Wheeler Offroad "Superbumps" installed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck details:

2000 LX470, 6080lbs
ARB bumpers F/R, no winch
275/70r18 Ridge Grapplers, full size spare
Ironman Nitro complete suspension
Trail Tailor extended endlinks F/R
Wheeler bumpstops
Front hub to fender = 21.5"
Parked it looks to have about 1/2" of clearance till it engages the bumpstops.

Threw them on tonight and hit some gutter drain areas in my neighborhood. Definitely much better control and noticeable. Then hit some aggressive turns and its immediately noticeable that it's much flatter on the street. I'm even considering removing the front swaybar completely, but then again, I spend 98% of my time daily driving. As of right now I'm completely satisfied. Anyone else in this thread have any updated performance they'd like to talk about?

Luis

Pic of truck just because lol

How about articulation? If the bumps don't sacrifice the already minimal front travel AND allow me to remove the sway bar then I'm sold!

Now that I have these in hand, they do seem fairly stiff. I'm going to give them a shot and see it they work out. I'll update this thread as soon as I get the ability to test them out on the trails.

Luis

I just got mine. I also feel a bit stiff. I guess I was kinda expecting to be a softer material. I can not squeeze these with both of my hands pushing toward each other. Is yours like this too? Do you still like it after several months? I am going to install mine tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah for me I drive 99% on the street with the LX due to my work schedule. So I bomb corners harder than I used to lol I had been driving my Ram the last few weeks and went back to the LX and drove it the same. Then I realized I was driving way harder than I used to. Before the LX had a tendency to "roll over" then settle. Now she just leans just enough and more linear. Kind of hard to explain. But I feel that she still has the same amount of lean it just doesnt flop over immediately. As soon as I get on a trail I'll let you know more.

Luis

I've had mine for several years. But as others have said they're quite hard now compared to when they originally came out. I cut mine in half roughly to the same thickness as the original bump stops. Front sway bar, took that off two and half years ago or so.

Last edited:
Yeah for me I drive 99% on the street with the LX due to my work schedule. So I bomb corners harder than I used to lol I had been driving my Ram the last few weeks and went back to the LX and drove it the same. Then I realized I was driving way harder than I used to. Before the LX had a tendency to "roll over" then settle. Now she just leans just enough and more linear. Kind of hard to explain. But I feel that she still has the same amount of lean it just doesnt flop over immediately. As soon as I get on a trail I'll let you know more.

Luis

Got mine installed, so far really like it. Like you said it make the car more linear. I notice it immediately when taking this big corner near my house, the LC is noticeably more composed. Not a sport car by any means, but the extra control when turning is welcomed. I also notice that when hitting bumps and potholes, it is less jarring.

I have stock OEM shocks, OME 2865 springs.

Any new news on these? I have a 2004 with 2.5 inch OME lift, slee diff drop and OME heavy t bars and the down travel hits are shocking when off road. I have ARB front bumper, slee sliders and slee front skid plat for additional front end weight. I want the down travel to be more controlled when off road. This truck is used mostly on road and off road at Uwharrie. The truck is running 285/70 R 18 BFG KM2's. Do they need to be cut in half to ensure we do not lose any up travel? Thanks for the updates.

Is this the correct one to order? I ordered the ones below.

Last edited:
Ordered trail tailor extended front sway bar links too.

Can't wait to see if these two mods improve the off road performance of the IFS.

Any new news on these? I have a 2004 with 2.5 inch OME lift, slee diff drop and OME heavy t bars and the down travel hits are shocking when off road. I have ARB front bumper, slee sliders and slee front skid plat for additional front end weight. I want the down travel to be more controlled when off road. This truck is used mostly on road and off road at Uwharrie. The truck is running 285/70 R 18 BFG KM2's. Do they need to be cut in half to ensure we do not lose any up travel? Thanks for the updates.

Is this the correct one to order? I ordered the ones below.

We have similar front weight and sounds like similar geography that we wheel in (I just did Uwharrie last month myself). I'll be curious as to your experience with these.

We have similar front weight and sounds like similar geography that we wheel in (I just did Uwharrie last month myself). I'll be curious as to your experience with these.
I will install and hit uwharrie a couple of times in November and December and will report back.

Any updates from those of you running these bumpstops? I put a pair on relatively recently (no swaybar - tossed it a while back) and am concerned that the already minimal articulation is further compromised. I'm considering following @bwell approach and cutting 1/2" or slightly more off.

Any updates from those of you running these bumpstops? I put a pair on relatively recently (no swaybar - tossed it a while back) and am concerned that the already minimal articulation is further compromised. I'm considering following @bwell approach and cutting 1/2" or slightly more off.
Right or wrong I cut approximately the same amount off you mentioned in order to make them approximately the same thickness as the factory ones. Bottoming out isn't so drastic.
I also don't have my front end set up as high as a lot on here, and I couldn't imagine riding on the bumpstops all the time even with these installed un-cut.

Right or wrong I cut approximately the same amount off you mentioned in order to make them approximately the same thickness as the factory ones. Bottoming out isn't so drastic.
I also don't have my front end set up as high as a lot on here, and I couldn't imagine riding on the bumpstops all the time even with these installed un-cut.
Thanks for the response. I like my front end at a low 20.5” fender to hub center, as I think this provides sufficient clearance while maximizing droop. If I ran larger tires, I’d probably opt to cut fenders instead of crank t-bars. Nevertheless, at this closer-to-stock height, the wheelers bumps are practically touching the LCAs at ride height, which I don’t like at all. I think I’ll cut the lower 1/2” off and reevaluate.

Truck details:

2000 LX470, 6080lbs
ARB bumpers F/R, no winch
275/70r18 Ridge Grapplers, full size spare
Ironman Nitro complete suspension
Wheeler bumpstops
Front hub to fender = 21.5"
Parked it looks to have about 1/2" of clearance till it engages the bumpstops.

Threw them on tonight and hit some gutter drain areas in my neighborhood. Definitely much better control and noticeable. Then hit some aggressive turns and its immediately noticeable that it's much flatter on the street. I'm even considering removing the front swaybar completely, but then again, I spend 98% of my time daily driving. As of right now I'm completely satisfied. Anyone else in this thread have any updated performance they'd like to talk about?

Luis

Pic of truck just because lol

My neighborhood has gutter drains across the streets that we call speed dips. At speeds over 30 mph, I would bottom out. I feel it has more control and predictability over extreme woops compared to before. Not that it was bad before. This puts it into a different category of handling to be more like a sports truck. I like it.

ARB Bumper Front / Dobinsons Rear
285/75/16 Cooper MTP
Dobinsons IMS suspension - OME HD torsion bar -- Dobinsons 880 lbs springs rear.
Wheeler bumpstops (2 per side)
Front hub to fender = 21.75"
Rear hub to fender - 24"
New bushings and joints everywhere.
SPC upper control arms.

ok the other thread i saw people putting these in the rearward location of the front LCAs
I see photos here of people installed in the forward location of the front LCAs which is where I've installed them. is there consensus of where they go?

ok the other thread i saw people putting these in the rearward location of the front LCAs
I see photos here of people installed in the forward location of the front LCAs which is where I've installed them. is there consensus of where they go?
I didn't even know there were two front bump stops on either side until I went to put these on... :meh: Not sure it really matters. The front location made good contact with the LCA, so there it went...

I’m waiting for someone to refute the logic that if we’re only putting it in one place it should go where the bumpstopS engage first which is the rear position.....unless the thickness of the wheelers limits the downtravel too much. Anyone who are smart have Input here

I’m waiting for someone to refute the logic that if we’re only putting it in one place it should go where the bumpstopS engage first which is the rear position.....unless the thickness of the wheelers limits the downtravel too much. Anyone who are smart have Input here
Ahem!
See my posts on other thread :deadhorse:

Ahem!
See my posts on other thread :deadhorse:
Bro it’s like Politics I need someone to second your Co-sign your bill:) they’re goin in the rear position as of now for me

I don't think it matters which position you locate them. I have the Timbrens I bought through JT and I had already installed on the front stop location and wondered the same thing so I circled back to JT with that question. Carl told me they had been installing them on the rear but he didn't think it mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom