Builds BJ70-MR Conversion to a PZJ70-MRS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to MUD! :flipoff2:

Let me know when you're back in the hood next time...we have a local brewery to close down...

Subscribed...looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
Fawker. Your 60 will get built…someday.

Marty and I talked a couple months ago, and he offered to drive with me from California to Texas on its inaugural run, whatever year that becomes. I thought that sounded like a pretty good idea.

I can’t wait to see you build this truck back up. I was looking through old pictures for some other reason, and stumbled across this one from Roundup in 2017 when we met for the first time. Seeing that softtop poisoned my brain, and made me build my own…

6B7A1080-56C1-48DC-807E-6F437F20E24B.jpeg
BB9B8CFA-3039-4FA4-9826-454660D9D43B.jpeg

x2 what Roma said , drop that H55 in it's original location and get a 1HZ belhousing and single mass flywheel and then set the engine mounts where they need to be . All the 1PZ powered 7x models I have owned before came with a R151 with a weirdly long belhousing . I have always liked the 1PZ and am sure you will love in that lightweight BJ70 , mine usually came either in pickups or troopies and they where still cool to drive !

If it's anything like a 1HZ (it certainly has the architecture), if left in stock form and treated with somewhat reasonable care, it will outlast you. :)

Dang. Following along. Good luck Onur. 5 cylinders is no bueno. It's just wrong. Not balanced. But if anyone can make it work, it"s you.

Remember that guy on the Swell trip with Kurt in like 2014 that could not keep up? He had this motor.

Dang. Following along. Good luck Onur. 5 cylinders is no bueno. It's just wrong. Not balanced. But if anyone can make it work, it"s you.

Remember that guy on the Swell trip with Kurt in like 2014 that could not keep up? He had this motor.

Hey Andy! Great to see you on MUD!

Hope retirement is treating you great man! Hopefully operational soon and a DV trip in the works. :)

Some of the best small diesels ever are inline 5-cylinders: Mercedes OM617, OM602 and OM647. A lot of inline 5 gassers are no slouch either, like the Audi 10v and 20v turbo engines. The Germans seem have a propensity for 5-cylinder engines.

The FST BJ70 has got to be the lightest in the 70-series lineup, I think the 1PZ should motivate it just fine.

Hello,

I find it hard to believe that it has been two years since your 3B gave up the ghost.

It is good that you got yourself a very decent 1PZ engine. As others mentioned, in stock form it will outlast you. And its low rpm torque is just great.

It will be interesting to see a 1PZ mated to an H55F.

Make sure you tighten every bolt and secure every part.

Please document as much as you can. Your attention to detail is inspiring.

Good luck with your engine swap. Keep up your good work.

Juan

Some of the best small diesels ever are inline 5-cylinders: Mercedes OM617, OM602 and OM647. A lot of inline 5 gassers are no slouch either, like the Audi 10v and 20v turbo engines. The Germans seem have a propensity for 5-cylinder engines.

The FST BJ70 has got to be the lightest in the 70-series lineup, I think the 1PZ should motivate it just fine.

That Audi 20v 5cyl is one of the best sounding engines on the planet. Straight Group B bad@ss.

That Audi S4 is on my short list to own.

I think the 1PZ/H55f in the bj70 will move along just fine. Way better than a NA 3B.

That Audi 20v 5cyl is one of the best sounding engines on the planet. Straight Group B bad@ss.

That Audi S4 is on my short list to own.

I think the 1PZ/H55f in the bj70 will move along just fine. Way better than a NA 3B.

Agreed. The 1PZ will be perfect for my needs now that I am deeply in slowing down years.

I love 1990’s Toyota diesel engines in the cast iron form.

I’m way more open to driving on secondary roads to get someplace as opposed to autobahns; I already have a Prius that goes 80-100 mph on the American highways.

I want a power plant I can now rely on with little maintenance for basically the next 100,000 miles. The 1PZ, built and installed correctly, guarantees that.

power output, by the numbers, seems like it will do the job well in a 70 :beer:

Agreed. The 1PZ will be perfect for my needs now that I am deeply in slowing down years.

I love 1990’s Toyota diesel engines in the cast iron form.

I’m way more open to driving on secondary roads to get someplace as opposed to autobahns; I already have a Prius that goes 80-100 mph on the American highways.

I want a power plant I can now rely on with little maintenance for basically the next 100,000 miles. The 1PZ, built and installed correctly, guarantees that.
What if you install the Prius power plant into a Cruiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom