00N8's 2001 LX470 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, looking for options to quiet it down.

Using a combinations of threads to track down and fix a bunch of squeaks.

Started a new thread and eventually dug up an old thread and used it to fix one squeak.

Still hunting more squeaks and will continue on this thread

Here was the offending seat belt squeaker:

image-4191001428.jpg

image-4191001428.jpg

Last edited:
Taking out the carpet and third seat hardware to dynamat and install some type of truck bed liner and tailgate mat.

image-3558872871.jpg

Found a tube that was pinched off, any idea what this is for?

image-3651688408.jpg

image-3558872871.jpg

image-3651688408.jpg

That's funny. Mine was pinched as well and wondered what it was for. Passenger side right?

Mine had a residue in it, seems like a drain for something. I didn't see one in the driver side. Drain for the rear AC ducting?

image-68982998.jpg

Here is my driver side, also pinched but further down and behind.

image-1350696451.jpg

image-68982998.jpg

image-1350696451.jpg

Ordered up a bunch of Second skin Deamplifier Pro and Luxury Liner yesterday and today picked up a 4x8 sheet of black 1/4" thick ABS plastic to create a new floor deck and rear hatch plate for my rig this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Wow, second skin got my deamplifier pro and luxury line to me today. And with a nice little discount to boot!

Going to install this shortly and see how it helps the exhaust noise that I'm dealing with.

That tubing comes from the rear sunroof drains.

I think I have enough Luxury Liner for two rigs!

image-1904279111.jpg

image-1042066384.jpg

image-1904279111.jpg

image-1042066384.jpg

Here is the muffler les found for me installed. Significantly quiets down the rig, also chokes horsepower a little but feels like lower end torque is improved.

After reading the following thread for an 80's series I wanted to do the same for mine.

The muffler I used was 3" in and 3" out, I found it on google.

image-318195895.jpg

On to sound dampening!

image-318195895.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the muffler les found for me installed. Significantly quiets down the rig, also chokes horsepower a little but feels like lower end torque is improved.

View attachment 744689

On to sound dampening!

Thanx for the PIC!

How much did it cost to install?

p.s. I see you preferred that your car not smell like roofing asphalt!

On to sound dampening!

What aftermarket set up do you have? And is it obnoxiously loud or do you want it closer to stock?

Thanx for the PIC!

How much did it cost to install?

p.s. I see you preferred that your car not smell like roofing asphalt!

Local shop welded it up for $40

Yes no asphalt smell for me!

What aftermarket set up do you have? And is it obnoxiously loud or do you want it closer to stock?

I am supercharged. I have Doug Thorley headers. And EMS mid pipes with two resonators in each. No cats. EMS catback the rest of he way out with the Moroso spiral muffler at the tailpipe.

Second skin Deamplifier Pro going in:

image-4000772097.jpg

Removing that Ac box to get dampened behind it was a b!tch. Broke two black plastic body panel plugs and finally discovered a bolt under the rig next to the muffler was holding it down. I broke that bolt off as well. Then said screw it, just moved the unit out of the way enough to get some dampen set back behind it.

image-2267861194.jpg

Starting to put the second skin down. I cut out holes for all the screw holes for the old seats and mounting points in case I want to use those for the bedrug and ABS sheet I bought.

image-549556742.jpg

Getting closer!

image-4000772097.jpg

image-2267861194.jpg

image-549556742.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom