What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made more room to carry junk.

20211207_105907.jpg

IMG_20211207_151247_190.jpg

IMG_20211207_151247_277.jpg

i've been frequenting the boards for a couple of decades now but never had an 80 series so I can't say I've popped in here too much.

Since i just bought my first 80 this last week I've been visiting daily to learn about my new rig. I found it interesting that the "What have you done with your 80 this week" thread has a couple thousand more pages than the same types of threads in other series. Does that mean I'm going to use my 80 much more than my other cruisers?

After purchasing my 80 with 99k miles this weekend I drove it 975 miles home. It ran great without any problems. In the process I flipped the odo over 100k, which was a bummer but had to be done.
IMG-0992.jpg

Well not as nice or intense of a job as SNLC above ( looks awesome SNLC by the way!!) but just replaced steering gear box along with hi pressure hose. Should help my wandering steering issue I've been having.

Death Valley Monday/Tuesday
PXL_20211207_185110704.jpg

And this happened
PXL_20211207_221907586.jpg

did you blow a trans cooler line? or is that my picture from a few weeks ago!

i replaced all those hoses, but in hindsight i believe you can cut corners and trim the offending hose and fit it back on the radiator nipple. once you clock that nipple fitting CCW a bit. that hose is discontinued by Toyota, as are most of the others.
I blew the line aswell,
It didn’t work by cutting as the hose was too small already,
My buddy had a hose handy, cut it ti length and it works

Let us know how she drives with the new setup. I am strongly considering the BPs soon.
I have a couple on road hours on it as of today, and it’s way smoother than before, less bumpier,
Nice smooth ride overall
Need to fine tune the compression a bit , but so far so good
Money well spent

I have a couple on road hours on it as of today, and it’s way smoother than before, less bumpier,
Nice smooth ride overall
Need to fine tune the compression a bit , but so far so good
Money well spent

Eventually I want to switch from the conventional OME shocks to the BP-51s.

Racetrack, near the Grandstand pulloff! I still don't know why Death Valley holds such allure...but I do know I am jealous of your adventure and can't wait to get back there. Glad it fixed your "D".
Shocking accuracy. Seriously man.

Going to look at / probably buy an 80 tomorrow :D

Few questions:
How do I test A/C during the winter time?

And I noted the front steering knuckles are suspiciously clean on the outside, which makes me a little skeptical, any easy way to check for birf soup / make sure that steering knuckles have grease in them?

Going to look at / probably buy an 80 tomorrow :D

Few questions:
How do I test A/C during the winter time?

And I noted the front steering knuckles are suspiciously clean on the outside, which makes me a little skeptical, any easy way to check for birf soup / make sure that steering knuckles have grease in them?
Turn the ac on and see if the clutch engages..
Very good sign.

There is a square bolt on you of the knuckle, might be able to take that out and put a skewer in to get a flavor sample

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom