The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy to see that your not giving up on the Cruiser !! ;)

The orl cooler is a 10x13 plate and fin unit and does the job well along with the coolant to oil cooler.

Yours is 159% of the oem cooler size. With out using the radiator and having no thermostat in the cooling system you may be forced to block a portion of that cooler during winter n order for trans fluid to rise up to optimal temp. Looking forward to reading about this set up and how it works.

Cooler only, no brackets.
B8201717-9225-48C4-87DE-23C4B319D7F9.jpeg
F9FA5C86-46AB-448B-AD07-535B44B38496.jpeg

Yours is 159% of the oem cooler size. With out using the radiator and having no thermostat in the cooling system you may be forced to block a portion of that cooler during winter n order for trans fluid to rise up to optimal temp. Looking forward to reading about this set up and how it works.

Rodney stated that for areas that rarely see below freezing bypassing the radiator on these older diesels was the way to go. So I'll trust him.

fsm-185_2_lrg_1.jpg

fsm-185_2_lrg_1.jpg

I'm not spending 240 on the off chance it's cold. I can just run my trans unlocked and I promise it'll warm right up.

If and that's a big if I have issues I can simply fab a few new lines and viola.

Temp sensor and gauge showed up.

Sensor is a little to long and protrudes into the union to far. So I ordered a 1/8-27npt male to female adapter that'll move it back just far enough.

I'll wire the red to my power box under the hood, the black to a ground under my console and the orange is getting tossed. JDM cruisers don't have a dimmer.

20220604_221011.jpg

Emailed dvs about the bumper.

Basically said, everything is delayed. I'm not the only person upset and that he's been trying to contact everyone.

No eta

Texted the shop today. Last Friday they told me they planned to start this week and would update me. I hadn't heard anything so I sent a simple "planning on next week now?"

This is the reply and images. Progression.

Screenshot_20220609-173457_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20220609-173511_Messages.jpg
IMG_20220609_173422.jpg
IMG_20220609_173416.jpg

Passed week 15 of the 6-12 week timeline on my bumper.
Asked them twice in the last 10 days if they think it'll be here in time for my road trip. No answer at all.

Vendors that are all ears when making the sale and disappear after ****ing piss me off

But when you buy small market niche parts this is the risk you take. I want this bumper and because of that I can't just cancel my order and find another. It'll be ****ing fall before I saw a bumper at that point.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. A few of the big vendors on here are like that, then when you speak up, the D-riders take offense and s*** on you when your only asking for a response.

I'm wondering if maybe they are traveling for GSMTR or some other situation has come up. I'm trying to buy a s***load of stuff from them since I have my retirement orders now. They have me by my balls because I like their s*** the most.

I'm wondering if maybe they are traveling for GSMTR or some other situation has come up. I'm trying to buy a s***load of stuff from them since I have my retirement orders now. They have me by my balls because I like their s*** the most.

They went to Moab.

Their site says powder coating issues.

My issue is less the delay and more the fact they won't own it and explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom