What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (106 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@voodu3 what bumper is that ?
It’s one I had built at riverside fab here in Chattanooga. He did a great job on it. I basically drew what I was looking for on a napkin and he did the rest. I’m sure he could build another one. PM me and I’ll send you his info if you’re interested.

Not really the weekend, but started helping a local Cruiserhead get the second build on my high and tight custom bumper design. Much easier and quicker when all the parts are pre-cut.
CBFBCD7A-2FE7-460E-8A1D-32FB92F22ED6.jpeg
94E1793A-FD86-4DE8-9B6B-664A5BBBFC57.jpeg
8CD72F77-E0D5-48A1-8C97-C7B5EAA9777B.jpeg

That's cool. Gonna save people zip ties too!

Sometimes when I'm searching I read old threads. Lots of good stuff buried in the archives.

Last weekend I worked on the guts of the rear doors. Also, drove from Cleveland to Baltimore and back.
Got just over 14mpg on about 2.5 full tanks.

This is cool! How much for a pile of metal scraps? :hillbilly:

Undetermined right now, but I may be looking for another CO rig to do my third and final build before offering a kit, and that is a big MAYBE:eek:.

1994 130k triple Locked. Never seen winter. Runs like new. Interior looks like new. Garages every winter (snowbirds). He asked me what it’s worth. I told him “to me it’s worth $5k”. He said “I’ve been meaning to sell it. Let me sleep on it.” I will be praying to @cruiserdan tonight.

View attachment 1788826

Flip it to me for $7k :)

What are the lower running lights your using there? They look LED's.
They are an 11” single row led. I moved my indicators to the marker light location and put those there. @kelly saad suggested I make a kit with a mounting bracket. I get lots of questions about them. They work great as floods. PM me if you want more details on them.

Bought the 80 some life insurance.

Cuz, you know,...it just may die someday.

20180921_065719.jpg

The Taco will never replace the 80, but it will get me where I need to go.

Last weekend:

Bled brakes with a vacuum bleeder (worked better than a pressure bleeder, IMO).

And replaced the exhaust manifold -> y-pipe studs with the encouragement of a few mudders. Was a lot less of an ordeal than I anticipated. The $16 stud extractor on a 1/2" impact got 'er done, but one of the studs in particular would have been a nightmare without the impact. Picture of the worst one--yeah, that's not holding anything down anymore.

20180916_122923_resized.jpg

Quiet exhaust now--tightened the wheel bearings a few weeks ago to fix some wheel wobble. This thing is starting to feel downright civilized :hillbilly:

That is how one of mine looked. The rest snapped off :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom