Old Style 5 Spd Shift Knob Available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After buying m H55 and a new 5 spd shift knob (second from the left in photo), I was dissapointed to find the knob was a more modern style than my '85 F60's old 4 spd shift knob (second from the right).

Is there a source for old style 5 speed shift knobs (or even just the decal)? I'd really like to keep the original look of the old knob, if possible.

I got a part number of 33504-14050-C0 from John Hawker at Sierra Toyota in AZ, but he can't confirm it's the old style. I called cruiserparts to ask them for the Toyota part number of for the shifter I bought from them, but they could not find it...

Any info would be appreciated. I've scoured the boards to no avail...

Photo credit - Panoramic
Knob_top_profile.jpg

Check on older Celicas. I know that is where some find their knobs.

The shift knob from a 80 toyota Pickup (SR5) is the round "Old Style" and has the correct pattern on the knob.

Dynosoar:zilla:

about 8 years ago i sourced an original 60 series 5spd knob out of canada from 4wheel auto wholesale in edmomton canada.
They where able to salvage it from one of the many HJ60s they have up there.

devo

Thanks for all the tips thus far. I spoke with CruiserDan and he says the part number I have is for the new style knob and the old style is no longer available.

So...keep those source tips coming! Sounds like the only way to get on is used, off of an older vehicle.

Thanks for all the tips thus far. I spoke with CruiserDan and he says the part number I have is for the new style knob and the old style is no longer available.

So...keep those source tips coming! Sounds like the only way to get on is used, off of an older vehicle.

Did CDan give you price on the new one? I will need one before Randy finishes up the Ghost...

Thanks,
ML

Last edited:
How are those on a July afternoon and a January morning?:hmm:

I've run them for a few years now. They get warm, but not to the point of burning the shift pattern into your palm. I don't keep my hand on the shifter the entire time I drive like most people do either. But being a welder the heat on my hands doesn't affect me as much as say a pencil pusher though.

J

I've run them for a few years now. They get warm, but not to the point of burning the shift pattern into your palm. I don't keep my hand on the shifter the entire time I drive like most people do either. But being a welder the heat on my hands doesn't affect me as much as say a pencil pusher though.

J

Hey what are you trying to say about us pencil pushers! Ouch... damn hangnail!!

Reactions: OSS
I've run them for a few years now. They get warm, but not to the point of burning the shift pattern into your palm. I don't keep my hand on the shifter the entire time I drive like most people do either. But being a welder the heat on my hands doesn't affect me as much as say a pencil pusher LIKE YOU though.

J

Edited for clarity :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom