1 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You'll need to install the other 3 to get a true reading. As other have mentioned a stk shackle might be a problem when if lift spring has to flatten out. I would guess your tires are going to rub the inside of the fender wells, if it's on the trail. A lower bumpstop would probably fix both issues. You could add 1/4" spacers to help a bit but they'll still rub a bit. I run 35x10.50 boggers on stk wheels and they rub. The tires actually measure 33".
I’ll probably will never take it off road and I do it will more and likely be something where I’m not flexing that much. I’ve decided if it doesn’t clear the garage than I’m probably going to go with OME 2 1/2 springs with the shackles and 33’s. I love the look of the 35’s but not enough to have it sitting outside even though my wife would love that idea.

I’ll probably will never take it off road and I do it will more and likely be something where I’m not flexing that much. I’ve decided if it doesn’t clear the garage than I’m probably going to go with OME 2 1/2 springs with the shackles and 33’s. I love the look of the 35’s but not enough to have it sitting outside even though my wife would love that idea.
You can always do these kind of shackles as I did, the length is same than original, but it will give you more movement backward and forward:
1707480529800.png

Reviving an old thread. I’m currently running 4in TPI springs with 1.5 shackles and plan on running 35’s. I’m going to run a factory style soft top and the bow sits about an inch higher than the garage door. I’m thinking to go back to factory size shackles and still run the 35’s but not sure if the tires will be rubbing the wheel well. I currently have one 35 on it and the others are 33’s but need to be replaced. Any help would be appreciated. The picture attached is the 35in tire to give an idea the clearance I currently have.

View attachment 3552462

View attachment 3552463
I’m going to run a factory style soft top and the bow sits about an inch higher than the garage door.
That is one of the factors that is a pain. My hard top now lightly brushes the garage door when I pull in, limits anything I want to do.

I have read OME is designed for medium or heavy loads due to the Australian use case... I also did not like their shackle angles in photos and read some negative reviews to that had a "there is a reason they recommend anti inversion shackles" sentiment. Since I usually dont have a top on my 40 and am not stuffing it full of gear and overlanding with it I went with 2" skyjacker springs and Bilstein shocks. The shackle angles were just right and it ride is very nice. Something you may want to consider in a light use case with a soft top

The springs had free shipping and I got the shocks on Amazon which would have allowed me to return them if I wanted to change lengths... had I not waited more than 30 days to fit them up.

After pushing my cruiser out of the just a hair to clean an oil leak I took advantage and checked the rear bow section. It’s obviously clear that the 35’s are going to be too tall to clear. Guess I’m going to have to stick to 33’s.

IMG_1915.jpeg

After pushing my cruiser out of the just a hair to clean an oil leak I took advantage and checked the rear bow section. It’s obviously clear that the 35’s are going to be too tall to clear. Guess I’m going to have to stick to 33’s.

View attachment 3584281

Garage door openers have adjustment on the down and up travel. Good chance you may adjust the open a little more to clear the bows.

1?

For sure the BMW and Mazda got jealous

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom