What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still have steering issues & bump steer. Mate helping out & is going to rebuild the steering box so enjoyed an early morning terror drive down to his workshop:steer: this emoticon is a good representation of how she drives:eek: on the upside he's also going to install the aircon at the same time:) Have that waiting time for him to get it done in between paying jobs, but better than my ham fisted potato farmer hands working on it:confused:

Can you guys tell me what these 3 wires go to. On a '75 40, they come out of the center of the firewall, thru the small grommet. I think one is for the temp sensor?? But I can't find the other 2 on the wiring diagram...View attachment 1423989

Got my harness in boxes right now but if I remember right, oil sender is yellow with black stripe, temp sender yellow with green stripe. @Coolerman has wiring diagrams. Maybe someone will post a link, that's above my paygrade.

Rebuilt and installed a different D40 1bbl carb on the LWB to save on down-time. The 45 has been making daily appearances at the home improvement store as work on the new office progresses.

New air filter, power steering pump and reservior, belts, and water pump pulley after the old one gave up last week.

IMG_0526.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG

You use that marine paint for the outer side of the top? Looks mighty fine!
Yes sir, all is well except for pollen and those stupid small bugs that smear blood real bad when you smash em typical Georgia this time of year as you know.
We shall see, going to sand and recoat after the boys soccer game at 1.Going to use the better knap of roller on round 2 of the application.
Cheers,
Ryan

With all my meager $$$ being squirreled away for a future power steering upgrade, I'm working on several funds cheap/labor intensive projects... one of which is the 'great rusty steelies repair adventure'. While it goes without saying that blasting and powder coating would have been nice and likely very pretty, I have discovered new forearm and hand muscle aches with my cheapskate methods!
Got the backsides all cleaned up, primed and painted first then moved on to the fronts...
IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

Front after paint remover and scrub/sand/scrub/sand/scrub etc...... there was a silver paint covering the original paint which is what I really wanted gone!
IMG_0739.JPG

Used a 2K primer

IMG_0740.JPG

Paint next

Installed 2.5 OME lift.

40 went from 'squat' ....
View attachment 1428010

to 'pounce' !!

View attachment 1428011

It has a bit of the typical OME driver side lean...
Guess I'll drive it a bit and see how it settles out before I shim it. Kinda annoying, but the overall stance and ride are much improved.

hOOter

Crap... now I have another 'want it' project :rolleyes:
Looks good!

I finished and installed the PS resevior. What a time consuming task that turned out to be!

IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG

Installed 2.5 OME lift.

40 went from 'squat' ....
View attachment 1428010

to 'pounce' !!

View attachment 1428011

It has a bit of the typical OME driver side lean...
Guess I'll drive it a bit and see how it settles out before I shim it. Kinda annoying, but the overall stance and ride are much improved.

hOOter

Looks good. For some reason, I've never experienced the "Cruiser Lean". Even on original springs it sit level. I hope you don't regret not going 4". I debated between the 2.5 and 4 inch lift, and I'm glad I went 4".

@pngunme
I just read the news... I'm sorry for your loss Danny. I dread the day I need to say goodbye to mine. I'll be saying a prayer for you tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom