching for Aftermarket KEYLESS REMOTE FOB for my 1996 LEXUS LX450. I called the dealer and they are no longer available. They did give me part #: 08191-60820. FCC: BAB237131-032. I just need a replacement FOB for my LX., I never did imagine how much time and rabbit holes and dead ends I would run into. That is why finally came here to request a specific link to a -032 FOB for my LX. As the -022 can be found immediately. Where can I get a -032?
unless someone can help me I'm defeated and I will continue to use my key.

BAB237131-022

Thanks for the link for the -022 (however that is for a Toyota LC) I need the -032 for my LX
I have done my due diligence searching for Aftermarket KEYLESS REMOTE FOB for my 1996 LEXUS LX450. I called the dealer and they are no longer available. They did give me part #: 08191-60820. FCC: BAB237131-032. I just need a replacement FOB for my LX., I never did imagine how much time and rabbit holes and dead ends I would run into. That is why finally came here to request a specific link to a -032 FOB for my LX. As the -022 can be found immediately. Where can I get a -032?
Fobs are specific to alarm systems not brands. The keys are different, but an rs3000 is the same in both a Lexus and Toyota. I’ve seen atleast 4 members use my same fob. So if your unhappy with the advice it is what it is. Maybe search eBay until you find what your looking for. :)

Fobs are specific to alarm systems not brands. The keys are different, but an rs3000 is the same in both a Lexus and Toyota. I’ve seen atleast 4 members use my same fob. So if your unhappy with the advice it is what it is. Maybe search eBay until you find what your looking for. :)
will a -022 for an lx450? I'm under the impression that -032 is the one for the LX. which I cannot find on ebay or online. I can find the -022. Will that work?

will a -022 for an lx450? I'm under the impression that -032 is the one for the LX. which I cannot find on ebay or online. I can find the -022. Will that work?
If you go back to post #4 in this thread, the first link is to an -032 LX450 remote for $30.

BAB237131-022

One more shot... I have a 1996 LX... Exactly what you said you have. The back of my factory remote has FCC ID:BAB237131-032. Exactly what you said you needed..

I bought the one I linked to on eBay (Replacement for 1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Key Fob Keyless Entry Car Remote | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/112183350037) and it worked fine even though it is listed as the BAB237131-022 fob.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions here.

Very informative thread, sharing my experience:

1997 LX450
Model: RS3000 (08190-00921)
FCC ID on ECU: BAB 237000-129

Confirming that this -032 did not worked for me: Replacement Lexus Remote PN: 06191-60820 FCC: BAB237131-032 - https://www.remotesandkeys.com/product/bab237131-032-lexus-keyfob

Now trying my luck on -022 and will post results in a couple of weeks Replacement for 1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Key Fob Keyless Entry Car Remote | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/112183350037?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&customid=&campid=5337589904&toolid=10001&mpt=326120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom