1980 FJ40 Rear Heater Photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Someone please post photos of the correct location of lines & hardware (clamps and brackets, etc.) running from the firewall back to the rear heater for a 1980 FJ40. And the mounting location of the heater itself. I can't seem to find the mounting point.

Thanks

no pics, the heater is in the middle, between the seats but behind the seats. It would be directly behind the plastic center console.
the hard lines run along the hump just above the floor then bend up just to the left of the passenger seat and go back to the heater.

here is the heater location.

img_3496-jpg.1309311

Heater & lines

img_3413-jpg.1213899

And lines along tranny hump

001-jpg.1196870

Are you talking about the center console heater or the type that's separate from the center console?

For the center console heater, I recall the BJ42's lines enter a different point in the firewall than the FJ40's.

Are you talking about the center console heater or the type that's separate from the center console?

For the center console heater, I recall the BJ42's lines enter a different point in the firewall than the FJ40's.

1980 should be the pics above, the center console heater started in 1981.

here is the heater location.

img_3496-jpg.1309311

Heater & lines

img_3413-jpg.1213899

And lines along tranny hump

001-jpg.1196870
Those pictures are perfect, they will be useful to me too. Do you mind me asking where you got that roll bar from? I have seen a few guys with these ones that have the padding attached, is this the Toyota one? Many thanks.

Stuart.

Those pictures are perfect, they will be useful to me too. Do you mind me asking where you got that roll bar from? I have seen a few guys with these ones that have the padding attached, is this the Toyota one? Many thanks.

Stuart.
OEM Toyota. Better than nothing… but many are better.

I’ll be replacing my OEM one with a Metal Tech cage when I get to that stage, but for now OEM will have to do.

OEM Toyota. Better than nothing… but many are better.

I’ll be replacing my OEM one with a Metal Tech cage when I get to that stage, but for now OEM will have to do.
Thanks for the information, I guess the Toyota one would be fine for me. The Toyota one comes with the padding also I guess? Do you happen to know the part number?

Many thanks.

Stuart.

Thanks for the information, I guess the Toyota one would be fine for me. The Toyota one comes with the padding also I guess? Do you happen to know the part number?

Many thanks.

Stuart.
No idea on P/N. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom