For Sale SOLD - (CO: Springs) 1987 FJ60 with Vortec Swap - Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This rig is not running. I bought it of a friend in our club and just don't have time to finish it. As you will see from the pics, the engine / trans / adapter / tcase are together and in place (might need some adjustments for final placement). The body is in great shape except for the areas behind the wheels.

Engine: 1998 GMC 5.7L Vortec V8

Transmission: GMC 4L60E 4 speed Auto

Transfer Case: 1987 Toyota 19 Spline transfer case — 38mm

Transmission/Tcase adapter kit: Advance Adapters - $750+ all by itself (http://www.advanceadapters.com/prod...d-cruiser-19-spline-transfer-caseadapter-kit/)

Axles: Stock with Aisin Locking Hubs

Wheels: Stock 15” Chrome

Tires: 31X12.5X15 BFG All Terrains T/A’s (not much tread left, but enough for some test runs).

Interior: Clean. Worn out driver seat was replaced. Tear in rear bench lower vinyl. All carpet and panels are in place. All trip pieces (from what I can tell) are present. Slight tear in headliner, not drooping. Comes with the original jack, toolbag, and tools.

Paint: The paint isn’t great, but since I had planned on making a wheeler out of it, I wasn’t too worried. Will need some bodywork and fresh paint if you want to make it a looker. Not trying to deceive anyone, I've primed/painted some of the trouble areas as to not offend my neighbors once I moved it out of the garage. :D

Recent work:

· Replaced the lower Intake manifold gasket with upgraded gasket (Fel-Pro MS98000T Manifold Gasket Set): common issue with these engines​

Comes with:

· New Fuel Filter: Airtex E8248
· New Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor : Delphi TS10075
· Manuals: a couple of GMC K1500 manuals (for the Vortec), an FJ60 manual, a LS swap manual, a Downey Off-Road swap booklet (with hand written info for this specific swap)
· Several extra items from the GMC K1500 (Radiator, Trans cooler, etc).​

Still needs:

· have the ECU reprogramed for the 60
· wiring harness reworked for 60
· misc. engine compartment loose ends
· starter
· run fuel lines / fuel filter / fuel pump
· permanent transmission mount (has a temporary one in place now)
· drive shafts
· exhaust​

Asking $3500 - Firmish

Here are some pics:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Last edited:
I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have. I'm going to be doing a bit of camping / wheeling next week, so please be patient if I don't get back to you and your questions immediately. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom