installed a oil seperator on my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those of you who don't have these mounted to anything, don't they flop around in your engine bay?

I mounted mine....but I can see (depending on hose routing) how one might be 'suspended' between hoses and not present any issues.

i would be interested in seeing your install on your 100...

I can show you the product.... as it sits on my shelf right now :doh: I have been working on other projects and just haven't gotten it mounted.

Most people should not need one of these. For a stock engine, oil coming through the PCV is usually a sign that something is amiss. I am supercharged and the vacuum sucks oil back in through the PCV. It is reasonably impressive how much oil the SC can draw back into the intake.

This oil amount is approximately 500 miles. 400 of which was fully loaded, pulling trailer:

20200906_174828.jpg

20200906_110056.jpg

Here’s mine after 150 miles. Engine seems to rev about 50-100 rpms lower until it’s warmed up. And is quieter at idle. Going to tow about 2200 pounds cross country. Will see how it goes.

3888EC2B-2DE4-4E34-83D9-76F2B0D4ED3D.jpeg

I went to Napa and got straight barb adapters to replace the original ones. Fit better in that location.

Which brand/model is the can above?

Anyone have photos of a firewall install? Any concerns with the added hose length?

Last edited:
Is there any benefit in doing this with the EGR and other emissions stuff deleted on the 1FZ?

That's how I have mine (EGR delete and block-offs), collects a good amount of oil vapor.

At 500 miles:

Oil Sep.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom